Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #16
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Default Re: Stevie franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
rockets - mike james, luther head, alston r all better than farmar........ n its not even close, head is prolly the worst outta that group n we were tryna get him, so that should tell u sumn

lol...
damn.
but thats one team.
and its only because they are going to trade thier guards.
they picked up another pg in the draft.
plus Luther and Mike james are small sg's.
I dont think Alston is better than Farmar.well right now but he is getting old and he doesnt do anything.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #17
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
rockets - mike james, luther head, alston r all better than farmar........ n its not even close, head is prolly the worst outta that group n we were tryna get him, so that should tell u sumn

i disagree.....you will be proven wrong once farmar starts to get real playing time throughout the season....
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
dblockallstars
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
i disagree.....you will be proven wrong once farmar starts to get real playing time throughout the season....
I'm not a genius @ evaluating talent really, but when u have a so called "good" or "decent" pg, do u really draft another 1 w/ ur 1st round pick n engage in conversations 2 get another 1 from Houston???
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #19
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ESPN has reported that the Portland Traiblazers will be buying out Steve Francis's contrat, making him a free agent.... Is this a player the lakers should be looking at? i'm not sure myself, but he did express last week he'd enjoy having kobe play in NEW York with him... of course at the time he probably thought he'd be in NEW York if kobe got there...lol

Let's get him, he couldn't make things any worse.....at least he's been an all-star.....maybe it'd work.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #20
LA.MJ&KB#1
Decent college freshman

Farmar, will be a great PG just wait and see. This guy knows how to win ball games and time will show all.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #21
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Farmar, will be a great PG just wait and see. This guy knows how to win ball games and time will show all.

Well...it won't hurt to have a vet.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #22
Jimmy2k8
NBA lottery pick

Isn't Steve Francis labeled as a ball hog? He dribbles the ball too much and thats related to ball hogging. I rather not see Steve Francis in LA, if Kobe is not traded. Kobe Bryant>Steve Francis
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Isn't Steve Francis labeled as a ball hog? He dribbles the ball too much and thats related to ball hogging. I rather not see Steve Francis in LA, if Kobe is not traded. Kobe Bryant>Steve Francis

wow...
Kobe>Francis

i dont know about that one.

=)
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #24
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
I'm not a genius @ evaluating talent really, but when u have a so called "good" or "decent" pg, do u really draft another 1 w/ ur 1st round pick n engage in conversations 2 get another 1 from Houston???

me either.

but correct me if im wrong.
but doesnt huston have 3 pg's like you said?
they have alston,James,head?
and lets not forget john lucas?
they traded for a pg.
they also drafted a pg.
so they got 5.
imo farmar will be better than these guys.idk bout head. maybe he blows up. but james is already going downhill.he if not is past his prime, already heading down that road.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #25
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Francis is better than any of the point gaurds that LA has had in recent years so I would say do it at this point. Here's the main thing with Francis that I think a lot of people don't think about enough. He was benched in New York which is a huge blow to someones ego. He has something to prove. He is going to come out this season for whatever team he plays for and is going to give 110% in order to win. This guy definately has some gas left in the tank. While he may not be a perfect fit in LA, he may just be the best available option at this point. Especially if he can be picked up for an affordable price. For 2 - 5 million (assuming he is bought out) where are you going to get a better point gaurd? I would take my chances there rather than with Smush.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #26
ZeN
Stormblessed

While Stevee cannot be considered a scrub player, there is no way he should get the MLE. When you ponder this, all your thinking of is his name and what he MIGHT do in the future.. not necessariliry what weve seen of him lately. I mean you cant say that he was great with NY even if he did have his moments.

Im sure if you pause for a moment and think of all the available guys in the NBA.. there are better player that you could spend the MLE on.

Im not saying that Steve aint worth being in the roster, im just saying that hes not worth a great significant amount cash.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Francis is better than any of the point gaurds that LA has had in recent years so I would say do it at this point. Here's the main thing with Francis that I think a lot of people don't think about enough. He was benched in New York which is a huge blow to someones ego. He has something to prove. He is going to come out this season for whatever team he plays for and is going to give 110% in order to win. This guy definately has some gas left in the tank. While he may not be a perfect fit in LA, he may just be the best available option at this point. Especially if he can be picked up for an affordable price. For 2 - 5 million (assuming he is bought out) where are you going to get a better point gaurd? I would take my chances there rather than with Smush.

Not thats stating it in a correct way... "better than smush"... oh hellz yes..
Old 06-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1

I think you are completely correct on this...

However, I really hope that he actually gets the opportunity to grow into his position and becomes what his potential shows..

I hope they dont have him start games, then see that hes struggling a bit, and then go in a different direction, there for stalling his developement.

I think that is why its easier for picks that go to awful teams, teams that have no one else... they let the player just play, play, and then grown into mature NBA ballplayer....

Not that its gonna be easy with Farmar, but I think sticking with him, we will surely see progress..

The same goes for Turiaf.. now call me a nutzo but I think he could become a poor mans ( a very poor man...) Ben Wallace... well actually with a better potential for scoring

Last edited by ZeN : 06-29-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #29
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I think you are completely correct on this...

However, I really hope that he actually gets the opportunity to grow into his position and becomes what his potential shows..

I hope they dont have him start games, then see that hes struggling a bit, and then go in a different direction, there for stalling his developement.

I think that is why its easier for picks that go to awful teams, teams that have no one else... they let the player just play, play, and then grown into mature NBA ballplayer....

Not that its gonna be easy with Farmar, but I think sticking with him, we will surely see progress..

The same goes for Turiaf.. now call me a nutzo but I think he could become a poor mans ( a very poor man...) Ben Wallace... well actually with a better potential for scoring

he is already a better scorer than Ben.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #30
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
he is already a better scorer than Ben.

Yes sir.. I guess he already is!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: