Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Mario Hezonja will be a star in this league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4vqiqSMOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9R05d01sRE

When people hear this guy's name and see what he looks like, most would think "soft Euro kid who'll probably bust", amiright?

That thought's false. Very false. This man is a 6'8" 20-year-old small forward playing for one of the best teams in Europe, FC Barcelona, in a league much stronger than NCAA Division I.

He already has a wet three-point shot for NBA standards, is a very athletic player with a great vertical and quickness/speed, and has the potential to become a good defender at the 2 and 3. With his size and length, he will already be able to cause trouble in passing lanes, so with some development, he can become a top two-way player. Hezonja can see the floor well for someone his size and handle the ball like a PG, at times bringing the ball up the floor for Barcelona. His ability to slash and fight through contact will serve him well in the NBA, and with his athleticism, we will see some very fun plays I think.

My favourite thing about Hezonja though is the intagibles. This guy carries himself like a star. He acts like a young Kobe or LeBron and has that competitive fire and selfishness that can sometimes boil over and send red flags flying over his attitude. Mario will adapt in this league like no other, and become one of the best European players we've seen along with fellow Croatian, Drazen Petrovic, and reach All-Star level.

You just wait.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Mario Hezonja will be a star in this league.

I like him. Might be the best athlete in the draft.

Banned

Interviews will be a big part in where he lands. He is rumored to be a headcase and bad locker room guy. If those are bs though I'd like his skillset in orlando

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Interviews will be a big part in where he lands. He is rumored to be a headcase and bad locker room guy. If those are bs though I'd like his skillset in orlando
    Hezonja or Winslow if they are at #5?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Maybe. But you can see where he's coming from at times. For one of his games, ten NBA scouts flew over to see him, and for some odd reason, the coach decided to sit him out for the whole game.

I also heard there was a lot of team politics going on during the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Hezonja or Winslow if they are at #5?
    I think Hezonja's a better talent than Winslow.

that first mixtape was sick. dude looks like a #1 pick. Super athlete, crazy range on that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I think Hezonja's a better talent than Winslow.
    I think Winslow is a safer bet. To me though Winslow is the type of guy who will do whatever it takes to win and listen to the coach. He will be that glue guy who rebounds a lot, plays elite defense, and shoots when he is wide open. Not forcing anything.

But something about the way Hezonja plays again far more elite talent impresses me. His 3 point shot is very smooth too.

NBA rookie of the year

Give me Devin Booker or Kelly Oubre over this weak euro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Maybe. But you can see where he's coming from at times. For one of his games, ten NBA scouts flew over to see him, and for some odd reason, the coach decided to sit him out for the whole game.

I also heard there was a lot of team politics going on during the season.
    Yeah that's why I think interviews and work outs will be big. No one knows the situation he's been in well so maybe it's justified, maybe it isn't.

At 5 for Orlando I can't choose between Mario, Porzingis and Winslow. I probably prefer Hezonja or Porzingis over Winslow because I think both of them have a better shot at being a star scorer (which we will need if we want to be more than a 7th/8th seed every year) but Winslow looks to be a safe all round pick if they go that way. This draft has a lot of guys in the 5-10ish range that look intriguing. Guess time will tell if it's a deep draft or not but it looks that way at the moment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I think Winslow is a safer bet. To me though Winslow is the type of guy who will do whatever it takes to win and listen to the coach. He will be that glue guy who rebounds a lot, plays elite defense, and shoots when he is wide open. Not forcing anything.

But something about the way Hezonja plays again far more elite talent impresses me. His 3 point shot is very smooth too.
    That's how I see him too, the problem Orlando has from my perspective is we already have a roster that is full of guys like that but I don't think we have anyone who's a go to scorer type player. At some point we need to swing for the fences and take a risky pick. Don't get me wrong though I'd be happy with Winslow too but he just seems the safer but less pay off option.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Have you even watched Oubre? I'm like so serious because I'm 100% you've never watched him play and just picked some random name you remember from the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Idk man I'd like Heat to take Hezonja this year. Only seen highlights, but his athleticism is crazy from what I saw. I think he is a good shooter and plays the 3 too, which is also helpful for Miami.

NBA lottery pick

the next Carlos Delfino.

Hezonja will bust hard. People and himself expect him to be a star, but he will be limited to a 3pt shooter

He could be really good at that if he accept his role. But i aint touching him in the top10

i too would take Oubre and Booker over him