How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default The Seattle Supersonics are officially dead.

Ballmer who just bought the Clippers was the guy who financially backed Hanson. With Ballmer now owning his own team Hanson has no financial backing to bring basketball back to Seattle.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Default Re: The Seattle Supersonics are officially dead.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Ballmer who just bought the Clippers was the guy who financially backed Hanson. With Ballmer now owning his own team Hanson has no financial backing to bring basketball back to Seattle.

Except his own financial backing?

I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility that Ballmer still moves the Clippers to Seattle if things go south in LA and/or a stadium progresses in Seattle.

He can't come out and say that he is going to move a team he buys and he also hasn't said that he won't move the team. He has simply said it would hurt the value to move it.

They've been dead since July 2013 I believe.

Since Seattle didn't Get a team back by 2013 (5 year window from 2008 when they left), frigging bubba Bennett owns the rights to the name and history and cannot share w/ the new Seattle team.

I hope I am wrong on this 1

Quote Originally Posted by 9512

Since Seattle didn't Get a team back by 2013 (5 year window from 2008 when they left), frigging bubba Bennett owns the rights to the name and history and cannot share w/ the new Seattle team.

1. Pretty sure Hansen is a billionaire.

2. If two NY billionaires are willing to buy a franchise in Milwaukee how many people do you think would be willing to back one in Seattle?

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Clippers are staying in L.A. unless he wants to devalue his team. Not happening. Maybe years from now, but I doubt it. Another team will have to move there not the Clippers.

I don't miss them, besides the kemp/payton era, they were forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    I don't miss them, besides the kemp/payton era, they were forgettable.
    I started watching NBA ball right when those guys were tearing it up but those who witnessed the sonics era prior to them will disagree that they were forgettable.

They were NBA champs in 1979 and gave all the Lakers could during the playoffs in the 1980s.

If the sonics are forgettable then so are 19 teams in the league who deserve to no longer exist/moved.

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    Except his own financial backing?

I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility that Ballmer still moves the Clippers to Seattle if things go south in LA and/or a stadium progresses in Seattle.

He can't come out and say that he is going to move a team he buys and he also hasn't said that he won't move the team. He has simply said it would hurt the value to move it.
    From a business perspective I don't see any logical appeal to shifting your market from LA to Seattle. I would be absolutely shocked if the Clippers ever leave Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    From a business perspective I don't see any logical appeal to shifting your market from LA to Seattle. I would be absolutely shocked if the Clippers ever leave Cali.
    You must not understand how poor the Clippers stadium agreement and TV deal is. Even if they are in LA, they are worth more in Seattle with afavorable TV and Arena deal. Plus Ballmer is so rich that if he wants to move to Seattle he will make it work.

He can't show his cards before his ownership is approved. If he were interested in moving them he wouldn't say it for a while after purchasing.

I hope I am wrong on this 1
    The historical rights to Seattle remains there and is controlled by the NBA Branding Agency.

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    The historical rights to Seattle remains there and is controlled by the NBA Branding Agency.
    I hope this is right.

I remember when Seattle mayor took that bribe. Bubba Bennet paid $45 million immediately then if Seattle didn't get a team back by 2013 bubba would chip in another $30 million.

The city of Seattle is $75 million richer. But no team for Seattle sonics fans.

I thought that 5 year window was meant to be a deadline for Seattle to keep its name, colors, and history.

Regard less, friging bubba Bennett gets to still share seattley's NBA history.
    Last edited by 9512; 05-30-2014 at 11:11 AM.

I hope this is right.

I remember when Seattle mayor took that bribe. Bubba Bennet paid $45 million immediately then if Seattle didn't get a team back by 2013 bubba would chip in another $30 million.

The city of Seattle is $75 million richer. But no team for Seattle sonics fans.

I thought that 5 year window was meant to be a deadline for Seattle to keep its name, colors, and history.

Regard less, friging bubba Bennett gets to still share seattley's NBA history.
    It's only the history and not the team name/colors. If they really want the history back, they'll get it anyways.