Local High School Star LongBeachLakers's Avatar

Default Financially supporting your girlfriend?

What's teh "OKAY" amount to spend on your girl if your girlfriend claims that she has money problems this month. Have you ever given money to your girl, paid her cellphone bills, gas bills, rent or any of that? I want to help my girl out but I don't want her to feel like I'm there if she needs money.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Financially supporting your girlfriend?

Lol your not married. Don't give her any of your money.

Local High School Star LongBeachLakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Lol your not married. Don't give her any of your money.
    thats what i was thinking. my girlfriend texted me saying she didn't have enough to pay her cell phone bill next month and she might have to disconnect, but i wasn't buying it. I thought it was bullshit, but at the same time it got me thinking, if she really did needed money, how much should i help out? I've been with her for a while so should i help her out a bit without feeling like im being used?

Im pretty lax with my cash and might go as high as $200, but you are a schmo if you give her anything more then $100 with the knowledge its a loan and not a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
    What's teh "OKAY" amount to spend on your girl if your girlfriend claims that she has money problems this month. Have you ever given money to your girl, paid her cellphone bills, gas bills, rent or any of that? I want to help my girl out but I don't want her to feel like I'm there if she needs money.
    Hey, what ever happened with that Milf you got involved with?

College star

It's a cell phone bill. I am not sure how much cell bills are in the states but I would give her 50 bucks and say it is her fault if she "needs" to text or go on the web a bunch. If it were for rent and I knew they weren't wasting there money I would help (if we were together for a while) but not for a goddamn phone that is not needed at all (in most cases, she may need it for work or w/e.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
    just tell him your a cheap poor b1tch so dont even think about asking

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

How long you two been together? That has a pretty big bearing on things I'd say.

shit I have had live ins that lived off me...

if she is taking care of you, like a house wife should...then whatever, give her what she needs to make you happy...it is an investment in yourself

if you aren't living with her...then that is another story...can't be paying HER RENT...you know?

I dunno I pay for a bunch of shit for my girlfriend, but I make a lot of money and she doesn't....like she'll buy me things here and there to show me some attention but usually we'll go out I'll cover the restaurant, cover the bar tab...I've paid for a new phone when she lost her old one that was cheap on a contract....

Imo, it also depends how much money you make and what the financial gap is like, if something costs say like 10% of her monthly income but like 1% of yours, then I don't think its a "sucker" move to pay for her once in a while...

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    I dunno I pay for a bunch of shit for my girlfriend, but I make a lot of money and she doesn't....like she'll buy me things here and there to show me some attention but usually we'll go out I'll cover the restaurant, cover the bar tab...I've paid for a new phone when she lost her old one that was cheap on a contract....

Imo, it also depends how much money you make and what the financial gap is like, if something costs say like 10% of her monthly income but like 1% of yours, then I don't think its a "sucker" move to pay for her once in a while...
    Exactly. If this is your situation, then its not really a big deal. Also, how long have you been with her? I pay for my gfs' phone bill every now and then. Sometimes (rarely) I even give her gas money, food money and some occasional spending money. But I don't think I would call myself a 'sucker'....

Banned

its a cell phone bill, can't possibly cost more than 1 somewhat nice dinner

if she has to pay over 100 for just herself then tell her shes crazy