Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Default bye bye garnett....

i think its official......now its just a matter of time.....IMO its actually a great deal for all the teams involved.....

.....i just wish we had given atlanta odom, bynum, and #19 instead of allowing the suns to get garnett for amare......oh well.....

....i pretty depressed now, unless we trade kobe or get granger in the JO deal.....this year will suck.....

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ree_way_close/
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Default Re: bye bye garnett....

There's still a strong possibility that Indy trade will go through and we're definitely not going to war with the same line-up next year. From what I here Bird thinks highly of both Odom & Bynum and wants to boot Jo's @ss out of town which is all good for us getting back Jo,Tinsley, and Granger if possible. Keep the faith.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
gts
shhhhhhh

i just heard on the radio am 570 that the garnett deal is not 100% dead...here are the hold ups.... garnett wants an extension that would total 96 million over 4 years... but he won't waive the trade kicker in his contract? (not sure what that is... secondly the big salaries of troy hudson and marco jaric, are an issue....

that being said... ainge is in phoenix to meet with kerr and marion...

the holdup on the indy trade is that oneal has told bird he will opt out next year no matter where he is playing and will not sign an extension
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i just heard on the radio am 570 that the garnett deal is not 100% dead...here are the hold ups.... garnett wants an extension that would total 96 million over 4 years... but he won't waive the trade kicker in his contract

I've had all I can take with all these KG deals man this dude's worst than a chick (fickled minded) but according to Espn both the Laker deals are dead and I'll leave it that way...but if revitalized then we know Kobe's been doing some serious begging to KG and then we'll all "dance the night away".
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i just heard on the radio am 570 that the garnett deal is not 100% dead...here are the hold ups.... garnett wants an extension that would total 96 million over 4 years... but he won't waive the trade kicker in his contract? (not sure what that is... secondly the big salaries of troy hudson and marco jaric, are an issue....

that being said... ainge is in phoenix to meet with kerr and marion...

the holdup on the indy trade is that oneal has told bird he will opt out next year no matter where he is playing and will not sign an extension

thats bs.
that doesnt sound like garnett.
this guy took paycuts to bring in players.
garnett is making it hard to deal him.
what he is saying is that he wants an extension for 4 extra years that will pay him 24 mil each year.
A TRADE kicker is when or if kg gets traded he will get extra money. Like a bonus. its prob. like 10 mil.'kobe has one worth 13 mil.
if he were to get traded he gets an extra 13 mil added to his salary.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
no he restructured his contract and took more money in the first part of his contract so the timberwolves would have extra cap space a couple years later, it was not a paycut... the players association would not let him take a paycut... after this happened this loophole was also closed in the latest CBA
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
no he restructured his contract and took more money in the first part of his contract so the timberwolves would have extra cap space a couple years later, it was not a paycut... the players association would not let him take a paycut... after this happened this loophole was also closed in the latest CBA

wow ive been Deceived...lol
all this time i thought kg did take pay cuts...lol
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

- I think KG's trade kicker is between $10M and $20M if I am not mistaken, so its significant.

- I do tend to wonder if Kobe has been behind the scenes doing anything to lure a big name like KG or has he just been letting this fall apart so he can wash his hands of it??

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
thats bs.
that doesnt sound like garnett.
garnett is making it hard to deal him.
what he is saying is that he wants an extension for 4 extra years that will pay him 24 mil each year.
A TRADE kicker is when or if kg gets traded he will get extra money. Like a bonus. its prob. like 10 mil.'kobe has one worth 13 mil.
if he were to get traded he gets an extra 13 mil added to his salary.

here's an update to what i posted earlier... take it for what it's worth and a grain of salt but i actually heard the same thing on espn's game night a while ago so....

Quote:
…The problems continue to mount for the troubled Los Angeles Lakers. Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves, is headed to the Phoenix Suns; and now there are issues with a possible trade for Indiana Pacers center Jermaine O'Neal.

The Lakers-Minnesota deal seems dead for a number of reasons. The Lakers refused to take on 46-million dollars in contracts involving Troy Hudson and Marco Jarek. The Lakers asked Garnett to waive the 13-million dollar trade bonus clause, but the Minnesota star refused. Then Garnett asked the Lakers to tack on 2-additional years at 44-million dollars, that would brought the Lakers entire commitment to the 32-year old Minnesota star to 96-million dollars.

The Lakers attempts to lure Jermaine O'Neal from Indiana have issues now. O'Neal says he will opt out after the coming season regardless of where he plays, meaning the Lakers would risk trading starters Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum, and having the 7-foot O'Neal for l-season.

Lakers GM-Mitch Kupchack says there will be no panic in the front office, and he expects now to use the 19th-40th and 48th picks tomorrow if a trade cannot get done. And Kupchack says the Lakers will not draft a point guard at 19 because of the thin crop, but will spend their 5.6-million exception on a veteran point guard. 7-foot Colorado State forward Jason Smith, 6-10 Duke power forward Josh McRoberts and 6-10 troubled Boston College shot blocker Sean Williams could be their choice.

The Toronto Raptors reportedly were interested in offering Luke Walton a 5-year-32 million dollar deal in a sign and trade with the Lakers.

...The Phoenix Suns apparently are attempting to close a deal for Garnett by 4pm tomorrow before the draft. The Suns were talking this morning with both Boston and Atlanta about a 3-way deal with Minnesota.

The Suns are offering Amare Stoudemire to Atlanta. Minnesota would wind up with the Hawks 3rd pick, the Suns 24th and 28th picks, and Atlanta's number 1-pick next year, plus Kurt Thomas and Marvin Williams in the deal. The Suns would then acquire Garnett.

The Suns-Boston-Minnesota deal took a strange twist, when Celtics coach Danny Ainge arrived in Phoenix today for face-to-face meetings with GM-Steve Kerr. The Celtics were willing to give Shawn Marion a 'max contract' to accept a trade. Minnesota would wind up with Boston's 5th pick, the Suns 24th and 28th picks, plus the Suns number 1-next year, and the 20-million in expiring contracts of Kurt Thomas and Wally Szerbiak.

http://www.570klac.com/cc-common/mai...rticle=1583850
Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

^ just remember the source... Lee "hacksaw" Hamilton.... he has yet to be right!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #11
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
^ just remember the source... Lee "hacksaw" Hamilton.... he has yet to be right!

lol so far so does everyone else..... that's why i said take it with a grain of salt...

i guess the suns deal is dead in the water too now.... so it will be back to square one after the draft....
Old 06-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #12
m1sterb
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
- I think KG's trade kicker is between $10M and $20M if I am not mistaken, so its significant.

- I do tend to wonder if Kobe has been behind the scenes doing anything to lure a big name like KG or has he just been letting this fall apart so he can wash his hands of it??

That does really make you wonder, I agree. He's so done with the lakers, yet I just don't see mgmt trading him. And if he stays, I certainly don't see him gunning for next years scoring title. Being a laker fan just sucks right now.

I need a new jersey to pimp and number 24 just doesn't feel comfortable anymore.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #13
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
That does really make you wonder, I agree. He's so done with the lakers, yet I just don't see mgmt trading him. And if he stays, I certainly don't see him gunning for next years scoring title. Being a laker fan just sucks right now.

I need a new jersey to pimp and number 24 just doesn't feel comfortable anymore.
well if he's still here try odoms... he's a class act who as we have seen does give the game his all...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #14
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
odoms... he's a class act who as we have seen does give the game his all...

couldnt agree with you more.....i really respect lamar odom
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #15
m1sterb
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well if he's still here try odoms... he's a class act who as we have seen does give the game his all...

A number 7?

The guy is capable of giving it his all this is true. However, how often have we seen that? And yeah it was the playoffs, and yeah it mattered immensely. But you can't just forget all the other times when he just disappeared.

It's easier to appreciate Odom's attitude right now as its not game time in the 4th. I like the person, just not sold on his game.

I could get a magic johnson jersey. There's the class and the flash..
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: