Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

alex rodriguez is a total bust ever since comming to ny.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

R.I.P. Armon/Armen Gilliam

I'll never forget the Hammer's gumby high top

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I didn't even know. i usually get that info kinda when it's reported.

RIP to him.

Only 47 years old. Died of a heart attack playing pickup basketball I think.It's kinda scary to see so many black men dying this year in their 40s and not because of violence.Fellaz (of all races) take care of yourselves.Get your regular checkups and exams.Once you get in your late 30's/early 40's,it's an important time to be proactive.Go get stuff like ya prostate exam.It's a few uncomfortable minutes that could extend your lifetime!Besides I need you guys here to talk sports.I'm already goin thru withdrawals with this lockout.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Only 47 years old. Died of a heart attack playing pickup basketball I think.It's kinda scary to see so many black men dying this year in their 40s and not because of violence.Fellaz (of all races) take care of yourselves.Get your regular checkups and exams.Once you get in your late 30's/early 40's,it's an important time to be proactive.Go get stuff like ya prostate exam.It's a few uncomfortable minutes that could extend your lifetime!Besides I need you guys here to talk sports.I'm already goin thru withdrawals with this lockout.

Are you a soccer fan? If so watch the NY Red Bulls(MLS) they are a great team but choke and under perfrom way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Are you a soccer fan? If so watch the NY Red Bulls(MLS) they are a great team but choke and under perfrom way too often.
    Just like the Heat.

I can't watch soccer.It's like hockey in slow motion without hitting.I have been tryna keep up with tennis.I always watch the major tournaments but I'm starting to watch the WTP matches.Only problem is,most of them come on a network you have to purchase seperately.Serena is on the DC team so I may start goin to the matches.Hopefully I can get seats behind her lol

NBA rookie of the year

Once again, The Simpsons perfectly captures another facet of the American condition. This time, it's how we feel about soccer: "It's all here - fast-kicking, low-scoring, and ties? You bet!"
    Last edited by Scoooter; 07-16-2011 at 02:17 AM.

How about those Jets? What do you guys think? I htink ppl are prisoners of the moment and overreact. It's just the preseason but I admit...I did let out a sigh of relief when Plaxico was doing his thing.

How about those Jets? What do you guys think? I htink ppl are prisoners of the moment and overreact. It's just the preseason but I admit...I did let out a sigh of relief when Plaxico was doing his thing.
    I think you're right about the overreacting but I love how used the term 'prisoner of the moment' when you guys got Plax now.

I'll admit I hate the Jets and Plaxaco leaving the Giants deal on the table should bother me but it really doesn't. I think that the Giants decided to help a former player out by allowing the media believe Plaxaco was close to signing with them so that other teams would offer more money but in reality they had no intentions of signing him.

Also I still think it was some bull that he was arrested for so long for shooting himself by accident. I understand it was an illegal firearm and someone could've been hurt but nobody was and the guy was a star, his paranoia led him to get the weapon as protection.

I mean come on...2 years? Didn't Micheal Vick serve the same for a Dog Fighting Ring? In which dogs were murdered. Plax didn't hurt anyone. State Laws really screwed Plax over.

Anyway I wish the best for the guy and hope he can establish himself and play good football. I have no reason to wish any bad upon him.

It's just the preseason, but I still was glad to see Plax can still do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    I think you're right about the overreacting but I love how used the term 'prisoner of the moment' when you guys got Plax now.

I'll admit I hate the Jets and Plaxaco leaving the Giants deal on the table should bother me but it really doesn't. I think that the Giants decided to help a former player out by allowing the media believe Plaxaco was close to signing with them so that other teams would offer more money but in reality they had no intentions of signing him.

Also I still think it was some bull that he was arrested for so long for shooting himself by accident. I understand it was an illegal firearm and someone could've been hurt but nobody was and the guy was a star, his paranoia led him to get the weapon as protection.

I mean come on...2 years? Didn't Micheal Vick serve the same for a Dog Fighting Ring? In which dogs were murdered. Plax didn't hurt anyone. State Laws really screwed Plax over.

Anyway I wish the best for the guy and hope he can establish himself and play good football. I have no reason to wish any bad upon him.

1. It's not too late for you to come to your senses and become a Jets fan. Being a Giants fan is so 3 years ago lol Admit it,the Jets are just a cooler team. I'm a long time sufferer but I welcome all newcomers.

2. I don't honestly believe the Giants actually offered Plaxico anything. The Giants got cocky this offseason and sat on their hands. It's coming back to haunt them sooner than expected with the injuries and FA's signing elsewhere.

3.I have mixed feelings about the Plax situation.I don't particularly like Bloomberg but one thing I must give him credit for is his efforts to cut down crime in NY. Im sure knickscity can attest to the fact that NY is way safer now than it was in the early to mid 90's. While the punishment seems harsh for someone who shot themself, I do commend the judges and Bloomberg for not bending on the rules just because he's a star.

4.I actually thought Vick's offense wasn't as bad as Plaxico's. People judge Plaxico's incident on the results and not the action. He was very lucky that he only shot himself. The thing that gets me with the Vick situation is the fact that on the same ESPN network I 1st heard the story and criticism about how dreadful it was, I can see ppl shoot deer and hunt for "sport".

1. It's not too late for you to come to your senses and become a Jets fan. Being a Giants fan is so 3 years ago lol Admit it,the Jets are just a cooler team. I'm a long time sufferer but I welcome all newcomers.
    If I was like that I definetly would've been off the Knicks before David Lee seemed like he could even be on another team.

I can definitely say it's safer in NYC.

As far as the Place decision.....

The rule was applied correctly, only star treatment he received was "lodging", but that was because he wasn't a criminal against society.

Speaking as someone who has family in Rykers as both inmates AND C.O.'s, I can say for sure that where you "lodge" can be as detrimental to society as crime itself. Certain prisons can make men into monsters. He did his time and I'm ok with that. don't like all this injury stuff though. Part of me is worried that he is injury prone. The other part is worried that he's back to being a diva and not wanting to practice. I don't know which is worst.