Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC or Consoles

Good college starter

Default PC or Consoles

Who here actually thinks these "next-gen" consoles , namely the Xbone and PS4, are better than a gaming PC with carefully selected hardware and why?

I'm excluding Nintendo consoles from the discussion since they don't market it as a high-end graphics machine that can perform better than a PC, and are mainly about the gameplay.

Default Re: PC or Consoles

Lol they're not even close to being as powerful as a moderately high end PC that's a couple years old. Most specs and tests I've read puts the PS4 at a mid level i5 from 1-2 generations ago matched with a 580. That's pretty sad and you can see it in the side by side comparisons.

Consoles are just more convienent, but other than than I love PC's for gaming even though I don't game anymore. Especially first person shooters. If you know how to setup a good mousepad and mouse with your system you can get surgical accuracy on FSPs.

but does it really matter anymore.........all games look the same to me, in 90 % of games you walk around shooting stuff.......so grafix are 20 % better on ps4 then ps3..big whoop.....maybe i am getting too old,

   

meh, i try to be low-maintenance wherever possible. i'd rather just wait a year or two and play the games via emulator for free on my laptop.

i have wireless speaker, keyboard and mice, plus a couple of nice gamepads and stretch cables for PC. plus a projector that makes a sharp 14-foot image on the wall. so i see little benefit to owning a console, but a lot of extra expense and hassle. i did own an NES and a saturn when i was young, though, so who am i to judge.

TBH i would indeed love to play the xbox version of spelunky, though, since it got completely updated and expanded from the classic PC version. :/

Generally I stick with PC gaming, but use consoles for sports and racing games. I have a decent amount of expendable income, so I keep my rig at a level to be able to play new games, however if I was more financially constrained I would be a console only gamer (and would be fine with it).

PC no doubt. And the fact that i had to buy an xbox for gtaV really pissed me off. Its ridicolous to play FPS/3rd person shooter on a gamepad, so they had to incorporate an auto aim system which is taking away all the fun from the game.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    Pretty much. I don't know why console users can't accept that they're gaming on an inferior machine.

Console is for casual gamers, living room gaming.

PC gaming>>>

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    This.

The 1,5 year old 1,4k $ notebook I am currently working on is better and more powerful than those "next gens". I don't even need to talk about an actual desktop that just shits all over it.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It's good to have both. But if I can only go one way, PC gaming all the way.

This f orum sucks dick

I prefer console gaming over PC gaming. Sure PC's give better graphics, and you can even download games easily for free but, it just doesn't feel right to me. The only game I play on the PC is League of Legends. I tried to play Skyrim, Oblivion, and even my all time favorite game Morrowind on the PC but I just couldn't get into it. I couldn't even get into any emulators although I did play Ocarina of time on project64 emulator. It just doesn't give me the same warm and comfortable feeling I used to get when I played on consoles. I don't even have a 360 or PS3, my last console was a ps2 which I got in like 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    I prefer console gaming over PC gaming. Sure PC's give better graphics, and you can even download games easily for free but, it just doesn't feel right to me. The only game I play on the PC is League of Legends. I tried to play Skyrim, Oblivion, and even my all time favorite game Morrowind on the PC but I just couldn't get into it. I couldn't even get into any emulators although I did play Ocarina of time on project64 emulator. It just doesn't give me the same warm and comfortable feeling I used to get when I played on consoles. I don't even have a 360 or PS3, my last console was a ps2 which I got in like 2003.
    still battling my addiction

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    You can always connect your PC to the TV and use a joystick.