Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default J.R. Smith decline option

He would be great to backup Kobe if we can get him. Could become a very good defender under the influence of Mike Brown and Kobe.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: J.R. Smith decline option

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
He would be great to backup Kobe if we can get him. Could become a very good defender under the influence of Mike Brown and Kobe.
Maybe a good pickup as long as his girlfriend and family are not allowed to come to games. All they did was brawl with fans in China.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Would not mind JR at all
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Maybe a good pickup as long as his girlfriend and family are not allowed to come to games. All they did was brawl with fans in China.

Oh boy...kung fu? lol

I would love J.R. Smith off the bench. I'd pay him the mini midlevel right now and be completely happy with that off-season if nothing else happened.

The worst thing on this team was the bench. J.R. Smith will make the bench significantly better, and he can take over games. I'd sign this guy to a long term deal too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Oh boy...kung fu? lol

I would love J.R. Smith off the bench. I'd pay him the mini midlevel right now and be completely happy with that off-season if nothing else happened.

The worst thing on this team was the bench. J.R. Smith will make the bench significantly better, and he can take over games. I'd sign this guy to a long term deal too.

Long term deal????? Whoa dude........this guy has serious character issues that have yet to peak, are you aware of all the trouble his tattoo freaks girlfriend and sister caused? I take it as a reflection of him.
I would sign him but would need to evaluate his effect on the team before anything else.
( And I'm a guy who wanted Metta and Barnes years before we got them.)
Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

JR is opting out because he wants more money and security. Not because he wants to take the vets min to come off the bench. Somebody will use the full MLE on him. there's always some idiot in a front office somewhere that thinks they can change a tigers stripes
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
DKLaker

The Inked up girlfriend

The Sister

The sister showing off her choke move

Welcome to the family???????
Old 06-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Long term deal????? Whoa dude........this guy has serious character issues that have yet to peak, are you aware of all the trouble his tattoo freaks girlfriend and sister caused? I take it as a reflection of him.
I would sign him but would need to evaluate his effect on the team before anything else.
( And I'm a guy who wanted Metta and Barnes years before we got them.)

I know about the issues, but question, has that ever stopped him from having a good NBA season?

He seems to be putting up big scoring numbers everywhere he goes.

His girl is ugly...
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
DKLaker

Quote:
I know about the issues, but question, has that ever stopped him from having a good NBA season?

He seems to be putting up big scoring numbers everywhere he goes.

His girl is ugly...

Haha.....I remember you bashing Matt Barnes when the Lakers were pursuing him.....I don't remember how you were with MWP but I don't think you wanted him either for chemistry reasons.
I'm saying that we already have a terrible coach that the players don't respect from a coaching standpoint, and now you add the most volatile player possible to the mix, you add his girlfriend and sister to cause incidents in the stands at Staples Center, throwing blows with Jack??? Have them around the Lakers wives.....chemistry H-Bomb.
Sign him........fine, but long term......that is a Turrible idea. It's smarter to see how things work out over 1 to 2 years....not get stuck.
The girlfriend scares me, I wouldn't do her if she paid me big bucks

Last edited by DKLaker : 06-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Haha.....I remember you bashing Matt Barnes when the Lakers were pursuing him.....I don't remember how you were with MWP but I don't think you wanted him either for chemistry reasons.
I'm saying that we already have a terrible coach that the players don't respect from a coaching standpoint, and now you add the most volatile player possible to the mix, you add his girlfriend and sister to cause incidents in the stands at Staples Center, throwing blows with Jack??? Have them around the Lakers wives.....chemistry H-Bomb.
Sign him........fine, but long term......that is a Turrible idea. It's smarter to see how things work out over 1 to 2 years....not get stuck.
The girlfriend scares me, I wouldn't do her if she paid me big bucks

Yeah I wasn't too sold on Barnes as a player, but when he came, I was happy because I felt he brought more to the lakers than someone like Raja Bell, who was the first option to pursue at that time.

With Ron Artest, I mentioned he was my favorite player. I model my game after his. I just felt that Ariza's "roaming defense" and his pressure on the other team's offense was special, irreplaceable, unique, and was the reason we won the championship so easily against the magic.

But when we beat the celtics, it was hard to not want Ron after he single handedly kept us in throughout the game.

When I was thinking signing J.R., my idea of long term was 3 years. Is that too long?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't too sold on Barnes as a player, but when he came, I was happy because I felt he brought more to the lakers than someone like Raja Bell, who was the first option to pursue at that time.

With Ron Artest, I mentioned he was my favorite player. I model my game after his. I just felt that Ariza's "roaming defense" and his pressure on the other team's offense was special, irreplaceable, unique, and was the reason we won the championship so easily against the magic.

But when we beat the celtics, it was hard to not want Ron after he single handedly kept us in throughout the game.

When I was thinking signing J.R., my idea of long term was 3 years. Is that too long?

I won't repeat what Barnes was called by you and a few others......but it wasn't about him as a player.........but that was the past

Yeah, 3 years is too long for this guy because of the issues.
He is a Malice at the Palace waiting to happen....it would be good to have as much flexibility as possible in case something goes down.
It could be something as simple as his girls fighting with Vanessa to blow this thing up.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I won't repeat what Barnes was called by you and a few others......but it wasn't about him as a player.........but that was the past

Yeah, 3 years is too long for this guy because of the issues.
He is a Malice at the Palace waiting to happen....it would be good to have as much flexibility as possible in case something goes down.
It could be something as simple as his girls fighting with Vanessa to blow this thing up.

If the word had to do with "thug" or "hood" then I think I remember exactly what you're talking about lol.

J.R. just seems to be the only guy to me, that has the potential to win the 6th man award, that comes cheaper than the rest. Kobe said it before saying that JR reminds him of himself. He's the most ridiculous shooter.

I don't like his attitude believe me. Like you mentioned though, people were so anti artest and anti barnes. When they came over here, they quickly became fan favorites. We actually discovered as well that some guys like Ariza were to worry about when they seemingly displayed anger issues on the court with other players.

All this collaborating is pretty much agreement anyways. I don't even think the lakers have J.R. in their mind to be honest. Jim is too shallow for that sort of thing.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
If the word had to do with "thug" or "hood" then I think I remember exactly what you're talking about lol.

J.R. just seems to be the only guy to me, that has the potential to win the 6th man award, that comes cheaper than the rest. Kobe said it before saying that JR reminds him of himself. He's the most ridiculous shooter.

I don't like his attitude believe me. Like you mentioned though, people were so anti artest and anti barnes. When they came over here, they quickly became fan favorites. We actually discovered as well that some guys like Ariza were to worry about when they seemingly displayed anger issues on the court with other players.

All this collaborating is pretty much agreement anyways. I don't even think the lakers have J.R. in their mind to be honest. Jim is too shallow for that sort of thing.

Yeah, those were the words, I didn't want to re-hash negative stuff.
The difference is that both Metta and Barnes had passed through their craziest period and learned from it.....J.R has not, and that is dangerous.

There is an enormous difference in Phil Jackson bringing in a crazy player and Mike Brown trying to figure out how to handle one.

Yes, I like his talent very much and love the expected price.....but the term needs to be safe.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: