Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Dwight responds to Shaq's comments

I have a puppy I named Shaq because he was the biggest of the litter.

With Shaq becoming a douche, I renamed my puppy "stains" because his spots look like stains.

I couldnt find Stains in the yard and was roaming around outside yelling "Come Stains!"

My neighbors came outside telling me I am disgusting and went back in their houses locking the doors.

My wife is looking at me like...

5-time NBA All-Star

Kobe put DH up to this. Remember Shaq bullied Kobe and then Kobe went hard at him and Shaq shut up afterwards. Kobe's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    What I dread is the almost inevitable moment when Shaq says exactly that, and they embrace...watch Shaq induct Dwight into the HOF in 15 years.
    Shaq has a venemous type of hate and doesn't really like anybody. He only has a shot of enshrining Hakeem.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by nycelt84
    Mikan wasn't associated with the Lakers at all for years after they left Minneapolis. Even today his number isn't retired and the team didn't even honor the Minneapolis titles until a few years ago. Wilt used to dog both Kareem and Shaq, and Shaq feuded with Kareem also.
    Wilt also spent interviews praising Kareem and Shaq, and Kareem would speak highly of Shaq's dominating nature.

Shaq has certainly done more ill-speaking of Howard than positive acclaimation.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Shaq's really gotta get over Dwight taking the Superman thing.

Shaq needs to let it go. He wasn't the first great center in LA let alone the NBA and he won't be the last. Dude still acts like he's 20. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Shaq needs to let it go. He wasn't the first great center in LA let alone the NBA and he won't be the last. Dude still acts like he's 20. Grow up.
    Let what go?

His recent comments were simply bball opinion, he prefers Lopez's and Bynum's play style at centre to Dwights.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Let what go?

His recent comments were simply bball opinion, he prefers Lopez's and Bynum's play style at centre to Dwights.
    he said lopez was better. you're a fool if you think he believes that deep down. this is just to keep his name out there/keep his conflict with dwight going. he would literally say hadaddi is a better center if he thought it stirred up enough controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Shaq knows what he's doing, he's motivating Dwight to become one of the best ever
    haha, I wish it was like that. I think Shaq could say that if Dwight did.

I don't think Shaq is salty, but I do think he thinks Dwight is a ****ing underachiever and he is. So, in a way maybe he is motivating him.

I don't think he's doing it because he likes Dwight, though.

-Smak

NBA lottery pick

Teams with capspace should just pay Shaq to shittalk Dwight the whole year. Their only chance to get Dwight out of LA.

Shaq is behaving childish, because Howard took the Superman gimmick and by that started the comparisons. I don't get it. That has been iirc 3 years ago.

Now Dwight is in LA and starting to get more Shaq comparisons of course. Shaq doesn't like that.

imo instead of antagonizing Howard he should embrace the situation and try to be a mentor. I bet LA would embrace him again if he did and Howard played a leading role in a title run.

It's hard to imagine why Shaq is doing this ... it comes across as extremely bitter and petty. Unless he is just trying to stir up controversy and bring attention to himself. Everyone knows Shaq loves to be in the spotlight.

Good for Dwight though. Reminding the world that Shaq was a great player but is now coming across as unnecessarily vindictive is a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Teams with capspace should just pay Shaq to shittalk Dwight the whole year. Their only chance to get Dwight out of LA.
    Shit, they don't need to pay him. Just bring up Dwight's name and I'm sure Shaq will do the rest.

What makes this worse is that Dwight has said a bunch of times that he looked up to Shaq and that he was his favorite player. That's gotta suck to be rejected by your idol.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Let what go?

He said Lopez was better for the Nets than Dwight would be. That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    A lot of optimism here, let me present the dark side. I'm pretty sure Shaq's agenda is to get in Dwight's head, I'm sure the last thing Shaq wants to see is Dwight do well in his former shoes

I think he's trying to make Dwight realize that he's "replacing" Shaq as the new Lakers dominant center, and wants Dwight to back out of his territory. That's just how I see it.. If you guys want to keep being optimistic go ahead, this is no knock on you. Every penny has 2 sides right?

+1

If Shaq doesnt respect you? this is what happens. He throws daggers until you win and shut him up. He obviously doesnt respect Howard's game.
    Howard is a great defensive player, but him calling himself superman is lame when Shaq was already Superman.. Howard is like Superboy maybe

not trying to diss Howard. He is a great player, but he is hardly the player Shaq was.

I can see Howard didnt want this to become an issue if he came to LA