Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 01-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
Im so nba'd out
AWell Respected Poster

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Elton Brand

Whats up with him i know he will be back for this game but is he starting or coming off the bench.?Anyone know anything?
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
winningfreak
I brick open layups

winningfreak has not been impressing people
Default Re: Elton Brand

Update: Brand (shoulder) will not be activated in time for Saturday's game against the Knicks, the Philiadelphia Daily News reports.

Analysis: The team hopes he will be ready to play Wednesday against the Rockets.
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningfreak
Update: Brand (shoulder) will not be activated in time for Saturday's game against the Knicks, the Philiadelphia Daily News reports.

Analysis: The team hopes he will be ready to play Wednesday against the Rockets.
that would be exactly 6 weeks, the amount they said he needed for full recovery.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Im so nba'd out
AWell Respected Poster

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

ok i did get word that elton brand will play vs the knicks coming off the bench Im happy to see him back
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Barf05
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Barf05 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
ok i did get word that elton brand will play vs the knicks coming off the bench Im happy to see him back
Arent you a little worried that he might mess up the chemistry once he returns? They've been playing so much better without him as of late.
Barf05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
DillaSaysGo

DillaSaysGo has an OK reputation so far

As long as they don't toss the ball to Elton in the post for him to take jumpshots all game, I think they will be fine. Although im worried a little cause he's not going to get up and down like Thad would in the starting line up.
DillaSaysGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

we were too focused on him being Elton Brand. We know his credentials so we really tried to get him the ball instead of letting him just blend in. Elton blending in will be at least 15 and 10 but with better percentages. I just think our team as a whole needs to just think of him as just another guy out there, and we will be fine. I know it's tough because he's not just another guy but forcing him the ball and standing around will not do it. He's an unselfish player so he will adapt.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
DillaSaysGo

DillaSaysGo has an OK reputation so far

I thought they did a good job tonight vs. the Knicks of not force feeding Brand when he was in. There were even some times when he was open after the pick and roll and they opted to not toss it to him. Good to see.
DillaSaysGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillaSaysGo
I thought they did a good job tonight vs. the Knicks of not force feeding Brand when he was in. There were even some times when he was open after the pick and roll and they opted to not toss it to him. Good to see.

yeah it was. Like i said we need to just think of him as another guy out there. Play the same way that we do with Reggie in the game. But Brand just fitting in will be very good in itself.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: