Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Who is the biggest threat to overtake Blake Griffin for #1 overall?

Okay stop kidding ourselves Griffin has established himself as the #1 player for the upcoming draft so I think it is time to talke about his biggest potential challengers. In no particular order

1.)BJ Mullens C Ohio State-So far is very unimpressive but he has the upside.
    2.)Hasheem Thabet C UCONN-Looking good so far.
    3.)Austin Daye SF/PF Gonzaga-probably the biggest mystery. He has the size skills and talent to dominate but doesn't. His potential is through the roof.
    4.)Ricky Rubio PG Overseas-There is always one european prospect that sneaks into the #1 overall talk.
    5.)Greg Monroe C/PF Georgetown-Probably the most impressive freshman other than the undersized Samardo Samuels. Like Mullens has the upside but unlike Mullens he actually looks good out there.
    6.)James Harden SG Arizona State-Anyone who has watched him play knows he is the real deal.
    7.)Demar Derozan SG USC-Another upside freshman
    8.)Samardo Samuels PF/C Louisville-undersized big man is like Zach Randolph can score with the best of them but can't guard my locker.
    9.)Brandan Jennings PG-playing overseas.
    10.)Cole Aldrich C Kansas-has looked good so far.

Default Re: Who is the biggest threat to overtake Blake Griffin for #1 overall?

Greg Monroe will overtake him. Greg will measure out to atleast 6'10", is already a better passer, shotblocker, and at the least is equal in the rebounding department. Greg's offensive skills are a good 3 years ahead of Blake's and after a year of playing in Georgetown's modified Princeton the gap will be even wider.

Greg will rise because he will be playing in The Big East, which is the best conference in the nation, and can compete with many Pro leagues when it comes to talent.

Saw a basketball once

I am not so sure that Monroe will be able to overtake him Griffin but man Monroe is impressive. I think anyteam would be happy to get Monroe. I know Griffin is a lock to be a 20-10 all-star power forward and I love his game to but Monroe is poised and smart and has the upside I know this is going way out on a limb but Blake Griffin could be the next Karl Malone but Greg Monroe has a lot of Tim Duncan qualities so............

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82
    I am not so sure that Monroe will be able to overtake him Griffin but man Monroe is impressive. I think anyteam would be happy to get Monroe. I know Griffin is a lock to be a 20-10 all-star power forward and I love his game to but Monroe is poised and smart and has the upside I know this is going way out on a limb but Blake Griffin could be the next Karl Malone but Greg Monroe has a lot of Tim Duncan qualities so............
    Why don't you post more? 11 posts in almost 2 years. College/nba draft forums need some life.

National High School Star

Me.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82
    Okay stop kidding ourselves Griffin has established himself as the #1 player for the upcoming draft so I think it is time to talke about his biggest potential challengers. In no particular order

1.)BJ Mullens C Ohio State-So far is very unimpressive but he has the upside.
    2.)Hasheem Thabet C UCONN-Looking good so far.
    3.)Austin Daye SF/PF Gonzaga-probably the biggest mystery. He has the size skills and talent to dominate but doesn't. His potential is through the roof.
    4.)Ricky Rubio PG Overseas-There is always one european prospect that sneaks into the #1 overall talk.
    5.)Greg Monroe C/PF Georgetown-Probably the most impressive freshman other than the undersized Samardo Samuels. Like Mullens has the upside but unlike Mullens he actually looks good out there.
    6.)James Harden SG Arizona State-Anyone who has watched him play knows he is the real deal.
    7.)Demar Derozan SG USC-Another upside freshman
    8.)Samardo Samuels PF/C Louisville-undersized big man is like Zach Randolph can score with the best of them but can't guard my locker.
    9.)Brandan Jennings PG-playing overseas.
    10.)Cole Aldrich C Kansas-has looked good so far.

why do we repeat the same damnn thing each year college numbers dont mean shyt in the nba ask michael beasley and the heat for taking him over mayo

its about talent NBA ready game

like next year Jennings is going to be Rookie of the Year so he should be the first pick best talent nba ready so pick him he going to have the best career dont get caught up with college numbers ppl

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Nobody. He is a lock as far as I am concerned. I love his numbers. I love his game. I love his size. Some say he is slow but he moves more than fine to me.

Saw a basketball once

I don't want to make this an Orange Juice Cheeseburger Hold The Mayo thread but why would the heat regret taking Beasley over Mayo. Last I checked all Mayo was doing was scoring a lot of points on one of the worst teams in the league. If anything The Grizzlies stink because they weren't able to move up and get Beasley who would have fit a need at Power Forward and allowed them to keep Mike Miller. Now I love Mayo's defense and he can score with the best of them but to argue they should have taken him over Beasley is kinda out there. Back to Blake Griffin if he would have been in the draft he might have actually went #2 to Miami

At this point, no one. He has loads of potential and is averaging a near 20/20 and 3 steals.

His athletism is amazing.. he kind of reminds me of a Boozer, but with more length..

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

blake is gonna face off against demar derozan tonight at espn :) I'm expecting a 20/20 game from blake griffin

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

y dont anyone think tyler hansbrough is a top 10 pick? i mean i dont watch ncaa much, but from wut i see he is a star.

James Harden if anyone, but I think Blake's got it locked up.

Good High School Starter

It all depends on who is drafting. If they need a point, I think Rubio or Jennings could be good enough to be seriously looked at with the first pick. Besides those guys, I think Thabeet has got huge upside and teams love size.

Harden is a good player and will probably go high, but there are a million good SG. I actually think that is the thing that may hurt Griffin because you can find talented forwards all over the world, but a talented 7-3 C or a talented PG hard much harder to find.

Saw a basketball once

What you are talking about Month H is really more of a height issue than it is a talent or even position issue. If Blake measure's 6'9 without shoes then he will be listed at 6'10 and now all of a sudden he goes from being a protoype Power Forward to being a 6'10 Forward/Center (Examples Emeka Okafor, Amare). The pre-draft measurements can be cruicial.

Good High School Starter

That is why I said teams love size. Of course there are way more talented 6-4 SG than there are 6-3 PG, and way more talented 6-9 PF than 7-1 C. The best player on almost every college basketball team is 6-2 to 6-9, and those that play point are more likely to be high scorers. It is harder to find a Rubio, Jennings, or Thabeet than it is Harden, Griffin, Aminu, DeRozan, Monroe, Budinger, James, Clark, Morgan, Smith, and dozens of others.