Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Default Re: Adam Morrison smokes cigarettes

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
    I can guarentee a lot smoke cigars as well but that's different b/c you don't inhale and it doesn't F-up your lungs.
    I hate to tell you this but weed also harms the lungs just like tobacco and there are likely many more players that smoke weed than tobacco. So what's your point about Stache and his nicotine?

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

Did I say anything about weed?

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
    Did I say anything about weed?

Somebody did. Anyway-- I think that this is all in the context of the players doing stuff that can have a negative impact on their play.

Yeah, how many pictures of MJ have we seen with a cigar shoved in his cakehole?

I hate smoking just as much as the next guy. Maybe it's because (and yeah, I'm going this far) Morrison is white and that is the reason that people profile him and single him out for smoking a cig when they consciously know that a majority of the rest of the NBA smokes marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Yeah, how many pictures of MJ have we seen with a cigar shoved in his cakehole?

I hate smoking just as much as the next guy. Maybe it's because (and yeah, I'm going this far) Morrison is white and that is the reason that people profile him and single him out for smoking a cig when they consciously know that a majority of the rest of the NBA smokes marijuana.
    Could be. But also lots of folks have soured on Ammo because he had a bad first season against all expectations. I'm hoping to keep an open mind.

Tomorrow night is the pre-season opener and I know that the game will be broadcast on the radio, but will the game be aired over the internet?

You've been 'Smacked!

You have to register, but it's free all year:

NBA Audio League Pass

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    I hate to tell you this but weed also harms the lungs just like tobacco and there are likely many more players that smoke weed than tobacco. So what's your point about Stache and his nicotine?
    But how much does he smoke? Is he just a 'social smoker' or an addict?

Thing is, if you smoke a pack of sigarettes a day you aren't even considered a heavy smoker. But the heaviest mariuana smoker won't smoke more than three a day, and you can't keep that up if you have to do real practice everyday.

Another thing, Morrison is one of the worst athletes in the NBA at his position, and then he goes out smoking. I can understand stuff like that if you are incredibly gifted physically, but not if you are a 'bust' rookie who spent all season struggling to keep up against better athletes.

My Swag is Phenomenal ILuvThisGame's Avatar

weed is unfiltered, you inhale and hold it in.... a couple blunts a day will piss the lungs away.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    But how much does he smoke? Is he just a 'social smoker' or an addict?

Thing is, if you smoke a pack of sigarettes a day you aren't even considered a heavy smoker. But the heaviest mariuana smoker won't smoke more than three a day, and you can't keep that up if you have to do real practice everyday.

Another thing, Morrison is one of the worst athletes in the NBA at his position, and then he goes out smoking. I can understand stuff like that if you are incredibly gifted physically, but not if you are a 'bust' rookie who spent all season struggling to keep up against better athletes.

Im not sure who you hang around with, but Ive had friends smoke 3 joints within the first 3 hours of them waking up.

My Swag is Phenomenal ILuvThisGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liverpooty
    Im not sure who you hang around with, but Ive had friends smoke 3 joints within the first 3 hours of them waking up.
    to quote Sublime
    "I smoke two joints in the morning.
    I smoke two joints at night.
    I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
    I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
    I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
    And then I smoke two more"

I'm guessing the weed is stronger here.

But you don't tell me an NBA player smokes a joint every hour and his employers are going to be fine with that and he is going to pass all the drug tests?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    But you don't tell me an NBA player smokes a joint every hour and his employers are going to be fine with that and he is going to pass all the drug tests?
    Well at least someone's brain is in shape to think clearly!!!! Thanks LJJ!

Local High School Star

Um, you're right, I didnt say an NBA player would smoke a joint every hour and pass a drug test with his employers being fine with it. I was just pointing out that someone smoking 3 joints a day isnt as big an addict as some think, and no I dont smoke Marijuana.
    Last edited by liverpooty; 10-12-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Um, you're right, I was just pointing out that someone smoking 3 joints a day isnt as big an addict as some think....
    What's your expertise with the subject of addiction? Since you have no expertise it may be wise to speak about something that you know something about.

Local High School Star

I was actually a counselor for drug addiction at a local hospital this past summer. So I have a fair amount of knowledge regarding the matter.

Thanks.