Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I was sick and put an onion in my sock

My cold went away in a couple of hours. This is supposed to be some sort of wives tales saying that the onion will suck out germs through your feet. Don't know how legit it is but it worked for me.

Anyone else try it?

NBA Legend

Default Re: I was sick and put an onion in my sock

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    My cold went away in a couple of hours. This is supposed to be some sort of wives tales saying that the onion will suck out germs through your feet. Don't know how legit it is but it worked for me.

Anyone else try it?
    Lol, I should've tried it. I started getting a sore throat and the sniffles/sneezing on Tuesday, felt miserable on Wednesday and Thursday and by Friday the worst had passed. I don't like taking medication, I would rather the virus takes it's course and let my body heal itself naturally.

The onion thing doesn't sound convincing, like do you put an onion in your sock and you go walking around all day on it? How the hell does that not feel uncomfortable? There's another wive's tale about sweating out a cold, I did some research on it and doctors don't believe in it but I remember when I was a little kid, my mom gave me some aspirin, chicken soup, orange juice and tucked me under a bunch of bed sheets. I woke up dripping wet with sweat but my cold was gone. I haven't tried it since though...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Lol, I should've tried it. I started getting a sore throat and the sniffles/sneezing on Tuesday, felt miserable on Wednesday and Thursday and by Friday the worst had passed. I don't like taking medication, I would rather the virus takes it's course and let my body heal itself naturally.

The onion thing doesn't sound convincing, like do you put an onion in your sock and you go walking around all day on it? How the hell does that not feel uncomfortable? There's another wive's tale about sweating out a cold, I did some research on it and doctors don't believe in it but I remember when I was a little kid, my mom gave me some aspirin, chicken soup, orange juice and tucked me under a bunch of San Marcos blankets. I woke up dripping wet with sweat but my cold was gone. I haven't tried it since though...
    Fixed.

The onion thing doesn't sound convincing, like do you put an onion in your sock and you go walking around all day on it? How the hell does that not feel uncomfortable? There's another wive's tale about sweating out a cold, I did some research on it and doctors don't believe in it but I remember when I was a little kid, my mom gave me some aspirin, chicken soup, orange juice and tucked me under a bunch of bed sheets. I woke up dripping wet with sweat but my cold was gone. I haven't tried it since though...
    LOL, this nigqa..

Chop up some onion, soak your socks in vinegar, put a towel under your feet wherever you're gonna be laying so shit don't get wet, put chopped onions in sock and onto your feet. Helps the flu/fever go away much quicker, works every ****ing time. Obviously you won't walk around with it, best way is to do it before bed so you sleep through the night like that (wrap your damn feet up in that towel, dnt fck up).

rank sentamentalist

i'm not totally surprised, i had people tell me that onions cleared your sinuses for the same reason they make you cry. he seemed to know what he was talking about. and bram stoker wouldn't have included it in ****ing dracula if they didn't have serious benefits right?

My cousin used to tell me something similar when he would stick his c0ck in my ass whenever I couldn't fall asleep during sleep overs....I'm not sure it worked though, I think it was mostly placebo.

In fact, now that I think about it, he would often wake me up in this fashion, which completely went against the logic he was trying to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    LOL, this nigqa..

Chop up some onion, soak your socks in vinegar, put a towel under your feet wherever you're gonna be laying so shit don't get wet, put chopped onions in sock and onto your feet. Helps the flu/fever go away much quicker, works every ****ing time. Obviously you won't walk around with it, best way is to do it before bed so you sleep through the night like that (wrap your damn feet up in that towel, dnt fck up).
    You can't be serious

   

fresh garlic is pretty much an anti-germicidal miracle and onions are a close relative of garlic, so maybe that's not the craziest old wive's tale ever.

I chopped it into a patty style and stuffed it in my sock before bed. I happened to be still awake but I cleared up a couple of hours later. Normally I get sicker before I sleep. I do that thing where I lay on one side of the pillow to unstuff my nose. Went away that evening

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i'm not totally surprised, i had people tell me that onions cleared your sinuses for the same reason they make you cry. he seemed to know what he was talking about. and bram stoker wouldn't have included it in ****ing dracula if they didn't have serious benefits right?
    For the price of a .25 onion it was worth it. The only complaint was the wife saying I smelled like a Whopper in bed

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    My cousin used to tell me something similar when he would stick his c0ck in my ass whenever I couldn't fall asleep during sleep overs....I'm not sure it worked though, I think it was mostly placebo.

In fact, now that I think about it, he would often wake me up in this fashion, which completely went against the logic he was trying to present.
    Haha, you frenchies always have an old wives tale that has a ***** in the bum. Too funny.

Also heard you can do variations where you shove the onion up your ass and it's supposed to take away the cold even FASTER.

Let me know how it works guys

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Also heard you can do variations where you shove the onion up your ass and it's supposed to take away the cold even FASTER.

Let me know how it works guys