Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default People these days

So, I finally get my wife out of the house today since it's the first day off I've had in over two weeks and we ended up at the mall to go to Bath and Body. We stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.We were seated in a booth next to a table that had a man who obviously had no business being alone. He was badly deformed,(pike from star trek bad) in a wheelchair and was mentally challenged as well. He waved at us when we sat down and smiled real big and said hi. We apparently had some form of conversation during our meal, but I couldn't understand most words he spoke, but he was smiling the whole time. I don't know why he was there alone in a mall.

When the server came with his bill, he fumbled with his wallet and pulled out some money, not knowing how much it was. "I've got this one, it has a five on it. And this one has the number one." The server told him several times it wasn't enough money and asked him to search his pockets for more. He wasn't fully understanding. Then she asked him three times if he had a credit or debit card. He wasn't comprehending and handed her his money. Her voice got louder as she explained to him it wasn't enough. She said she was done talking to him and she was going to get the manager.

I was pretty heated at this point and so was my wife. The manager on duty, some late teen punk comes storming out of the kitchen and I stopped him before he got to the table. I stood up and told him to settle the F down and I'd pay for his meal and to go back doing whatever he was doing. I told he and the server you don't talk like that to someone who has the challenges he does. Are you effin kidding me? I also told them I was filing a complaint with the ADA on that guy's behalf, which I've already done.

We helped wheel him out and stayed with him till his ride came to pick him up five minutes later. I don't think he understood what happened, but I finallly figured out his name was Darryl. This under twenty generation better figure out how to talk to talk to people and how to deal with adversity. But they can get their ears gauged and look unemployable

It was nothing to help this guy out, just freakin nine dollars, so no big deal at all. I'm just steamed that I had to witness such an attrocity. I'm mad at BWW and whoever dropped him off and left him alone. His diminished mental capacity could have endangered him at some point.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Fawker
Prove it honkey

Fawker posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFawker posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: People these days

how was he able to order his food?
Fawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
The Real JW
High School Starter

The Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this board

I was expecting the story to be that the waitress tricked the guy into overpaying for his meal. Customer service in the US is just shitty. But that does seem like an underlying issue with the younger generation. They don't seem to be very capable when it comes to things like interpersonal interaction or just having empathy for others.
The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

it is a weak era for households, seriously though today's youth aren't connected to their communities in a meaningful way. But i don't put the blame soley on them, there is a long line of blame that can go around in situations like this but to the OP for handling the situation.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I too am wondering what he was doing by himself.

But don't give me this the youth are messed up bullshit. I get so tired of hearing the exact same thing that your parents said, and their parents before them, etc. I meet assholes of every singe age all the damn time.

Good on you for doing the right thing in picking up the check.

The unfortunate thing is that most people don't have any idea what it's like to live with the challenges that he and many others live with. I don't, nor do you, or any of us but the key is having empathy. What I see around me is people focused only on their own immediate bubble. They can't get out of their own head. It's a shame really. Even something as simple as holding a door for someone... very few seem to understand.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did your wife put out?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
I also told them I was filing a complaint with the ADA on that guy's behalf, which I've already done.

I didn't know free meals at restaurants was included in the ADA.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I didn't know free meals at restaurants was included in the ADA.
But shaking down a handicap person isn't Every restaurant has some margin for happy hour, 1/2 meals, dissatisfied customers,etc. It was a bad situation that was made worse by a poorly run mgmt and wait staff.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: