Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Arrow Is It Bad For A Player To Come Back At The Start Of The Playoffs Like andrea Might?

we saw this with jo once....

imageine you are the coach of a team with an important player returning from a long injury....

would you play him regular minutes?

i would...

a series is only 7 games long at most, you cant dawdle...

perhaps you could play them very few minutes a few games before the playoffs..

in bargnani's case, i say play him normally right away...

10 chars
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Is It Bad For A Player To Come Back At The Start Of The Playoffs Like andrea Might?

i don't think his injury is one where it will affect him mentally when he returns. he's not going to worry about his injury as much as someone coming back from a busted knee or ankle...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is It Bad For A Player To Come Back At The Start Of The Playoffs Like andrea Might?

Quote:
Is It Bad For A Player To Come Back At The Start Of The Playoffs Like andrea Might?

Any reason why you capitalized every word except for the one that's supposed to be?

As for the topic, he had his appendix removed and when it's healed, it's healed. No need to worry about re-injuring it or anything. When Bargnani is ready to play again, he'll play him his normal minutes.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Any reason why you capitalized every word except for the one that's supposed to be?

an anti-PleezeBelieve gesture.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani isn't fazed by much, so I'm pretty sure as soon as he can play he'll be getting his minutes (maybe fewer than normal initially, unless he's lighting it up).
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
an anti-PleezeBelieve gesture.

I was feeling petty and spiteful.

I feel bad though because I had to spend time thinking of a ****ty title and posting style to make the thread look like birdshít, whereas many people on here do it in much less time than it took me.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is It Bad For A Player To Come Back At The Start Of The Playoffs Like andrea Migh

i agree, if you try to bring him along slowly you're not getting your players into the rotation they are going to need to compete against tougher competition in the next round. so you're either trying to nickle and dime your way out of the first round and put yourself at a disadvantage the rest of the way or your rolling the dice in the first round (say the player is rusty and disrupts chemistry for a game or two) but giving yourself the chemistry you'll need to go all the way. not that i think they're going to the finals this year, but you have to coach like you intend to make it, right?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: