Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official offseason thread

It's kinda hard to think Grizzlies with the PO's going on, but it seems all of you guys are severely underrating our team.

We had 3, count em 3, freakin rookies in our starting lineup. We had 1/2 of Mike Conley's season wasted by Iavaroni, and we don't have a bench backcourt.

I would really like some glue guys on the team. Problem is, our two best players, Mayo and Gay, play the best position to stick a glue guy in.

The grizz are holding a three day mini camp to try out free agents. Among them is ex-grizzly player Michael Dickerson. Here is an article about the situation.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...years-after-i/

I am Chris Wilcox

There's also a video up on the Grizzlies official site about the free agent mini camp, it's only about 1 and half mins or something.

Would love to have him back. He's a good guy and a good player. He'd do wonders off the bench as the only primary backup guard. (Let OJ play point when Conley goes to the bench) Plus, he shoots the three really good, one thing we really lack.

Yeah but he is 34 and his exp does not match his age.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Yeah but he is 34 and his exp does not match his age.
    True, but the same can be said about GH (albeit its a reach as high as the moon). I always believed that ones prime is from 29-32, where the body height meets with the bb iq's height. Dickerson's body is literally quite young if it had 6 years of rest.

It seems the whole setback made his resolve stronger and made him mentally tough. A normal person would've just thrown the towel.

Hope he does well in camp and if he does, we pick him up

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

I think the griz should buy out Jaric, Mihm, Wilks, and Buckner's contracts and to out and get a mixture of young talent and veteran players to help the young players develop. That way, while we are improving our bench, we get veteran leadership to help players like Conley, O.J., and Rudy improve their game as a team than having a 1 on 1 offense like O.J. and Rudy, and Conley sometimes does.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    I think the griz should buy out Jaric, Mihm, Wilks, and Buckner's contracts and to out and get a mixture of young talent and veteran players to help the young players develop. That way, while we are improving our bench, we get veteran leadership to help players like Conley, O.J., and Rudy improve their game as a team than having a 1 on 1 offense like O.J. and Rudy, and Conley sometimes does.
    I agree with most of this but I need to update you on some stuff. Mihm and wilks are no longer under contract. So we dont have to buy them out. I agree with buying out the rest. But jaric would take a big buy out. And buckner has a player option so I am not sure how that works.

I think that dickerson would be ok. I mean he cant be any worse that ross or buckner.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

No use in waisting our money on a player like Dickerson who's been out of the league for years now. We need an experience player that who's been through it all. (playoffs & etc.) We need a whole new bench especially if Hak isn't resigned and Darko decides he wants to leave. Some names that will help us tremendously include:

ZaZa Pachulia-Tough big man who has playoff experience and is a great rebounder.

Wally Szczerbiak-We really need a three point shooter and we could possibly get him for cheap. We're a young team but we need some veteran players like Wally.

Brandon Bass-High energy big man. Would make a good replacement for Hak if he isn't resigned.

Linas Kleiza-The guy can score quickly in bunches and we need a scorer off the bench when Rudy and OJ are out of the game.

Jarret Jack-Jack was one of league's most improved players and took over the starting pg spot from TJ Ford. Adding another potential starter would only make Conley work even harder at improving his game.

Steve Novak-Lights out shooter

Trevor Ariza-Another high energy player who would be a nice asset off of the bench backing Rudy.

Charlie V-I think he'd seek a large contract but we really need a front court scorer but he doesn't really put us over the hump. Not a big fan of his but he could be solid coming off the bench.

Kareem Rush-Another lights out shooter

Matt Barnes-Pretty much the same as Ariza but will probably be cheaper.

Channing Frye-He went from a starter in NY to a benchwarmer in Portland. I think with consistent minutes he could be the same player he was while with the Knicks.

Anthony Parker-AP showed his versatility when Calderon went down and he had to play the point guard for a couple of games. He filled the stat sheet up. His leadership and experience would a great addition.

Morris Almond-I really think this guy just needs a chance. I've seen this on several occasions where I player never really was given a chance and then went to another team and succeeded. He's a good shooter.

To mississippi I actually wanted rush this past season. I like klieza as well as ariza and frye.

I just read that josh howard is going to be on the trading block. I would rather have him and moyo playing together than rudy gay and mayo. Anyone feel the same or have thoughts on the possibility of trading for josh howard.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

I recently read that the front office didn't like the effect that Darius Miles was having on Mayo with his off the court lifestyle so I doubt they would trade for a guy who has a history of staying in trouble as well and plus he's 29 and often injured. No thanks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I like Bass and/or Barnes coming to this team.

Moving Gay for someone who can allow Mayo to open his game up more is an awesome idea too.

And I wish we could get either Rubio or Griffin in this draft. A guy can dream....

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Unless Rudy starts to develop a lesser role and the Griz go out and build a strong bench and a physical PF, the griz will always be where they are right now. So moving Rudy is something I don't want to see happen, but you got to do what you have to do.

Wow I didnt know that howard had just turned 29. I thought he was like 26. I forgot that he came in the league all those years ago and he was a senior.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    I like Bass and/or Barnes coming to this team.

Moving Gay for someone who can allow Mayo to open his game up more is an awesome idea too.

And I wish we could get either Rubio or Griffin in this draft. A guy can dream....
    Once again when the hell did you become a Grizzlies fan?

Overnight bandwagoner.