Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Dance with the Devil deepest rap ever?

I'm not sure what is the deepest rap song ever, but "Dance with the Devil" is certainly one of the deepest released.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
What do you mean it doesn't make you think? It has a lot of emotion, is very illustrative of several problems faced by youth in America, and it ends with the absolute decimation of a persons livelihood. If you can't find anything to think about, then you are just not trying.
It's very straightforward and easy to decipher. Could have been delivered in a more creative, complex manner.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #18
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lmao dumbsh!t it is most certainly not the deepest rap song ever.

something htat makes u cringe at the lack of humanity.. perhaps.. but like otehrs have stated it is straightforward az hell.

heck here's a handful that beats it for "deep" hell even freakin wu-tang clang triumph first verse is "deeper" than that. so is jedi mind tricks uncommon valor's second verse.

ras kass - nature of the threat
mos def - mathematics
lots of stuff by mf doom
lots of stuff by aesop rock
a few things by nas
a moderate amount of things by tech n9ne

yadda yadda
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #19
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dem 5th ward nikka (Geto Boys) had a joint called: "My Mind's Playin Tricks on Me"

That shit is some Jacques Cousteau, James Cameron special submarine type deep shizz.

I sit alone in my four corner room starin at candles...
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #20
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI3ulDAJOMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8wNnA4tSw

and if you can keep up with him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qz2MfXTsk0
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #21
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation

Cannibal Ox - Pigeon

Killah Priest - From Then Til Now

Last edited by stax : 07-27-2012 at 04:12 AM.
stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #22
xfactor99
I hit open layups

xfactor99 has an OK reputation so far

Dance with the Devil is the underground I Used to Love H.E.R.
xfactor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor99
Dance with the Devil is the underground I Used to Love H.E.R.
i don't get the fascination with these songs. neither of em moved me, so they ain't worth shiet.

op, go listen to black star and enlighten yourself.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
lmao dumbsh!t it is most certainly not the deepest rap song ever.

something htat makes u cringe at the lack of humanity.. perhaps.. but like otehrs have stated it is straightforward az hell.

heck here's a handful that beats it for "deep" hell even freakin wu-tang clang triumph first verse is "deeper" than that. so is jedi mind tricks uncommon valor's second verse.

ras kass - nature of the threat
mos def - mathematics
lots of stuff by mf doom
lots of stuff by aesop rock
a few things by nas
a moderate amount of things by tech n9ne

yadda yadda
you really think jedi mind tricks make deep rap? not just a-b-c rap??

mathematics is meh for me, I think Mos Def or whatever he's called right now lacks the appeal. MF doom is also kind of alienating, and his tracks are rrraw for a nice song. For a deep hip hop, give me Nas, Tupac or guy like Masta Ace...

and on the dance with the devil... I hate listening to that song, but it's very hard to turn off. My legs get like full of lead and I'm experiencing some kind of body-pertaining authentic emotion that is hard to describe... And it's awful, but also funny at the same time. I wouldn't call the song deep, just really, really effective emotionally. It's the bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
i don't get the fascination with these songs. neither of em moved me, so they ain't worth shiet.

op, go listen to black star and enlighten yourself.
Blackstar as in Talib and Mos?
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

"I Who Have Nothing" by Jedi Mind Tricks is 10x more deep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_LO9Zkxp0
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: