Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Grant Hill played 2 minutes today

What happened to Grant Hill? I just noticed he started but only played 2 minutes today.

Edit - uh oh, just read the news http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...unsonline.html
The Suns lost Grant Hill to a back injury after playing four minutes in the first half. First, Hill left to two quick fouls and then to the back issues after a short second-quarter stint.

Hope it's nothing major.

Last edited by 3stat2 : 01-25-2008 at 09:49 PM.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Grant Hill played 2 minutes today

Just an update guys, Grant should be back in tonight's game vs the Hawks:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns.../0128suns.html

Some key quotes from the article:
Quote:
"I felt really good," Hill said. "It was good to get out. The main thing is the stomach is better. . . . The back feels a whole lot better. I was very encouraged by (Monday). A little rusty, but movement was good, powerful, strong."
Quote:
"I think he's fine and ready to go." D'Antoni said. "We want to take it slower than last time. . . . It might be better if he just eases back in."
D'Antoni said Hill would "get his 20 to 30 minutes" tonight.
I think it's a wise idea to give him very light minutes at first, just to be cautious. Actually, I'd probably give him even less than "20 to 30 minutes". But then again, I'm not the coach and I haven't been watching him first-hand for the last few weeks.

I don't really mind if we have to drop a few games because he's out - as long as he can fully regain his health and doesn't have to rush anything. What I'm interested to see is how Boris plays if/when he starts getting reduced minutes due to Hill's return.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation
Default Re: Grant Hill played 2 minutes today

i think the Suns would be better off to run G. Hill off the bench, provided B. Diaw keeps playing a consistent game, i still would explore trading Diaw but i really dont think the Suns got to many offers on him. if your stuck with him then he better be producing for this to work. i think Hill would also benefit best from coming off the bench at this stage in his career and the style of play the Suns have. they need to keep Hill fresh for the playoffs and not just burn him out before the half way point of the season, Hill is averaging the most minutes played or second most minutes played on the team. I just like the idea of him getting some rest, maybe im just paranoid lol! But fatigue and injuries always seem to get the better of the Suns when it matters most, you know?
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: