Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: T.J. Ford done for season. Update: He's retiring from basketball

Impromptu press conference from earlier today. Does a lot of reflecting.

He's a 5'11" PG who can dunk. I respect that. 28 yrs.old is still young.

T.J. Ford done for season. Update: He's retiring from basketball Update: T.J. Ford has been arrested for selling drugs. Update: He's been sentenced to 8 years in prison. Update: TJ Ford just broke out of prison. Update: T.J. Ford has signed with the L.A. Clippers

Update.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Three years, escalates with more service time obviously. Can start collecting at 50. And the NBA matches 401k's up to 140%.
    thanks

remember reading a while ago about sweat pea lloyd daniels and article mentioned the nba pension

figured the tj came back to qualify, but he was already vested

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's a 5'11" PG who can dunk. I respect that. 28 yrs.old is still young.
    Spurs fan here and I didn't have a clue TJ was 28. Sad that he has to call it a career so early. And especially when we have no proven backup PG.

Such a shame, he showed such promise before his first injury.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Spurs fan here and I didn't have a clue TJ was 28. Sad that he has to call it a career so early. And especially when we have no proven backup PG.
    I know right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    I know right.
    I don't think that's a problem at all. Manu is an amazing playmaker and Neal can play the PG very well too.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    I hear Will Bynum might be on the block.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    I don't think that's a problem at all. Manu is an amazing playmaker and Neal can play the PG very well too.
    Yeah they have been playing without T.J. Ford pretty much anyway. Manu minutes are very limited, but I'm sure they will make it work. This will give Gary Neal, Kawhi, and Danny Green more playing time, which they've earned.

wow the guy is only 28. Why is he retiring already?!!

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    wow the guy is only 28. Why is he retiring already?!!
    So he doesn't end up in a wheelchair or worse.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

does anybody think that his inury(ies) could have been lessened if he wore padded under gear?

under armour makes compression gear with padding sewn into it....

I've seen the hip protection but do they make tanks with rib and spine padding?

I think they should..... early in wade's career...I predicted that he'd played 5 years max...because he got airborne in weird positions so often

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    does anybody think that his inury(ies) could have been lessened if he wore padded under gear?

I think they should..... early in wade's career...I predicted that he'd played 5 years max...because he got airborne in weird positions so often
    Doubt it. Padding is nice but would likely not have absorbed enough of the shock from the falls he took to make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS

I'm almost positive he did