Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Laker News: Pau Gasol dealing with ankle sprain

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Screw it. They've pretty much trade everyone else in the roster, including my Lammy & DFish Might as well trade Pau now. Damn, was I wrong about not wanting for the Lakers to sign Josh Smith, better than Pau.

Bye Pau.
    Question for everyone: What would you pay Pau in his next contract?

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I like Pau but he is on a decline. I see th Spurs replacing Duncan with him, maybe offering their midlevel, same with OKC .

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I like Pau but he is on a decline. I see th Spurs replacing Duncan with him, maybe offering their midlevel, same with OKC .

I'm with you.....but Pau, he thinks he shouldn't have to take a pay cut

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

my reaction to this post

mini mle...or say bye bye....

I would actually trade him before Feb and atleast get something in return...even if its Stuckey/Charlie V

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    mini mle...or say bye bye....

I would actually trade him before Feb and atleast get something in return...even if its Stuckey/Charlie V
    What would you think of our ownership if we gave him a new contract for 3 years at $15 mil per year?

What would you think of our ownership if we gave him a new contract for 3 years at $15 mil per year?
    I dont think it will happen. Management & all other FO's see what we see. they got jumpstarted on this by almost dealing him 2 years back.

they will either trade him @ deadline and try to get a piece on cheaper deal or letting him. I can see them valuing him @5-8mil

what u think? how much does he gets paid in the FA?

I would honestly let him walk...as his prime days are over and he is breaking down

I dont think it will happen. Management & all other FO's see what we see. they got jumpstarted on this by almost dealing him 2 years back.

they will either trade him @ deadline and try to get a piece on cheaper deal or letting him. I can see them valuing him @5-8mil

what u think? how much does he gets paid in the FA?

I would honestly let him walk...as his prime days are over and he is breaking down
    I wouldn't pay him a dime more than $5 million per year for 2 years.....and only that much if we have a new coach. His style of play doesn't fit with what 'Antoni wants him to do....so if he's still the coach we have to trade him or let him walk. He hasn't earned his money in years.

NBA lottery pick

I think Pau will get 5-8 million per season. I really don't see the Pistons trading Stuckey & CV for him either. Stuckey has been very good for the Pistons this season. I think there's a good chance that he resigns with the Pistons this offseason. The last thing the Pistons need is another big man too.

I wouldn't pay him a dime more than $5 million per year for 2 years.....and only that much if we have a new coach. His style of play doesn't fit with what 'Antoni wants him to do....so if he's still the coach we have to trade him or let him walk. He hasn't earned his money in years.
    Forget About offense gor a sec...dude doesnt even try to pretend to play any kind of defense..nor goes for rebounds... Almost all his rebounds come to him...

Scrub Amir johnson sh!tted on him last night...nene did the same... There was another guy who cored 30 on him...dont remember his name

I would honestly trade him and get something insted of letting him walk...

If Gay can net vazguez & patrick paterson... Gasol can net u atleast something more

Forget About offense gor a sec...dude doesnt even try to pretend to play any kind of defense..nor goes for rebounds... Almost all his rebounds come to him...

Scrub Amir johnson sh!tted on him last night...nene did the same... There was another guy who cored 30 on him...dont remember his name

If Gay can net vazguez & patrick paterson... Gasol can net u atleast something more
    There are plenty of terrible contracts going around, Im sure they can get something for him but I would prefer the cap and flexibility than getting a mid level player with longer contract.

And there goes your argument. A 19 mil dollar player who don't any defense and yet you think another team would give up players better than Vasquez and Patterson?

And there goes your argument. A 19 mil dollar player who don't any defense and yet you think another team would give up players better than Vasquez and Patterson?
    I'm not going to bash anyone's trade ideas......remember we got Pau for Kwame.....and the truth is that if anyone had suggested that possibility at the time we all would've laughed that person off the board

Pau Expirer > Kwame Expirer

NBA lottery pick

I'm not going to bash anyone's trade ideas......remember we got Pau for Kwame.....and the truth is that if anyone had suggested that possibility at the time we all would've laughed that person off the board

Pau Expirer > Kwame Expirer
    That was a very good deal for Memphis and has always made sense to me. Not only did they get an expirer in Kwame, but they got a Gasol of their own too. So in the end they ended up with a front line of Randolph and Marc Gasol, which has been one of the best in the NBA. In no way do I think the Lakers ripped off the Grizzlies in that deal and I will defend it to this day. I think the Lakers got the immediate benefit of the deal, but in the long term it was better for the Grizzlies.

Lol forget about defense... Rudy Gay couldnt play on offense... Ball stuck in his hands pretty bad...

If he can be traded so can Pau... I just dont want them to get any non expiring contracts ...unless its Rondo which is pipe dream