Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Bucks fan

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

3/$10 Million with Houston.

Why didnt he make a minimum contract with a 1 year team option considering he was drafted at #55 in 2002 by San Antonio.

Euros can escape past the rookie contracts by doing so.
    The rules that govern contracts in the NBA are clearly outlined at cbafaq.com. Nobody should have to read your ignorant ramblings on this subject, so in the future, please check there before posting such nonsense.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    There has to be some duration. I think it's against the law to have a contract that runs indefinately. Well, I shouldn't say "against the law"... but the contract would be "unenforceable" in a court of law after some period of time.

My guess would be 3 years.
    A contract and rights to a player are two entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    Dejan Bodiroga, perhaps the greatest European player of the last 25 years NOT to play in the NBA was drafted by the Kings in 1995. They attempted to get him over to the USA several times, most notably during the C-Webb years when he might just have been the piece to push them over the top. He never did come, for a variety of reasons. The point is that he's now 36 and retired, and yet the Kings still hold his rights, because they hadn't bothered to renounce them. He still couldn't sign a 10-day contract with the Clippers without the Kings renouncing his rights.
    Perfect example. Also, hasn't David Andersen been a free agent a couple of times, Hawks still own his rights. Same with Cenk Akyol.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    The rules that govern contracts in the NBA are clearly outlined at cbafaq.com. Nobody should have to read your ignorant ramblings on this subject, so in the future, please check there before posting such nonsense.

Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Same happened with Marko Jaric signing in the 2002 summer after being drafted in 2000. His overseas contract had not expired.

What you said before, and what you say now doesn't do anything. GTFO if you don't know **** about holding rights to overseas players and stop talking out of your ass.
    I'm not repeating myself, you know absolutely nothing and love to play Mr.Worstcasescenario and bring up things that wont happen due to the sheer fact of common sense & a soul.

Its not going to get to that point, that is beyond a worst case scenario for Memphis,Rubio,The NBA,and Nike.

I'm not repeating myself, you know absolutely nothing and love to play Mr.Worstcasescenario and bring up things that wont happen due to the sheer fact of common sense & a soul.

Its not going to get to that point, that is beyond a worst case scenario for Memphis,Rubio,The NBA,and Nike.
    I know nothing, yet, you claim Rubio will be a free agent in the NBA in 2012 and can sue Memphis if they don't let him go to another team without renouncing or trading his rights, if it were to go to that far?

UD
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    Come on, if he comes with 2nd pick, he would have to pay near 85% of his 3 years's pay to DKV Joventut.

Would you came to NBA to play with Memphis for free? Sure I wouldn't.
    Wait, why does his pay go to them?

Banned

Perfect example. Also, hasn't David Andersen been a free agent a couple of times, Hawks still own his rights. Same with Cenk Akyol.
    Has either expressed interest in playing in the NBA?

[QUOTE=UD

Banned

I know nothing, yet, you claim Rubio will be a free agent in the NBA in 2012 and can sue Memphis if they don't let him go to another team without renouncing or trading his rights, if it were to go to that far?

The only thing I read.

Banned

That has nothing to do with the fact that the only team they could sign with is the team that holds their rights considering they weren't renounced, or, they did not go undrafted.
    Yet if either did not want to play for the Hawks, as much as Rubio's handlers dont want him to play for Memphis & OKC.

Yeah he could have done so if it ever got to that point.

A contract and rights to a player are two entirely different things.

I still have feeling that if the player really wanted to they could take this to court and get it overturned. Of course, it probably wouldn't get that far, because if the player wins, it could set a bad precedence for future cases.

I could be wrong, just speculating.

An example is the the buying and selling of virtual items in games like World of Warcraft. Technically, you can't sell game items, or game accounts, because you don't own them. It's in the user agreement and everything. However, Blizzard would NEVER sue anyone for selling virtual game items or accounts (even though they could), because if they lost, it would set a terrible precedence. Instead, they just ban the account and move on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz

Thanks.
    There is nothing on that site that describes the basis of this disaster scenario we are talking about.

The only thing I read.
    Typically happens when someone gets b[COLOR="#000000"]it[/COLOR]chslapped in an argument and tries to avoid getting further owned.

Yet if either did not want to play for the Hawks, as much as Rubio's handlers dont want him to play for Memphis & OKC.

Yeah he could have done so if it ever got to that point.

Dude's pure comedy. Haven't talked to someone this ignorant in a while.

Banned

Typically happens when someone gets b[COLOR="#000000"]it[/COLOR]chslapped in an argument and tries to avoid getting further owned.
    *****slapped how?

By arguing about something that would be a disaster scenario.

Sure, I'll hand you over the W if you want it.

Dude's pure comedy. Haven't talked to someone this ignorant in a while.
    You have the nerve to discuss anyone being ignorant but pride yourself as a Clippers fan.

3/$10 Million with Houston.

Why didnt he make a minimum contract with a 1 year team option considering he was drafted at #55 in 2002 by San Antonio.

Euros can escape past the rookie contracts by doing so.
    Your wrong. Scola was a 2nd round pick, not a 1st rounder like Rubio is going to be. 2nd round picks don't have guaranteed contracts governed by the CBA like 1st round picks do, so when Scola was out of his deal with the Euro team he played for he was able to negotiate with the Rockets who had traded for his rights (the Spurs had already used their MLE and did not have the cap space to afford Scola which is why they traded him).

Seeing that Rubio will be drafted in the 1st round whenever he comes to the league he will be playing under a rookie deal for 2 years with a team option for 2 additional years and the salary will depend on what spot he's drafted at. Unlike Scola he won't be able to negotiate his contract, and the NBA team that drafts him will maintain his rights indefinitely until they trade him, sign him or renounce him.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    There has to be some duration. I think it's against the law to have a contract that runs indefinately. Well, I shouldn't say "against the law"... but the contract would be "unenforceable" in a court of law after some period of time.

My guess would be 3 years.
    No its not. From what I remember from contract law, a contract that is indefinite in duration could run forever if their are terms that can allow for the termination of that contract. But I don't think that would matter here anyway because there wouldn't be a contract, the NBA team would just hold exclusive rights to negotiate with the player.