Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: Ring-chasing is such a stupid term

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Top 3 this? Top 5 that? That is all fanspeak. Players don't sit around ranking each other and decide who they want to play with based on that.
    Please. Everyone knew Lebron was the best. Wade was top 3.
    Those numbers weren't decided by me. Ask anyone in the forum and they'll tell you the same.

That's how ridiculous it is. Best player in the whole nba goes ringchasing and jumps into another top 3 player's team.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

lol, it's really not that serious. i'd understand if they were unbeatable and the next 10 years were theirs, but that's not even close to being the case.... they're beatable.

NBA rookie of the year

Top 3 this? Top 5 that? That is all fanspeak. Players don't sit around ranking each other and decide who they want to play with based on that.
    TRUTH.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Those numbers weren't decided by me. Ask anyone in the forum and they'll tell you the same.

That's how ridiculous it is. Best player in the whole nba goes ringchasing and jumps into another top 3 player's team.
    Call it what you will. Top 3 player is subjective. There are any number of players that were playing up to Wade's level at that time. I don't think players sit around and rank each other. That's fanspeak.

I just don't subscribe to assigning a derogatory status to a goal that should be the goal of every player. There are star players every year that would rather choose max money over putting themselves in the best possible position to win. I respect the guys more who "ring chase" than the ones that choose to line their pockets instead, but it seems to be the other way around with you.

It seems to me that you're saying that players can want to win, but they shouldn't go to any and all measures to do it. Like you're saying it's the free agent's responsibility to preserve the competitive balance of the league by not going to a stacked team. Go to a less "stacked" team and earn it the right way, right?
    Last edited by Goldrush25; 04-26-2013 at 12:09 PM.

I'm sorry your team tried to "ring chase" and failed

Not airballing my layups anymore uoykcuf's Avatar

How to decide? How about when the Top 1 player in the league joins a top 3 and also has another top 5 PF? All in their prime?

It's pretty clear these 3 in their prime is much more stacked than even the celtics, who were all in their late thirties, none in their prime.
    I know you are what others refer to as a "troll" but just out of curiosity, what are your aspirations in life? Hah, every few times I've browsed through here you are in thread after thread trying to talk yourself out of accepting reality.

I happen to like and respect both Kobe and LeBron, but why on Earth do you spend so much of your time (time=money) bashing a potential top 3 GOAT player (if he stays healthy and continues playing like he has)? Are you just a fan of Kobe and seeing this man overcome all odds and live up to the hype really bothers you?

Fact is, when LeBron joined the Heat they had been knocked out in the first round of the playoffs in 5 games to Boston. Is it because LeBron joined them after Bosh? Would you have to go back to the drawing board and fix your nitpicking if LeBron was the one to announce it first?

Anyways, the team was not stacked, as it was essentially THEM...and 2 players that would have to play alongside them. They had many holes in the roster, most notably at C, but also PG (Chalmers has greatly improved since 2010). With the injuries they suffered last playoffs and the amount of pressure that was built upon LeBron...he willed his team to the Title, no other way around it.

Even so, Wade is NOT in his prime, nor was he when this team was formed. He hasn't been on the same level since he won his FMVP, albeit for stretches here and there. Bosh is an excellent player who is a great stretch 4...but he's never been a top 15 player, ever. Between 15-20 is much more realistic. So for instance, the Bulls were just as "stacked" as this current Heat roster, if not more. MJ>LJ, Pip>(current)DWade, Rodman>or=Bosh. Plus they had one of the best coaches to ever do it.

People on here (who have an agenda) seem to always overrate Wade and Bosh when attacking LeBron/Heat, but underrate them in every other scenario. A few threads up most folks are stating they'd rather have Rodman on their team. Another yet, discussing Wade's sub-par performances in the playoffs thus far (especially scoring wise, although he's making solid contributions in others aspects).

Lastly, feel free to keep criticizing "how" the team was formed since obviously that is where you believe you have leverage. Eh, even I feel a little of what you probably are too--like something is missing/an emptiness since the Mamba's been out. But if I could offer you a piece of friendly advice--it's okay to cut back on the hate, it might be hard at first, but it's okay to be a fan of(or at least respect) both of their games

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Same with the Kobetards just like yourself after the Lakers acquired Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Antwan Jamison in the off season.

Lakers Championship Cruise Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

At least Lebron won an NBA Championship with 2 NBA All Stars while Kobe failed to led the star studded Lakers. He still needed to play 48 minutes per game in the last few games of the regular season. And Kobe still led the league in Field goals attempts per game because he didn't trust his teammates.

LeBron, Wade and Bosh sacrifices their stats for the sake of winning an NBA title.

Before I dive into the rest of the above I just wanted to highlight this part.. "At least Lebron won an NBA Championship with 2 NBA All Stars" Are you kidding?

Please go ahead and find a post by me in that LA Champ Cruise thread.

Regardless, what happened to the lakers this year is due to a multitude of reasons.. you can point to 50 other things before naming kobe as a fault and any bipartisan NBA fan will be able to see that.

Really.. so they simultaneously but.... individually scarified in 2007 to sign shorter deals that magically were similar in nature. Then these multi-millionaires....separately and individually..... again sacrificed all while deciding to go to Miami...(the arm pit of America) and put their aspirations for greatness ahead of the all mighty dollar.

I'm starting to see your point.

I dont know why this is a fight... why can't the lebron side admit that Lebron did something unprecedented and took.. not the easy way, because you still have to actually win, but the easiER way.... and yes (as some posters have stated above) who wouldnt want an easier path to greatness.. however in the sports world (outside of the lebron bubble) ppl kinda saw that as cheating the system, the legends, the history of the game and the fans (outside of miami of course)

How to decide? How about when the Top 1 player in the league joins a top 3 and also has another top 5 PF? All in their prime?

It's pretty clear these 3 in their prime is much more stacked than even the celtics, who were all in their late thirties, none in their prime.

I have a simple question for you. Lets say Miami had Wade and Bosh...and then the next year gotten either...

CP3, D. WILL,or Howard (without Lebron).

Would that be fair to Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by rsoares28
    Before I dive into the rest of the above I just wanted to highlight this part.. "At least Lebron won an NBA Championship with 2 NBA All Stars" Are you kidding?

Please go ahead and find a post by me in that LA Champ Cruise thread.

Regardless, what happened to the lakers this year is due to a multitude of reasons.. you can point to 50 other things before naming kobe as a fault and any bipartisan NBA fan will be able to see that.

Really.. so they simultaneously but.... individually scarified in 2007 to sign shorter deals that magically were similar in nature. Then these multi-millionaires....separately and individually..... again sacrificed all while deciding to go to Miami...(the arm pit of America) and put their aspirations for greatness ahead of the all mighty dollar.

I dont know why this is a fight... why can't the lebron side admit that Lebron did something unprecedented and took.. not the easy way, because you still have to actually win, but the easiER way.... and yes (as some posters have stated above) who wouldnt want an easier path to greatness.. however in the sports world (outside of the lebron bubble) ppl kinda saw that as cheating the system, the legends, the history of the game and the fans (outside of miami of course)

he's just mad Cavs didn't make the playoffs.

"Ring chasing is not bad as long as you are part of it"

- Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

- Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

- Miami Heat
    Could you answer this too:

Lets say Miami had Wade and Bosh...and then the next year gotten either...

CP3, D. WILL,or Howard (without Lebron).

Would that be fair to Lebron?

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rsoares28

I'm not on any "side," well, except the side of common sense. If you have a goal, why would you not maximize your chances for success? If I were a free agent I'd look for the best opportunity to acheive my goal. I wouldn't intentionally handicap my chances just to appease some fans.

I'm not on any "side," well, except the side of common sense. If you have a goal, why would you not maximize your chances for success? If I were a free agent I'd look for the best opportunity to acheive my goal. I wouldn't intentionally handicap my chances just to appease some fans.
    i think lebron wanted wade and bosh to come to cleveland but they probably refused to live in cleveland. on top of that riley probably convinced him that he would keep putting great team around him till he plays for miami.

NBA Superstar

LeBron did what he was allowed to do by signing with Miami. It's not as if he broke rules or laws. That said, I think attaining a goal at all costs can be complicated when discussing team sport or competition with free agency outlets.

By that I mean, what we're dealing with here is a sport, and sports are generally based upon the idea of competition. Like, that's one of the primary focuses of it all - competing for wins and losses as a means of deciding who's best. This differs from, say, setting a goal to be the best teacher ever. Because in that endeavor, the primary focus is becoming a good teacher, not battling and defeating all other teachers.

Point is, I think a lot of non-LeBron haters (and non-Kobe lovers) had a problem with LeBron's move because it became relatively clear that NBA players were making enough money that no matter what, if they wanted, they'd have the option of taking "pay cuts" (i.e. getting paid $14 million per year instead of $15 million) in exchange for stacking their team as they pleased and challenging the whole point of sports in the first place.

Had the Heat experiment failed, I think a lot of us would have taken comfort in the idea that it's not that easy to bypass the primary premise of sports (like when the Yankees buy the market but cannot always win due to the many intricacies required for victory in baseball). However, it seems to have become clear that in this case, if millionaire NBA stars are truly willing, thwarting the idea of sport is a little easier than we ever imagined.

As I've said and acknowledged, super teams have come together throughout history through one means or another. But no one's ever made it seem so easy and accessible. I think the feeling of many is the best player in the game decided to do whatever he could to opt out of competition simply in the name of making it as easy as possible. And in sports, where the idea of competition is the whole point, it struck a lot of us in a funny manner.