After being out since April of this year, I finally purchased Shuggie Otis Inspiration-Information/Wings of Love, and shit I though Inspiration-Information was amazing ... He is like Prince before Prince.

The first mention, I-I was released back in 1974 with little fan fare, but is a masterpiece in its own. I made a thread/reply about the record about a year back in my Obscure Albums thread.

Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information: The Obscure Album of the Day

At 22, that was the last record he would release. He didn't die, didn't get involved into drugs, the industry happened. Even with Jazz great Johnny Otis as his pops and other friends in high places like Al Kooper and Frank Zappa, the big labels weren't interested. So he just faded away ... He'd still gig all the time with either his pops or make appearances on his own where he was rediscovered.

Wings of Love takes tracks recorded but unreleased by Shuggie mostly between 1975 and 1980 (three from 1987 and one from 1990.)

All the tracks are top notch, F-N top notch.

Prince had to have had access to Shuggie's material without anyone knowing ... All unheard until April of this year.

Special 1980
Don't You Run Away 1977
If You'd Be Mine 1987
Things We Like To Do 1977