Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/7/Al-Jefferson.html

He has established himself as a premier big man in the NBA, and as such, will command a premier salary.

This season, Jefferson made $15 million. Whether the Jazz will choose to retain him for at least that much money over the next few seasons is another matter entirely, and is completely unknown.
    It's a no brainer to me at any price. They better not bring him back. Sorry Al!

[QUOTE]Quotable: "It could be a totally different Utah Jazz team next year or it could be the same team next year. But one thing I do know about the Jazz

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/...l-Millsap.html

This is the second time Millsap has faced a real possibility of leaving Utah, though his departure this time around is much more likely.
    Not sure I'd call it more likely. They had to take out a bank loan to keep him last time to match Portland's offer and pay him up front.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/13/Earl-Watson.html

Watson's return to Utah is unlikely at best.
    I think he or Tinsley could be back. Tinsley should get more interest around the league and leave the Jazz with Watson.

On summer plans: Continuing to rehab from his injury, getting healthy and taking his daughter to Disneyland.
    Didn't know he was still hurt!

Quotable: "A year or two from now this team will not be together, obviously, and you're going to see players go to other teams and have amazing runs in the postseason and you're going to sit back and think how good this team could have been. We could never really capture our full potential."
    I think they exceeded their potential. Mediocre talent fighting for the playoffs.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/15/Mo-Williams.html

Indeed, the last remaining piece Utah needs to seriously contend is a premier point guard, which is a luxury the Jazz have missed ever since Deron Williams' departure.
    Contend for what? They need star power and a go to guy. They need defense. Their young guys have a lot of potential but still plenty of question marks some of which should start getting answered next year.

by his own admission, Williams was never 100 percent down the stretch for the Jazz.

If Utah wants the former NBA All-Star back on its roster, it won't likely have to pay $8.5 million, but Williams will still be a commodity under significant demand. The alternative is to find a point guard besides Williams on the free-agent market, to trade for a point guard or to draft a point guard.

Of those three options, the most likely is to find a point guard on the market should Williams not return.
    They need a vet. Possibly Mo. They also need a young guy.

http://rockmonster.blogs.deseretnews...es-jazz-blame/

[QUOTE] General manager Dennis Lindsey said on Thursday that

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/56...ordon.html.csp

Some more insight into what next season might look like.

[QUOTE]Indiana

For the fifth-straight year, the Jazz organization will send a squad of youngsters and NBA hopefuls to the Orlando Pro Summer League, General Manager Dennis Lindsey confirmed.

Dates haven't been announced, but that summer event will take place in early July at the Amway Center's practice court.

Jazz rookie Kevin Murphy and late-season pickup Jerel McNeal are among the likely invitees, and it wouldn't be surprising if Enes Kanter made an appearance while rehabbing from his left shoulder injury.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hayward and Favors at least in camp. They could still use it. Evans should play.

Last summer, DeMarre Carroll, Alec Burks, Jeremy Evans, Kanter, Blake Ahearn, John Millsap, and Michael Stockton were on Utah's roster.
    Would like to Stockton back. He was impressive. Maybe Elijiah Millsap this time around.

[QUOTE]Burks was named to the All-Summer League team, thanks to an average of 17.2 points. Kanter averaged 8.8 rebounds for the 3-2 Jazz squad.

If the Jazz keep their three draft picks (14th, 21st and 46th), those players would also likely participate.

The NBA puts on a summer league in Las Vegas, which ultimately led to the Rocky Mountain Revue's demise after its run from 1984-2008. Since 2009, the Jazz have preferred to attend the more intimate Orlando event, which isn't open to the public but televises all of the games.

Along with the Jazz, the Heat, Rockets, Nets, Celtics, Pistons, Pacers, Thunder, 76ers and Magic are expected to participate in Orlando's 2013 summer league, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

The Orlando Pro Summer League is also reportedly considering a tournament structure with pool play and a championship game instead of just having teams play five times in consecutive days.

2013-14 PRESEASON: The Jazz previously announced that they'll play Portland in Boise on Oct. 11 in an exhibition game. Turns out, Utah will also face the Lakers twice in the exhibition season

[QUOTE]Arash Markazi: CP3 on Bledsoe: "There

[QUOTE]If Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Looks like CP3 plans on being back in LA. No surprise. He is right though. They won't be able to afford to keep Bledsoe or keep him happy coming off the bench even if they did pay him He will become available as soon as Paul signs.
    Blesdoe isn't a free agent to next year right? Would have to trade for him? Maybe the Jazz can tempt the Clippers with one of their draft picks. Gets the Jazz a quality starting PG, Clippers get another rookie scale deal and hopefully someone who can contribute, especially since they'll be capped out when Paul signs and have guys like Barnes, Billups, Odom and Turiaf as free agents.

He'll be in the last year of his rookie deal. Same as G and Favors. Could get real expensive in a hurry if they have to dole out big money to all of them at the same time. Jazz could also take on contracts like Butler or Willie Green with their cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    He'll be in the last year of his rookie deal. Same as G and Favors. Could get real expensive in a hurry if they have to dole out big money to all of them at the same time. Jazz could also take on contracts like Butler or Willie Green with their cap space.
    Willie Green has a team option and it's only $1.3 million, so I doubt they'd be able to get anything better any cheaper and if they don't want him they can cut him. Butler would be the obvious choice at $8 million if they wanted to cut salaries, which is a realistic proposition with their owner. Clippers basically will have all their salary tied up in their version of the Big 3 with Griffin, Paul and Jordan with Crawford on a MLE deal and a bunch of minimum deals to fill out the rest of the roster. It'd leave them thin in the 3 spot, but i'm sure the Jazz could send back Evans or Carroll in return who don't make more than a few million?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Willie Green has a team option and it's only $1.3 million, so I doubt they'd be able to get anything better any cheaper and if they don't want him they can cut him.
    OK. The site I looked at had something by his years so I wasn't sure with him. Deandre is the other one but I wouldn't take him!

Butler would be the obvious choice at $8 million if they wanted to cut salaries, which is a realistic proposition with their owner. Clippers basically will have all their salary tied up in their version of the Big 3 with Griffin, Paul and Jordan with Crawford on a MLE deal and a bunch of minimum deals to fill out the rest of the roster. It'd leave them thin in the 3 spot, but i'm sure the Jazz could send back Evans or Carroll in return who don't make more than a few million?
    I think Crawford has some option too?

Jazz might draft a young wing at the 21st slot that could look good to the Clipps as well as Evans. Murphy and McNeal would be nice for a team in a trade with non-guaranteed deals. Their first pick who should be a pg/combo guard could be expendable too if they got Bledsoe not to mention Burks, who I wouldn't want to see go

They also have their 2nd round pick and future picks to throw in as well as the TPE they'd get for the Jazz taking on salary and Tomic's rights. Carroll would have to be a sign and trade. Getting another team involved so they could unload Marvin would be sweet.

Butler is an expiring contract so I could certainly see the Jazz doing it. His money could go to paying the kids next summer. I think he'd be a good fit too. Start him with Burks or Hayward. He can handle the ball. Pass. Shoot. He's not the player he was before his injury in Dallas but a nice vet that should fit better than Marvin or Foye.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-23-2013 at 06:46 AM.

[QUOTE]Jeff Teague