Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102 ... LastLast

Thread: OJ Mayo Fans

Default Re: OJ Mayo Fans: The Official OJ Mayo Thread

Worst poster ever after the breaking MJ's career scoring average, or Kobe's 81. Oj Mayo simply isnt as good as you think now, and he won't be as good as you envision later. You are only embarrassing yourself, and that's not me talking **** to you. I am saying that only for you to step back and look at what your hyping OJ Mayo as only 20+ games into his career. This dude isn't MJ or even Kobe and he plays for a terrible franchise for atleast his first 3 years. He has so much to do before he can even be compared to the guys coming out of your mouth.

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Dont be hating that Nash is washed up

Also YOU GET THE F##CK OUTTA HER NOBODY TOLD YOU TO CLICK ON THIS THREAD

ADMIT IT YOU READ WHAT I WRITE, THEN LAUGH SO HARD YOU FLATULATE INSIDE YOUR TIGHTY WHITES OR IN YOUR CASE TINY WEENIES (NO HOMO)

THEN HAVE TO NERVE TO SAY GTF OUT GET A LIFE OWN YOUR DIC PLEAZE

ps Jeff is going to banned me after that statement

and its because i get provoked
    I aint hating that Nash is washed up, I cant like a player after he's old?

You can like a player but not to the extent where you claim he is already better than Kobe or how Kobe and MJ's records are in jeopardy, OJ Mayo will be a bright star in the future but right now there are still many people that are better.

You also said you were a man of your words when Lakers lost to Pacers and you had to leave ISH for 1 month, then you came back saying you will only be back for 2 days, well since you're a man of your words, your 2 days are up so see you in January

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    nope nope nope c this is why im here to educate ISH on OJ Mayo

first off all he had no father figure in his life ( what a surprise) his daddy was locked up.

His mother was a teenage mother Alisha Mayo ( notice how Mayo is his mom's maiden name) i think she was 16 dont quote me on that

and then his Godfather Dwaine Barnes took Mayo under his wings made him workout and practice 24/7 short of you mayo a little took much took advantage of him IMO

So mayo grew up not trusting anybody, which lead him to trouble at an early age where ppl said he was a "thug"

Then the USC figure who was giving Mayo money work like BCA management something like that, then snitched on Mayo like he planned it all along like he was going to get money. He put Mayo in a trap.

So all his life ppl around mayo just saw him as a get rick quick type of "object" IMO again
    It is OJ Mayo's fault that he did bad things in his childhood. He made the wrong choice by himself he knew all those things were bad but he did it anyway? OJ Mayo is thug, he did many bad things as a child and caused anguish to other people. Also, OJ Mayo accept money from his agent, how the hell could of he been put into a trap of getting money for playing basketball? It was his choice and he doesn't play because he loves it but also because he loves money. Also, Oj mayo will never become anything special with relying on fadeaway three points. He will become very unconsistend and nothing like MJ or Kobe at all. Get off OJ Mayo's nuts and realize that not everything he does is amazing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    Man you are such a homer it is funny.

Look who's talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather

its funny how the ppl who say it sucks read what i have to say EVERYDAY, Godfather Nash or anybody else if you have nothing good to say or some bad to say and dont have facts or stats to back it up dont say shyt

dayum im tired of ppl reading this thread lol ing (for many different reasons) then talking shyt just so they can be REPPED

if you have nothing good to say just rad the dayum thing and GTFOut
    dont post a retarted none basketball related/oj mayo relating thing so you can be REPPED

I give everybody here my fullest respect, including you Godfather, all I ask is i get respect back, and posting dumb shyt in this masterpiece thread that will go down as ISH top 5 Threads ever is disrespectful

BREAKING NEWS ISH

OJ Mayo has justed passed ROY in NBA rookie rankings for ROY

i still cant believe it took 24 games to get it into the "experts" thick head that Mayo is better than Rose. I even saw on the insidehoops homepage that Jeff announced Mayo as Player of the Day. I mean the only thing Rose had going for him was he is a better passer, HIS teams wins ( OJ shut that down), and he was so much more efficient nope not any more

Mayo 18.23 in efficiency leads all rookies and is rising on an everygame basis

Congrats to Mayo for his #1 Rookie Ranking still lol ing that it took 24 games for you ppl to realise that tho

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings

Congrats on Mayo being number 1 for a short time. Rose's stats are still better right now and Mayo did absolutely nothing to the Bulls last friday. Going 5-14, with just 3 asts, 2 rebs, with 2 turnovers is a bad performance, while Rose had 12 points, 11 assists, and 4 rebounds while shooting slightly better at 6-14. Just because Mayo is the number 1 right now means nothing as to where he will be at the end of the season.

You just have to accept that Rose will win the award regardless of what David Thorpe has to say.

And don't say Rose gets more attention because his team wins.. they are 11-12 dude and haven't won 3 games in a row all season. Memphis is 9-15 and have won 4 straight, so their records differ by 2 wins basically.

OJ is such a great scorer but yet he only averages a point and a half more than Rose????? Rose isn't even a "scorer" i thought? Mayo has taken 47 more shots, so there's your 1 1/2 point differential.

Mayo averages 4.2 rpg to Rose's 3.9 and Mayo averages 2.7 apg to Rose's 6.3.

Mayo shoots 46 % from the field to Derrick's 49%.

You seem to let David Thorpes rookie rankings control your thought process. I know in the Bulls forum you have told us you thought Rose was better but Mayo was right behind him. Well I guess I'll just have to wait for Rose to reclaim the rookie ranking to talk ****.

No I'll just wait til he wins ROY.

I didn't use to have a problem with you, but now I see why everyone hates you/on you.

Derrick Rose = Rookie of the Year. It's a guarantee. Wait, watch, cry.

i think mayo & rose will share the award like hill/kidd

When Marion gets traded, watch out for beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Congrats on Mayo being number 1 for a short time. Rose's stats are still better right now and Mayo did absolutely nothing to the Bulls last friday. Going 5-14, with just 3 asts, 2 rebs, with 2 turnovers is a bad performance, while Rose had 12 points, 11 assists, and 4 rebounds while shooting slightly better at 6-14. Just because Mayo is the number 1 right now means nothing as to where he will be at the end of the season.

You just have to accept that Rose will win the award regardless of what David Thorpe has to say.

And don't say Rose gets more attention because his team wins.. they are 11-12 dude and haven't won 3 games in a row all season. Memphis is 9-15 and have won 4 straight, so their records differ by 2 wins basically.

OJ is such a great scorer but yet he only averages a point and a half more than Rose????? Rose isn't even a "scorer" i thought? Mayo has taken 47 more shots, so there's your 1 1/2 point differential.

Mayo averages 4.2 rpg to Rose's 3.9 and Mayo averages 2.7 apg to Rose's 6.3.

Mayo shoots 46 % from the field to Derrick's 49%.

You seem to let David Thorpes rookie rankings control your thought process. I know in the Bulls forum you have told us you thought Rose was better but Mayo was right behind him. Well I guess I'll just have to wait for Rose to reclaim the rookie ranking to talk ****.

No I'll just wait til he wins ROY.

I didn't use to have a problem with you, but now I see why everyone hates you/on you.

Derrick Rose = Rookie of the Year. It's a guarantee. Wait, watch, cry.

first off all big ups to all my cats in the Chi-town ( no poser) anyway c thats what your failing to understand my brother, the media and forums try to paint oj as this " BALL HOG" and Rose as this "PASS FIRST" type of playing when in reality thats just not the case

and PER with all its flaws realizes that at least

first of all Mayo is shooting the ball 16.6 fga and Rose is shooting 15.3 fga thats a total of 1.3 shots more a game round that to the next whole number thats only 1 shot a game mayo is taking and he is a SG and rose is a PG

also check this out homie

in the month of december mayo is shooting the ball 13.1 FGA averaging 18.1 ppg, while Rose is shooting the ball 15.0FGA averaging 17.1 pts

check this out think big picture this rate who continue both mayo and rose will average alot more points in their career mayo is averaging 20.8ppg rose 18.2ppg lets round the difference thats 3ppg a game

in an 82 game season that 246pts
    in a 10 year career thats 2,460pts
    in a 15 year career thats 3,690 pts

that could be the difference to getting to 25,000 career points or not

also this month Rose is averaging 7.2 apg and i think he can go into the high 9 low 10 range for his career thats scary
    also Rose all his life ( but memphis ) has been a scoring PG how do i know ive watched him play since he was a sophomore in HS.

so i could c him averaging like 27ppg 10 assists in his prime thats scary

Mayo well i already explained that in the last post.

for the rebounding thing mayo is a slightly better rebounder, but him and rose are identical tho i think that Rose's shoes give him some height because in the pre draft camp he was 6'1.5 and mayo was 6'3.25 barefoot thats almost a 2in difference and thats noticable but in this picture when they are siding upright stand by say mayo looks maybe a fourth of an inch taller if that

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    i think mayo & rose will share the award like hill/kidd
    if the voting was today yes they both would share the award in reality

but 24 games has been played there is still almost 60 games left

one player could get injured etc. etc.

but right now mayo is slowly in front and as fast as rose in on the court i dont think he will catch up because mayo is just getting his feet wet

and like always

8pm

mayo vs hornets memphis got blown out by them last time hopefully it will be a different story

and like always ill have a link to da game

i just finished reading this interview mayo had with yahoo sports and in it he said

BDL: Is playing in the Olympics a dream for you?

Mayo: Oh yeah, most definitely.

BDL: Is playing in the 2012 London Games a goal for you?

Mayo: Yeah, that's one of my goals ... [I have to] go in and work hard until 2012.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,129395

hmm interested is it me or did mayo say that like he knew he was already on the 2012 team. Maybe Coach K informed Mayo that he was going to be on the team already, if so he probably did that with Rose and Beasley

i know its 1.5 years away b4 the rewenal of the 2 year commitment for world championships and olympics but im going to make a prediction on players.
    keep in mind that rose, mayo, beasley have been playing on the USA U-18 Team when they were in HS so they have alot of cohension and they were all on the practice squad also

PG: Derrick Rose
    SG: OJ Mayo
    SF: Kevin Durant
    PF: Lebron James
    C: Dwight Howard

Bench
    PG: Chris Paul ( i think 2 years is enough for Rose to Pass Paul in the public eye he a lock)
    PG:Stephen Curry ( perfect for the international game)
    SG: Devin Harris
    SG:Brandon Roy
    SFanny Granger
    SF:Rudy Gay ( maybe he is tall and can shoot)
    PF: Al Jefferson ( lock)
    PF: LaMarcus Aldrige
    C: Amare Stodamire ( since he was injured last time)

Alternatives:

PG: John Wall
    C: BJ Mullins

key ppl not in
    Melo(fatigue not as hungry), Wade(fatigue not as hungry), Bosh ( fatigue not as hungry) kobe ( fatigue not as hungry)

thats just my opinion

you ppl can FIX anything you want on it

I hear what your saying, but Rose is gonna have a harder time scoring with the way defenses have been adapting to him. He gets so many doubles because of the Bulls lack of go to scorers. At least Mayo has Rudy Gay out there with him, and it was evident how much easier it was for Mayo because the Bulls D had to completely focus on Gay for good stretches of the game last Friday leaving Mayo open all night so he could hit 5-14.

Bottom line when comparing the two....

Just like when Rose and Beasley were compared pre-draft, Beasley is an individually great player, but Rose is a great player who makes his teammates much better than they were without him.

Mayo can shoot great from the outside and rack up big point total scoring games for the Grizz, but until he can really make the game far more easier for his teammates than it would've been without him, he's not as valuable was what Derrick Rose brings to a ball club.

I'm telling you though liloj, Rose will win ROY and it's a fact to me already. OJ Mayo from the Memphis Grizzlies is not winning the award. A tie is possible, but its like a 25% chance right now to 75% Rose winning it alone.

P.S. You said that you've been watching Rose since HS... Well I have to and you called him a scoring guard, and I don't really consider him that. He's more of a whatever the #$*% you need me to do guard. I dont know if you saw it, you probably missed it, but in his Jr. season at Simeon he scored 2 points in the Illinois State Championship and was still the player of the game. I was in the stands and saw it live at the Civic Center in Peoria, IL. And that wasn't the only time in HS he had a game where he didn't score almost at all and completely dominated defenses by breaking them down and dishing starting in the 1st quarter and following all the way through the fourth quarter. Word.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 12-16-2008 at 07:33 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

YO LIL' JUICE!

I'm thinkin OJ Mayo - best rookie scorer of all time?

What you think? Get at me.
    Last edited by picc84; 12-16-2008 at 09:58 PM.