Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dwight Howard massive growth spurt ( went from 5'8" to 6'3" to 6'9" in one year)

Dwight Howard played the PG position in Middle High school.

[quote]It

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Dwight Howard massive growth spurt ( went from 5'8" to 6'3" to 6'9" in one year)

Wow. Thats incredible. I didn't know about this.

Default Re: Dwight Howard massive growth spurt ( went from 5'8" to 6'3" to 6'9" in one year)

Nice did not kno, repped

I remember when I was 15, I was desperately hoping for something like that to happen to me, since something similar happened to Dennis Rodman. Of course, I ended up breaking my leg, and and after the operation, my broken leg came out slightly shorter than the good one. I was 19, and then I stopped playing basketball for like 7 years, because of the leg.

that explains his freakish skinny waist for his height

he must had pants that kept falling down cuz he had no waist to hold them.

Good High School Starter

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Didn't Rodman supposedly grow from like 5'8, to 6'9 from 18-20 years old?

5-time NBA All-Star

I always thought his handle would be better because of his once being a pointguard - I didn't know the spurt was like that, tho. He doesn't have much of a pointguard mentality in any way.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

lol i don't believe he grew that much in a year, he was probably 6'1" knowing dwight though, just wants to add to his superman image

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I always thought his handle would be better because of his once being a pointguard - I didn't know the spurt was like that, tho. He doesn't have much of a pointguard mentality in any way.
    Yea. I believe Hakeems because he had the moves/handle at the C. Rodman also showed some flashes of perimeter play.

I have a feeling Dwight has relied heavy on his athletiscm throughout his entire life, maybe im going out on a limb though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    Yea. I believe Hakeems because he had the moves/handle at the C. Rodman also showed some flashes of perimeter play.

I have a feeling Dwight has relied heavy on his athletiscm throughout his entire life, maybe im going out on a limb though
    I agree with you. It showed in his game he was very unpolished he's starting to get a lot better though. Now he just needs to learn how to pass out of the post, specifically double teams and he will be UNSTOPPABLE

NBA lottery pick

Why he lying? If not, he must have sucked as a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Didn't Rodman supposedly grow from like 5'8, to 6'9 from 18-20 years old?

Yes,

David Robinson - 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.

Pippen grew 6.5 inches after graduating high school. ( 6'1' to 6'7.5")

Actor Kevin Costner grew from 5'2", to 6'1" from 18-20 yrs.old

Manu Ginobili also had a massive late growth spurt in his late teens. 5'8" to 6'6"

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28653

Tim Duncan also had a massive late growth spurt when he was 17. 6'3" to 6'11"

Dennis Johnson 5'9" to 6'4" (Final year in HS)

Rookie Gordon Hayward 5'10" to 6'6.75"

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....on_haywar.html
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-05-2011 at 02:29 AM.

How did he skip all those inches in-between?