Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Raptors Earned a lot of respect today

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    just like your shitty team got lucky enough to be still able to contend for the last playoffs spot, although miracle did not happen in the end. Sucks for you, man.
    stop being salty and accept tha fact yall got lucky

me today

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I think we need to consider trading T-Ross if there is a deal out there to improve our roster this off-season.
    I agree. Ross should be shopped around. I just don't know what his value could be.

I don't think they'll be able to re-sign Vasquez. It would be nice to have him back but I think he'll get a better deal than the QO and you just can't spend too much money on a bench player.

I'd love for the Raptors to get a starting caliber SF somehow. Maybe get lucky in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I agree. Ross should be shopped around. I just don't know what his value could be.

I don't think they'll be able to re-sign Vasquez. It would be nice to have him back but I think he'll get a better deal than the QO and you just can't spend too much money on a bench player.

I'd love for the Raptors to get a starting caliber SF somehow. Maybe get lucky in the draft?
    Deng?, Ariza? i don't know what kind of Money they would command tho, maybe full MLE

If only they had a legit 7'0 big men who could rebound and protect the paint, Joe Johnson was having his way at one point in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    This.

Off season priorities:

- re-sign Lowy. I honestly don't care what it cost. Just get it done. If he's not on the roster next year, I doubt we make the playoffs.

- re-sign Vasquez. At the very least, find another good back-up PG.

- re-sign Patterson. An absolute must imho.

- sign a quality back-up PF & C (maybe be able to address one those spots in the draft).

I think we need to consider trading T-Ross if there is a deal out there to improve our roster this off-season.
    You for the most important one... Don't pick up the damn option for John Salmons.

Also, yeah, I think Ross might be on the trading block but we'll see. Getting a true SF that can defend his mandatory. I wish we had James Johnson in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtheman
    If only they had a legit 7'0 big men who could rebound and protect the paint, Joe Johnson was having his way at one point in the game.
    Foul trouble and missing defensive assignments. We made our run without Val. Amir did much a better job than Val today and with Patterson out at the same time, it helps the versatility in the lineup.

Val is a long was from a finished product, so I do expect him to improve next year. I expect all our young talent to improve and take the next step.

DeMar DeRozan is really good. I've always liked Amir Johnson and when he played well so did Toronto. But Kyle Lowry is a giant ass. He complains on EVERY call.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    DeMar DeRozan is really good. I've always liked Amir Johnson and when he played well so did Toronto. But Kyle Lowry is a giant ass. He complains on EVERY call.
    But Lowry has been the guy who moves the team forward, even more than Derozan TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    That's part of his shtick. He constantly makes a concerted effort to work the refs ala Jason Kidd during his entire career. If you're a fan of an opposing team it's understandably exasperating but love it while he's wearing your teams jersey.

We desperately need to acquire a SF who can hold his own on the offensive end. JJ torched the shorts off every player not named Landry Fields all series. His inept offensive game makes him a constant liability out there though.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    We desperately need to acquire a SF who can hold his own on the offensive end. JJ torched the shorts off every player not named Landry Fields all series. His inept offensive game makes him a constant liability out there though.
    Fields is just a contract they have to wait out. The guy is garbage. Not Salmons-level garbage but close enough.

I thought Ross' D was overrated all year but I was impressed with the emergence of his 3pt shot. He's just so limited offensively beyond that though. I don't see him as a starter in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Fields is just a contract they have to wait out. The guy is garbage. Not Salmons-level garbage but close enough.

I thought Ross' D was overrated all year but I was impressed with the emergence of his 3pt shot. He's just so limited offensively beyond that though. I don't see him as a starter in the NBA.
    I'm still on the fence about Ross but I comprehend your scepticism. He shows glimmers of strength combined with solid stretches of consistent play and then balances that off with all kinds of question mark play. I'm curious to see what comes of his game next year though.

And you're dead on about the other 2...

Q, what do you suppose we do with Casey now?

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Q, what do you suppose we do with Casey now?
    Not that you asked me, but I think he will get retained. Personally, would try to find a coach that runs better offensive sets and has competent defensive schemes.