Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
swag2011
High School Starter

Default Do Bulls/Jordan fans like or dislike Kobe?

Most of the people on here that hate Kobe are Celtics/Clippers/Heat/Lebron fans.

I'm curious to know how do Bulls/Jordan fans feel about kobe? seeing how kobe obviously modeled his game after him and they get compared alot.

With the Bulls fans i met in real life, they are like split. Half like him, the other half hate him for "trying to be like MJ".

*and i'm NOT comparing nor saying Kobe is better, we all know Jordan is the GOAT*
swag2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Hands of Iron
[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Default Re: Do Bulls/Jordan fans like or dislike Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swag2011
Most of the people on here that hate Kobe are Celtics/Clippers/Heat/Lebron fans.

I'm curious to know how do Bulls/Jordan fans feel about kobe? seeing how kobe obviously modeled his game after him and they get compared alot.

With the Bulls fans i met in real life, they are like split. Half like him, the other half hate him for "trying to be like MJ".

*and i'm NOT comparing nor saying Kobe is better, we all know Jordan is the GOAT*

Generally, they have a bigger issue with his fanboys than they actually do with Kobe the basketball player from what I've seen.
Hands of Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Rubio2Gasol
Great college starter

I'm a Jordan fan and Kobe fan. Don't see why anyone who likes MJ wouldn't like Kobe to be honest.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
CAstill
The GOATS

Quote:

I'm a fan of both as well. They're both great.
CAstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
upside24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I'm a Jordan fan and Kobe fan. Don't see why anyone who likes MJ wouldn't like Kobe to be honest.
I am a fan of both as well. Two of my favorite players. However, even though Kobe is my favorite I am fully aware that Jordan was the superior player.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
TMacMagic
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Both are incredible players. Kobe fanboys are what I have a problem with.
TMacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
RazorBaLade
Banned

jordan fans should love kobe

they got to see a little worse version of their fav player for another 15 yrs
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Not sure why you think that is the case. Having lived through both players' respective careers, there really aren't too many similarities. Sure, they have some likenesses if you are looking strictly at the aesthetics of their games, but their careers were really nothing alike and, if you looked past the superficial, their games weren't all that similar either.

I'm not a fan of either, btw... But I respected both players.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron
Generally, they have a bigger issue with his fanboys than they actually do with Kobe the basketball player from what I've seen.

this

as unfair as it is to kobe...his fanboys make me dislike him more and more lol

im actually a huge fan of kobes game but his legion is absolutely ridiculous with their KOBE DA GAWD...HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWD agenda
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
StateOfMind12
Banned

I'm a Bulls fan and I like Kobe. I don't like his fans though.

I'm pretty sure just about everyone has more of a problem with Kobe's fans than they do with Kobe himself.

I'm also pretty sure that most Bulls fans do like Kobe but Jordan fans don't. Then again if you really think about someone is just a fanboy of one player isn't really going to like many other players and certainly not their fanbase.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Calabis
Good college starter

Quote:

I hate Kobefans, but not the player himself....I actually like watching him play, so much so I flew to Phoenix a few years back, just to watch him play live. Due to these on-going debates, it may appear he's hated, but if you like basketball, you have to acknowledge that he is one of the all time greats and one of/if not the best of his generation.
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
Rubio2Gasol
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not sure why you think that is the case. Having lived through both players' respective careers, there really aren't too many similarities. Sure, they have some likenesses if you are looking strictly at the aesthetics of their games, but their careers were really nothing alike and, if you looked past the superficial, their games weren't all that similar either.

I'm not a fan of either, btw... But I respected both players.

Well their aesthetic similarities are what make me lean towards this conclusion.But their attitudes, and aura's were similar as well, competitive spirit all that sort of shit , closing , you get a very similar vibe from both.

Their careers don't exactly mirror each other but they both won lol.

I disagree though, their game early in their respective careers was very similar...or well lets say at similar ages as time passed they both refined different areas of their game which made the whole Kobe = Lite Jordan a little obsolete.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I think that a lot of fans, not just Jordan/Bulls fans, resented Bryant for the way that he was so quickly elevated to Jordan comparisons so early in his career. It basically started around 2000 and most diehard NBA fans -- myself included -- thought that it was completely ridiculous.

I always thought that he was a great player and he certainly got better and better throughout the 00s, but all of the comparisons to Jordan were never really fair.

Again, not something that he could necessarily control... But that also wasn't strictly a "Kobe fanboys" thing. The media also really drove it into the ground. Not Kobe's fault, but then again, his mannerisms were eerily similar to MJ right from the start and it felt as though he was feeding into those (ridiculous) comparisons early in his career, whether he consciously was or not.

Like I said, I wasn't necessarily a "fan" of either Jordan or Bryant and I really had a lot more reasons to despise Jordan than dislike Kobe... The guy toyed with my hometown team virtually every season, and killed the hopes of some very good Cavs teams. But one could not help but admire the way Jordan played the game (nearly flawless).

Kobe is a guy that I've really grown to respect, because I see him as a bit of a throw-back in his attitude, the way he approaches the game and the relentlessness with which he goes at his opposition. It isn't the kind of lovey-dovey relationship that a lot of guys from this newfangled AAU generation partake in.

I respect both guys, but for completely different reasons.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-02-2012 at 09:28 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
scandisk_
Banned (lol)

Not counting a selected few, yes, MJ fans do love kobe and some are fans of LeBron too. I've seen some heated debates between MJ fans on Kobe and LeBron. Some preferred Kobe's clutch-gene and killer instincts while some favor LeBron's all-around game and overall impact.

Last edited by scandisk_ : 08-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #15
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

I like and respect all the great players. It's their fans that annoy me.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: