Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #16
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

Default Re: Marc Gasol's draft profile..

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
are you possibly admitting that mitch might have had a good draft.....

im not sure if you're one of the guys who likes to bash mitch or not......but for those who do.....i think its fair to say he had a pretty good draft......so stop hatin'.....

as much as I disagree with you in most other subjects
I must admit Mitch actually had a decent pick

I am content with the 1st pick, big PG who is quick, and the exciting part is that he is only 19, while I'm sure he'll be getting some minutes later in the season

Sun Ye is a pick I can live with, he has the handling skills and the basketball IQ, but not NBA ready as he doesn't have much of scoring or defensive ability, but then just like Most international players, if he puts some weight on and learn how to shoot the 3s, I can see a little bit of Luke Walton in him.
A pass first SF

Marco Gasol will most likely never be great in the NBA, but he is 7'1
for the 48th pick and our current roster, not a bad pick
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:28 AM   #17
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
as much as I disagree with you in most other subjects
I must admit Mitch actually had a decent pick

I am content with the 1st pick, big PG who is quick, and the exciting part is that he is only 19, while I'm sure he'll be getting some minutes later in the season

Sun Ye is a pick I can live with, he has the handling skills and the basketball IQ, but not NBA ready as he doesn't have much of scoring or defensive ability, but then just like Most international players, if he puts some weight on and learn how to shoot the 3s, I can see a little bit of Luke Walton in him.
A pass first SF

Marco Gasol will most likely never be great in the NBA, but he is 7'1
for the 48th pick and our current roster, not a bad pick

im glad you've come over to the dark side and agree with me....hahaha
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #18
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
are you possibly admitting that mitch might have had a good draft.....

im not sure if you're one of the guys who likes to bash mitch or not......but for those who do.....i think its fair to say he had a pretty good draft......so stop hatin'.....

i think he got steals for 19th and 48th.

let me talk on the 40th.
idk yet.
but he actually had a really good draft.

MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:23 AM   #19
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

if Lakers had pick up Byars, then we'd most likely have to package him in a trade
since we can't have him playing oversea
and I don't think Byars would be any immediate help,
I suppose Sun Ye was the right choice
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:45 AM   #20
IowaCenralChump
Saw a basketball once

Im really kinda anxious to see Gasol the 2nd on the Court, curious to see if he's half of what his brother is..... All I know is he's on tall mother ****er with a talented brother, so who knows.... Im excited to see what comes of him... glad we got him.... also anxious to see what we should expect from this chinease guy.... I like when the lakers draft foreigners because look what it did for San Antonio.... Im hopin we get lucky like them one of these times.
IowaCenralChump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 AM   #21
GoldMedallist
I rule the local playground

Well, I didn't expect Marc to be 48, you had a good pick on him, was supposed to go earlier.

Now let's talk a bit about him. I have seen Marc playing for three years, and I can tell you some interesting things about him:

1: He is NOT like his brother. Marc is a pure center, he certainly can pass the ball and have good hands, but not the mobility of Pau.

2: He needs physical work. He may need more strengh and a little more quickness for NBA, but he can adquire it with a year training, and believe me, he is a hard-worker.

3: Marc has improved A LOT in one year, passing from a bench player (10 minutes a game) to one of the best centers in ACB in only one year. He can, and he will, become much better.

4: He is a winner. At the finals, people said that Schortsanidis will probably score 30 or more points cause Marc won't be able to stop him anytime... you can ask what happened.

Conclusion: You fans will need a bit of patience with him, he may not be great
his rrokie year, but give him credit. You will probably get surprised.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
Well, I didn't expect Marc to be 48, you had a good pick on him, was supposed to go earlier.

Now let's talk a bit about him. I have seen Marc playing for three years, and I can tell you some interesting things about him:

1: He is NOT like his brother. Marc is a pure center, he certainly can pass the ball and have good hands, but not the mobility of Pau.

2: He needs physical work. He may need more strengh and a little more quickness for NBA, but he can adquire it with a year training, and believe me, he is a hard-worker.

3: Marc has improved A LOT in one year, passing from a bench player (10 minutes a game) to one of the best centers in ACB in only one year. He can, and he will, become much better.

4: He is a winner. At the finals, people said that Schortsanidis will probably score 30 or more points cause Marc won't be able to stop him anytime... you can ask what happened.

Conclusion: You fans will need a bit of patience with him, he may not be great
his rrokie year, but give him credit. You will probably get surprised.

I completely agree.

Also it's arguable to say that FIBA competition is much tougher than NBA because with FIBA you're dealing with the best from each country.

Shoot our USA guys can't take the gold anymore
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: