Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 03-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default roster

can anyone give us a complete & accurate rundown of the entire rosters salary and length of contracts?

i believe we have klieiza one more year on a small contract- as well as chuckyatkins for 1 more year at a good number- like 1.5m?

najera to be a ufa ?

is jr a ufa or rfa ?

iverson has a choice of an opt out- or how long is the contract?

melo and nene at least four more years- camby 2 more?

kmart 2-3 more years at big money

g karl 2-3-4? more years???
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
CAAIDN
High School Starter

Default Re: roster

Denver Nuggets
Payroll: $83,018,428 Over Cap: $27,388,428
Roster

* Player
* Salary
* Yrs

* C. Anthony
* $13,041,250

* C. Atkins
* $3,000,000

* M. Camby
* $11,250,000

* A. Carter
* $770,610 - RFA

* Y. Diawara
* $687,456 - RFA

* T. Green
* $427,163

* S. Hunter
* $3,638,600

* A. Iverson
* $19,012,500 - RFA

* L. Kleiza
* $1,011,360

* K. Martin
* $13,250,000

* E. Najera
* $4,952,380 - RFA

* J. Smith
* $2,134,067 - RFA

*Nene
*$8,840,000

Last edited by CAAIDN : 03-23-2008 at 05:56 AM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

thank you-

now, what do you do with that?

i still believe the nuggets stand at least a 75% chance of making the playoffs o this day3-23, but either way---
it seems to be a pretty tricky roster to deal with-

sticking with the current group probobly means bringing in one role player free agent and losing one of najera/jr smith- possibly both

moving any one of the large contract players may necessitate shaking up the entire roster- i believe moving k-mart or iverson may need camby involved

say you are the gm of the nugs- what do you do with this sqaud, do you keep it intact or do you shakeup the roster?- who do you bring back? who do you trade? what are you looking for?

first off, maybe because i dont write the checks- i see no reason in paticular you need to try to cut salary cap space- we are too far over- it might? take years-however youd deifinitly want to have better cap management

in my mind the 4 building blocks to this teams future should melo,camby,nene, and jr smith- i also see bringing najera back as a no-brainer

klieza,atkins,steven hunter are all able to contibute on a winning team& are under great contracts and should be brought back- unless needed in a trade

& as minimum wage player i would bring back yakouba and have a non-gauranteed spot for ac as a 3rd/4th pg
so this leaves my team looking like this

pg-chucky atkins/ac
sg-jr smith/yakouba
sf- carmelo anthony/klieza
pf- nene/najera
c- marcus camby/hunter

that leaves iverson and kmart for me to trade and either 4,5,or six spots to fill

am i trying to blame them? - no , im just saying they are the chips that are worth something so im putting them on the table- but i say again i worry that camby would be the biggest chip possible in deals

but more importantly is what im looking for to add to the 8-10 i have-
1- a POINT GAURD
2- at least 1 pf and 1 c probobly a third other big(at least one of the as a 3 point shooter)
3-at least one more cosistant gaurd who can shoot and defend

i start the process nowing that there are 2-3 maybe a couple other gaurds in this years draft that i really like- and that there are some fa's i really want also
1-d rose memphis pks 1-2
1.5-r westbrook ucla pks 5-15
3- oj mayo usc pks 3-10

fa- favorites-ron artest -josh smith- ben gordon- jose calderon- bostjon nachbar- artest is an opt out ufa. is calderon ufa? the rest are rfa which would need sign&trades

i start the entire process on day 1 of free agency by expending the mid level exemption on micheal doleac and gerald green

heres the first trade i attempt to trade k-mart or iverson to the chicago bulls or the toronto raptors- i want hinrich or gordon or both- or jose calderon(*gordon and calderon are free agents*so these would be sign and trades)

heres how i market kmart to the anyone but the bulls specifically(and maybe the raptors,nets,knicks,la,atl)- is that kmart comes off the books in the year of lebron& dwade free agency- this also leads to packaging ai or camby (who come off the cap 1 year before that)

i would trade kmart straight up for- (if theres a taker)
kirk hinrich
jose calderon if rfa
ben gordon
lamar odom

i would package kmart and iverson together for-
hrich&gordon
josh smith& their 1st(#15-19)& atls garbage contracts
lamar odom and radmonivic

or heres where the shocker trade comes in

iverson- marbury& knicks choice of dlee or their 1st

this i believed is turned down and leads to adding kmart to this deal

ai and kmart packaged together to ny knicks for marbury and the #5 pick& jerome james who i cut

so id go iveron&kmart for either hinrich and gordon or marbury and dlee or the #5

the only way i EVER package camby is possibly- maybe
camby for josh smith
camby&ai for marbury dlee and#5
camby&ai&kmart for gordon/hinrich/tyrus t&#10ish pick

ok i have to pick-i traded ai and kmartfor hinrich&ty thomas&#10

heres my final roster i believe possible and perfect( i cant make you keep reading)
here is my training camp roster
pg-k hinrich
sg-jr smith
sf- melo
pf-nene
c-camby

najera
klieza
tyrus thomas
g green
chuck atkins
steven hunter
m doleac
ac
#10- haseem thabeet 7-2 c unconn
#14- russell westbrok 6-5 pg ucla
Old 03-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

AI puts 36 points vs toronto..11 out of 16 shooting...plus six assists

AI been carrying the nuggets this year..and without him the team is pure ****.

Last edited by francesco totti : 03-23-2008 at 07:24 PM.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
thank you-

now, what do you do with that?

i still believe the nuggets stand at least a 75% chance of making the playoffs o this day3-23, but either way---
it seems to be a pretty tricky roster to deal with-

sticking with the current group probobly means bringing in one role player free agent and losing one of najera/jr smith- possibly both

moving any one of the large contract players may necessitate shaking up the entire roster- i believe moving k-mart or iverson may need camby involved

say you are the gm of the nugs- what do you do with this sqaud, do you keep it intact or do you shakeup the roster?- who do you bring back? who do you trade? what are you looking for?

first off, maybe because i dont write the checks- i see no reason in paticular you need to try to cut salary cap space- we are too far over- it might? take years-however youd deifinitly want to have better cap management

in my mind the 4 building blocks to this teams future should melo,camby,nene, and jr smith- i also see bringing najera back as a no-brainer

klieza,atkins,steven hunter are all able to contibute on a winning team& are under great contracts and should be brought back- unless needed in a trade

& as minimum wage player i would bring back yakouba and have a non-gauranteed spot for ac as a 3rd/4th pg
so this leaves my team looking like this

pg-chucky atkins/ac
sg-jr smith/yakouba
sf- carmelo anthony/klieza
pf- nene/najera
c- marcus camby/hunter

that leaves iverson and kmart for me to trade and either 4,5,or six spots to fill

am i trying to blame them? - no , im just saying they are the chips that are worth something so im putting them on the table- but i say again i worry that camby would be the biggest chip possible in deals

but more importantly is what im looking for to add to the 8-10 i have-
1- a POINT GAURD
2- at least 1 pf and 1 c probobly a third other big(at least one of the as a 3 point shooter)
3-at least one more cosistant gaurd who can shoot and defend

i start the process nowing that there are 2-3 maybe a couple other gaurds in this years draft that i really like- and that there are some fa's i really want also
1-d rose memphis pks 1-2
1.5-r westbrook ucla pks 5-15
3- oj mayo usc pks 3-10

fa- favorites-ron artest -josh smith- ben gordon- jose calderon- bostjon nachbar- artest is an opt out ufa. is calderon ufa? the rest are rfa which would need sign&trades

i start the entire process on day 1 of free agency by expending the mid level exemption on micheal doleac and gerald green

heres the first trade i attempt to trade k-mart or iverson to the chicago bulls or the toronto raptors- i want hinrich or gordon or both- or jose calderon(*gordon and calderon are free agents*so these would be sign and trades)

heres how i market kmart to the anyone but the bulls specifically(and maybe the raptors,nets,knicks,la,atl)- is that kmart comes off the books in the year of lebron& dwade free agency- this also leads to packaging ai or camby (who come off the cap 1 year before that)

i would trade kmart straight up for- (if theres a taker)
kirk hinrich
jose calderon if rfa
ben gordon
lamar odom

i would package kmart and iverson together for-
hrich&gordon
josh smith& their 1st(#15-19)& atls garbage contracts
lamar odom and radmonivic

or heres where the shocker trade comes in

iverson- marbury& knicks choice of dlee or their 1st

this i believed is turned down and leads to adding kmart to this deal

ai and kmart packaged together to ny knicks for marbury and the #5 pick& jerome james who i cut

so id go iveron&kmart for either hinrich and gordon or marbury and dlee or the #5

the only way i EVER package camby is possibly- maybe
camby for josh smith
camby&ai for marbury dlee and#5
camby&ai&kmart for gordon/hinrich/tyrus t&#10ish pick

ok i have to pick-i traded ai and kmartfor hinrich&ty thomas&#10

heres my final roster i believe possible and perfect( i cant make you keep reading)
here is my training camp roster
pg-k hinrich
sg-jr smith
sf- melo
pf-nene
c-camby

najera
klieza
tyrus thomas
g green
chuck atkins
steven hunter
m doleac
ac
#10- haseem thabeet 7-2 c unconn
#14- russell westbrok 6-5 pg ucla

This was a COMPLETEwaste of typing stop wasting your time. What you said was complete nonsence. But its ok since you just want to see your name on the internet!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
CAAIDN
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

AI does not carry this team.We are in the same position that we were two years ago with Andre Miller.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
AI puts 36 points vs toronto..11 out of 16 shooting...plus six assists

If Iverson is carrying the team why is Carmelo drawing double teams AND shooting a higher %?
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAIDN
AI does not carry this team.We are in the same position that we were two years ago with Andre Miller.

exactly-

i wish iverson fan would atleast realise that we had something growing here-
Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
This was a COMPLETEwaste of typing stop wasting your time. What you said was complete nonsence. But its ok since you just want to see your name on the internet!

you make alot of great points yourself- thank you for not getting personal and keeping it all business

i was trying to get my thoughts out on the only professional sports team i follow and no i am no pro writer

you on the other hand seem very hypocritical on your "just wanting to see your name on the intrnet" - you made no point whatsoever but to call something stupid- that would seem like wasting time to me

you are also an idiot to quote the entire long long post if you werent really addressing it- you waste others time and space

you got your name out there so good work-
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #10
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
you make alot of great points yourself- thank you for not getting personal and keeping it all business

i was trying to get my thoughts out on the only professional sports team i follow and no i am no pro writer

you on the other hand seem very hypocritical on your "just wanting to see your name on the intrnet" - you made no point whatsoever but to call something stupid- that would seem like wasting time to me

you are also an idiot to quote the entire long long post if you werent really addressing it- you waste others time and space

you got your name out there so good work-

Don't want Kirk! Point one... All those stupid trades you suggested WON'T work because of salary cap issues. Next time you want to discuss your possible trades go to ESPN.COM and try their TRADE MACHINE.. Put the players you want in it and see if the numbers work..THEN discuss it!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: