Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #16
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Thoughts on Earl Boykins as a Pacer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
They could also trade them for a center.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #17
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Roy Hibbert would be a good addition, IMO. I don't think Harrison's a starter, and that would give Indiana one tough and rough combo of Diogu and Hibbert for the future, and Harrison could come off the bench. Trade O'Neal and try and get some more young pieces. A future point guard without much money invested in him to train and possibly take over the PG spot would be a good way to go. Could Diener possibly start 82 games someday?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #18
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Roy Hibbert would be a good addition, IMO. I don't think Harrison's a starter, and that would give Indiana one tough and rough combo of Diogu and Hibbert for the future, and Harrison could come off the bench. Trade O'Neal and try and get some more young pieces. A future point guard without much money invested in him to train and possibly take over the PG spot would be a good way to go. Could Diener possibly start 82 games someday?
Whoa whoa whoa, you're going the wrong way here... Tinsley is OUR PG. We don't need anymore PGs. I really don't think Diener is quite ready for 25+ minutes a night right now... NO, Harrison is not even close to being our starter right now, he's behind Foster/ONeal/and Murphy right now in that position most nights. Though he has been getting more minutes, with O'Neal and Murph playing a lot of time at the 4.

We need a strong veteran center, we don't need to get any younger with this core that we have right now. We have enough youth, so I don't like Hibbert here, I don't wanna go that route.

Maybe make a deal for Brendan Haywood or Kurt Thomas or something like that...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #19
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Whoa whoa whoa, you're going the wrong way here... Tinsley is OUR PG. We don't need anymore PGs. I really don't think Diener is quite ready for 25+ minutes a night right now... NO, Harrison is not even close to being our starter right now, he's behind Foster/ONeal/and Murphy right now in that position most nights. Though he has been getting more minutes, with O'Neal and Murph playing a lot of time at the 4.

We need a strong veteran center, we don't need to get any younger with this core that we have right now. We have enough youth, so I don't like Hibbert here, I don't wanna go that route.

Maybe make a deal for Brendan Haywood or Kurt Thomas or something like that...

lol okay catz, but Brendan Haywood and Kurt Thomas won't be too much of an upgrade. Hibbert's a senior, too, so he's probably ready go right now. And I didn't mean go all Derrick Rose or nothing, but Tinsley's not exactly made it to every game in his career. I think they need some kind of backup, or else they're going downhill, because if Diener can't handle the team if something goes down, then they're pretty much screwed.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #20
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
lol okay catz, but Brendan Haywood and Kurt Thomas won't be too much of an upgrade. Hibbert's a senior, too, so he's probably ready go right now. And I didn't mean go all Derrick Rose or nothing, but Tinsley's not exactly made it to every game in his career. I think they need some kind of backup, or else they're going downhill, because if Diener can't handle the team if something goes down, then they're pretty much screwed.
True, but it's hard to go 3 or 4 deep at every postion... We actually have some pretty decent depth, and I really think that the Pacers are set at that position, I don't see them wanting to tweak anything too much, I think they're happy with what they've got. I think they're gonna direct their attention to other positions first...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #21
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
True, but it's hard to go 3 or 4 deep at every postion... We actually have some pretty decent depth, and I really think that the Pacers are set at that position, I don't see them wanting to tweak anything too much, I think they're happy with what they've got. I think they're gonna direct their attention to other positions first...

them using daniels as the backup pg has been working out nicely. the only problem is i don't know how diener is gonna fit in all this. he's probably dying to get on to the floor for some PT.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #22
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
them using daniels as the backup pg has been working out nicely. the only problem is i don't know how diener is gonna fit in all this. he's probably dying to get on to the floor for some PT.
Every time I see him get out on the court he always seems to make some sort of immediate impact. He's usally comes in and makes a shot or two in his short amount of PT as of late...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #23
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Every time I see him get out on the court he always seems to make some sort of immediate impact. He's usally comes in and makes a shot or two in his short amount of PT as of late...

ya gotta love him!

Last edited by jbot : 12-19-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:

I was talkin about diener! LOL!

fixed! :
Old 12-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #25
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
fixed! :
Nice

No, I really wasn't sure how Tinsley would actually play this year, I'm so glad that he's playing superb, I just thought we were gonna see a lot of Diener. TBH, I thought he was gonna have a breakout year. I see him as a Mark Price type.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Nice

No, I really wasn't sure how Tinsley would actually play this year, I'm so glad that he's playing superb, I just thought we were gonna see a lot of Diener. TBH, I thought he was gonna have a breakout year. I see him as a Mark Price type.

i can see that. we went thru the trouble of getting him signed to indy and he was highly under used in ORL. now he's under used w/ us. he's a better shooter and quicker than daniels but we're winning so i can't really complain.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #27
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
i can see that. we went thru the trouble of getting him signed to indy and he was highly under used in ORL. now he's under used w/ us. he's a better shooter and quicker than daniels but we're winning so i can't really complain.
Pretty much, I just hope we hang on to this guy, let him develop under us.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Pretty much, I just hope we hang on to this guy, let him develop under us.

they didn't even start him vs. phi tonight. i doubt if he'll even come off the bench and play at all. wth is going on?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: