Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Bickerstaff Chat. Intersting Stuff.

Quote:
Ed: There has been rumors about a Wells signing. How much of this is true?
Bernie Bickerstaff: We're having some ongoing conversations with his agents and we are scheduled to have a sitdown with Bonzi and our staff tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Brad, Charlotte, NC: Hey Bernie, I was just wondering what the status of Melvin Ely was. Does he factor into the team's plans for this coming year, or is it more likely that he will be traded? Thanks!

Bernie Bickerstaff: We're in the process of considering a sign and trade with Melvin. If we can't pull that off, we would not be unhappy at all, if he was still with us. The problem with us now, is the minutes at that position. We also signed Walter Herrmann. And Melvin is a restricted free agent. So, we'll see.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kellie (Summerfield, NC): How do you plan on using Walter Herrmann?

Bernie Bickerstaff: Walter is a three or four. He can shoot the basketball. We've got 16 guaranteed contracts, and we want to make this a competitive training camp. We'll have an open mind and see what happens. Walter has talent. He's a good shooter, who can create spacing for some of our bigs.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Bruce (Harrisburg): Please touch on the health of Emeka Okafor and Sean May. Has Emeka's ankle completely healed and did Sean May have any swelling in his knee during summer league.

Bernie Bickerstaff: As we speak, I was looking out the window watching Emeka work out. His ankle is fine, his weight is down and his quickness is back. He's healthy and looks good. Sean played five consecutive days in the Summer League and had no problems. Sean is back at UNC getting his degree, and he's really working on his game too. I'm very proud of the progress and work ethic of both players.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Herbstreit (Charlotte): What has been the biggest change since Michael Jordan became part of the Bobcats management?

Bernie Bickerstaff: Not too much, just the fact that we have compatibility with a great NBA guy like Michael. I've been involved with guys like Lenny Wilkens, top NBA guys before, and they understand our league and are just invaluable in their help. Michael is a tremendous asset, a great presence and we're all on the same page in making the Bobcats better.

Some pretty good things in there. Looks like we have a 16 man roster rather than a 15 man which is good. This opens a lot more options for decisions on guys like Ely, Wells and others that Bernie may be interested in.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Question

Who is the 16th man on the roster? Are they referring to Ely? I thought that he hadn't signed a contract yet.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Exactly. I think right now they're looking to fill that final position. Whether it be Ely, Wells, or someone else.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: