Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

I don't get why everyone thinks Revis needs revenge.It's not like he got embarassed.He got beat on one play and it was mainly cuz he pulled his hamstring.Granted it was an excellent catch but if anything Moss evened the score because Revis shut him down (twice actually) last year.Besides,Moss only had 1 other catch and we won the game this year.

In related news,I think Belichick and staff will finally suffer for being so cocky.They have this "we can win wih Joe from accounting" attitude but that worked when they had a stellar defense.Im not sure you can win with their team now.Im no Moss fan but no 3rd round pick is gonna bring in a Randy Moss type receiver.Besides that,while Tom Brady is a sure HOFer,he's not Peyton Manning.Stats and rings can be deceivin.The Patriot dynasty became so because their D was dominant and their offense was good enough.When they began to lose guys like Seymour,Samules,Vrabel,Bruschi,Harrison...no more rings!!!PPL's love affair with Tom Brady conveniently allows them to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I don't get why everyone thinks Revis needs revenge.It's not like he got embarassed.He got beat on one play and it was mainly cuz he pulled his hamstring.Granted it was an excellent catch but if anything Moss evened the score because Revis shut him down (twice actually) last year.Besides,Moss only had 1 other catch and we won the game this year.
    Revis marked the next game vs. Randy Moss on his calender, the date just came sooner than expected. He told that in a locker room interview this week. I think he doesn't accept the fact that he got beat.

I agree he didn't get embarassed, people say that really easy. Oh, he got off Revis Island. Revis isn't the best cornerback in the League, and so on. He wasn't 100%, we know that but it was a mistake he made early in the play that created the room for Randy. He allowed him to get the inside track and sprint right by him, knowing that Randy Moss easily outruns him when he's not 100%. It was just a spectacular catch but overall Revis has had the upper hand in their matchups. I really hope Revis will completely shut Moss down, hopefully with some Interceptions.

Agreed.Besides,last time I checked,Moss was not only one of the best in the league but one of the best all time.No shame in getting toasted one time with a bad hammy from a sure HOFer.Revis has great catch-up speed.Much like Deion did,it doesnt matter whether you get a little ahead of him because he has that catch-up speed and excellent timing.What got him beat is that Moss got a little ahead of him and when that catch-up speed and timing would have kicked in for him to break on the ball or @ least deflect it,his hammy gave way.

Agreed.Besides,last time I checked,Moss was not only one of the best in the league but one of the best all time.No shame in getting toasted one time with a bad hammy from a sure HOFer.Revis has great catch-up speed.Much like Deion did,it doesnt matter whether you get a little ahead of him because he has that catch-up speed and excellent timing.What got him beat is that Moss got a little ahead of him and when that catch-up speed and timing would have kicked in for him to break on the ball or @ least deflect it,his hammy gave way.
    I agree that this wouldn't be a problem against a lot of WR's but Randy's combination of speed, length, hands and experience plus the fact that he was not 100% made this a mistake by Revis. Moss is great in the vertical game and giving him so much space to just sprint down the field is not the ideal way to defend him. I can't wait to see this matchup on monday.

I hope we punish Brett.I can't stand Favre + this would be a real statement game for us.We'd maintain #1 in the division,prove we werent just a flash in the pan and beat a team that is coming off a bye determined to prove their losses thus far were "nothing to worry about".

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Green"]The Jets are not blitzing like last year so its a bend dont break defense.

Revis needs to STFU get healthy and play football. A motivated Moss along with a Favre can present problems.[/COLOR]

I missed the friggin game. Jets got the w but I heard it was close at times. Also heard revis wasn't coverin percy harvin well. He got burned for a td, saw that on the highlight reel, you could see he isnt in shape because he is faster than that. Looks like him holding out in training camp is becoming a big mistake.

Revis is still hurt which is a little scary but it's also proving that Cromartie was huge pickup

HUGE statement win against a good team desperate for a win

Revis is still hurt which is a little scary but it's also proving that Cromartie was huge pickup

HUGE statement win against a good team desperate for a win

Hopefully Revis will be at his best next week. And yeah the Cromartie pickup has worked out very well.

Next Sunday starting at 1:00 PM:

New York Giants (3-2) vs. Detroit Lions (1-4)
    New York Jets (4-1) vs. Denver Broncos (2-3)

Any predictions?

Both NY teams SHOULD win but the Broncos are the luckiest team in the NFL and the Lions are really talented believe it or not.Plus I think Stafford comes back this week.Theyve drafted REALLY well the last two years.Not even mentioning Stafford,Jahvid Best and Suh are working out pretty darn well

Anybody else have cablevision here? No NLCS last night and no Giants today.

Giants won another game, didn't play really well but got it done. Penalties killed the Lions, especially in the red zone.

As for the Jets: They are playing sloppy and have allowed big plays. They haven't allowed anything from LT and Mark Sanchez has been playing horrible football. He has thrown two interceptions but a couple more could have easily been picked off. A fumble by Santonio Holmes after a great drive killed them in the third quarter. Don't know what to say about Darrelle Revis. He has been burned for a TD and allowed two short catches. He did cover well on those plays, just good execution by Denver. He had one amazing pass deflection, a HUGE hit on Eddie Royal and a fumble recovery.

Down 17-10, come on now Jets.
    Last edited by NY-Knicks; 10-17-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Jets pull off the win, 24-20. It was close in the end. The holding (facemask) call against Denver did it for the Jets. LT had 2 TD's.

New York Jets (5-1)

Week 7 Opponent: - Bye Week

AFC East
    1) New York Jets 5-1
    2) New England Patriots 4-1
    3) Miami Dolphins 3-2
    4) Buffalo Bills 0-5

New York Giants

Week 7 Opponent: At Dallas Cowboys (Monday Night Football)

NFC East
    1) New York Giants 4-2
    2) Philadelphia Eagles 4-2
    3) Washington Redskins 3-2
    4) Dallas Cowboys 1-4