Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Bored Knick fan + NBA rumors = mock trade

I work overnights now so I'm bored as hell when I'm not studying for my Security+ certification. Recent NBA rumors are the Knicks will trade Anthony Randolph to Houston to get their first round pick back, that Philadelphia may send Andre Igoudala to Chicago, and that Portland may just blow the whole thing up out there now that Brandon Roy's knees are shot.

So here goes.............

After sending Anthony Randolph to Houston for that first round pick the following four team trade happens:

Portland
Outgoing: Joel Przybilla, Andre Miller
Incoming: Darius Songaila, CJ Watson, Kurt Thomas, James Johnson, and Kelenna Azubuike

Philadelphia
Outgoing: Andre Iguodala, Darius Songaila
Incoming: Ronnie Brewer, Eddy Curry, 1st round pick from NY

Chicago
Outgoing Players: Ronnie Brewer, CJ Watson, Kurt Thomas, James Johnson
Incoming Players: Andre Iguodala

New York
Outgoing Players: Eddy Curry, Kelenna Azubuike, 1st round pick re-acquired from Houston
Incoming Players: Joel Przybilla, Andre Miller
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bored Knick fan + NBA rumors = mock trade

Post trade the Knicks would be:

PG: Ray Felton, Andre Miller
SG: Landry Fields, Tony Douglas
SF: Wilson Chandler, Shawne Williams
PF: Danilo Galinari, Rony Turiaf
C: Amare Stoudemire, Joel Pryzbilla, Timofey Mozgov

The bolded players are the true rotation guys and the other three are the spot minute guys.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick in order to get two bench players (though I like Andre Miller)
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Post trade the Knicks would be:

PG: Ray Felton, Andre Miller
SG: Landry Fields, Tony Douglas
SF: Wilson Chandler, Shawne Williams
PF: Danilo Galinari, Rony Turiaf
C: Amare Stoudemire, Joel Pryzbilla, Timofey Mozgov

The bolded players are the true rotation guys and the other three are the spot minute guys.

Why do you have Gallo at the four?
Why are you trading for Andre Miller and yet admit pg isn't our weakness when we brought up CP3?
Put Stat back at the pf and try to pry away Camby from Portland.

My only three desirables from the Blazers are Camby which is a need, Rudy which we could use and.......

Oden....get him now while cheap, he will be even cheaper next year, and maybe there is a chance he can recover.

I'd have him follow Stat in the conditioning room every time he goes.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Why do you have Gallo at the four?
Why are you trading for Andre Miller and yet admit pg isn't our weakness when we brought up CP3?
Put Stat back at the pf and try to pry away Camby from Portland.

My only three desirables from the Blazers are Camby which is a need, Rudy which we could use and.......

Oden....get him now while cheap, he will be even cheaper next year, and maybe there is a chance he can recover.

I'd have him follow Stat in the conditioning room every time he goes.
In the Knicks offensive system the forward spots are supposed to be interchangeable. I simply used SF and PF to make the distinction between Chandler and Galinari clear.

Andre Miller would be Ray Felton's backup. Miller is financially cheaper and easier to acquire than Chris Paul. Now that the NBA owns the Hornets don't be shocked if Chris Paul NEVER leaves. They are STRONGLY considering taking the franchise to Seattle as the voices pointing out how stupid it is to ignore that New Orleans is a horrible pro sports area grow. Paul is one of few positives for the franchise when it comes to looking for an owner.

Amar'e Stoudemire will start at C while Coach Pringles is here. The Knicks 13-1 run as come with Stoudemire seeing most of his time at C. Pringles was already a "small ball" fan so that will fuel his fire.

Also Pryzbilla and Miller can both be let go next season. Pryz is a straight up free agent and Miller has a team option. Dump them both and the Knicks can again look aggressively to add guys is free agency.

Greg Oden is a waste of time. Portland is going to give him one more try and he sucks anyway.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok, i see your point.

I would take a chance on Oden.

He has shown what he can do when healthy.

He was a double double and aggressive shotblocker.

He fits my low risk criteria.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He has shown what he can do when healthy.

O really? lol

As for the trade,It makes a lot of sense.It's very practical! However,I think if you look @ it objectively,we kinda get the short end of the stick.Eddy Curry, despite being a tub of lard,may be our most valuable trade piece in theory.I think teams may want his expirer more than our young talent.So we're giving up that,a 1st round pick and Azubuike and we get back a 31 year old who's never avg over 6 ppg and a 34 year old who we're probably not gonna resign. Seems like the trade works for everyone EXCEPT us.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: