Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Meyers Leonard will be an elite bigman in the NBA

I feel like Leonard is one of those guys that will get unfairly slammed (by people that would post here on ISH) if he doesn't really pan out. He could end up being a really good player, or he could end up being Todd Fuller. You have to be aware that it could go either way or end up in the middle.

I think there's an equal amount of risk to the reward he could bring to whatever teams picks him. I think he's the 2nd best center in this draft based on what he's shown behind Zeller, with Drummond 3rd. He probably stays in 2nd if we're going on potential with Drummond and Zeller switching places. As a big, you can justify he being taken around the top 10. I just think people will come back and slam the pick if he doesn't pan out, but right now, he looks like a good lottery pick, IMO. He could be elite one day, but he should be at least solid.

dey pickin drummie b4 leonard I bet.

-Smak

Not airballing my layups anymore

i have seen him many times. He is a good ft shooter and can score over the small guys in college but how mobile is he for the NBA?

He sometimes never got his touches or demanded the ball as much as the guards would shoot and shoot and shoot lol. And a zone kept him from getting the ball too.

but u can't teach size!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Don't mean to open a can of worms, but apparently an NBA exec said "if Leonard were black he'd be the #2 pick."

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Don't mean to open a can of worms, but apparently an NBA exec said "if Leonard were black he'd be the #2 pick."
    Most people know there is a stigma towards white players being soft recently....for some reason.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    dey pickin drummie b4 leonard I bet.

-Smak
    really? wow, what a revelation!

I am hoping the pistons pick him at 9. perhaps a reach, but I dont think any other big outside of robinson, davis and drummond have the same potential play. Zeller is going to be a better contributor next year, but long term, leonard is the better prospect. cant wait till draft day!

next jordan hill

hope cleveland ends up with that golden state pick...

beal/leonard
    MKG/leonard

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound

I am hoping the pistons pick him at 9. perhaps a reach, but I dont think any other big outside of robinson, davis and drummond have the same potential play. Zeller is going to be a better contributor next year, but long term, leonard is the better prospect. cant wait till draft day!

lol well he said Leonard is the 2nd best behind Zeller. I was saying I think he's more like the 2nd best behind Drummond.

Although I think he might be THE FIRST BEST out of the 3. People are dumb, period. Everyone wants to say that I am being a homer because I'm an Illini fan. I shit on McCamey; I knew that dude wasn't going anywhere, but the growth that Leonard showed proves he is committed. Dude's time in the gym must be crazy to have that level of strength and low body fat. He's not only in the gym, though, he's also working on his game.

I was reading somewhere where a guy on bleacher report was like LEONARD HAS NO SKILL. It's like wut?? I dunno. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. Gotta respect him for blowing people away from game 1 this year until the combine. He went from lolno to lotto to maybe top 10.

-Smak

lol well he said Leonard is the 2nd best behind Zeller. I was saying I think he's more like the 2nd best behind Drummond.
    No, I didn't. Go back and read what I actually wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound

Given the relative parity of potential and risk outside of the top 3 or so, I don't think Leonard would be a reach at all for the Pistons at #9. Especially when you look at their roster, it's definitely not a reach. He could play behind Monroe for a couple of years, but I see that being a very unique "Twin Tower" duo in the future. I think if Drummond is off the board, the Pistons actually should draft Leonard at #9. If they didn't have Gordon (or could move him), I would probably throw Waiters/Lamb/Rivers into that mix with Leonard. Maybe Terrence Jones?

I agree Detroit wouldn't be reaching. He could go 6-16. This is going to be an awesome draft in terms of unpredictability

Saw a basketball once

He'll be better than Zeller and Drummond. I think that any of the teams picking 9-12 could draft him. I don't think he falls past MIL at 12 now that Bogut is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    No, I didn't. Go back and read what I actually wrote.
    heh, I like to read what people write before I respond to their posts. Maybe you confused yourself and said something you didn't mean to say.

-Smak

heh, I like to read what people write before I respond to their posts. Maybe you confused yourself and said something you didn't mean to say.

-Smak
    If you had read what I wrote, you would know that I did not say Meyers Leonard was 2nd best behind Tyler Zeller.

I ranked each of them by two different sets of criteria. I never ranked them based on who is flatly "best." I ranked them based on potential and what they've shown in college. It should go without saying that determining what player is "best" to pick combines the two things. Not just one or the other.

I said Meyers Leonard was 2nd under both criteria, ranking behind both Zeller and Drummond, respectively.