Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #46
huppcap
Local High School Star

I think people have written off Graham too quickly. There are lots of NBA players that have taken more than one year to establish themselves as solid players. He has the skills.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #47
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
I think people have written off Graham too quickly. There are lots of NBA players that have taken more than one year to establish themselves as solid players. He has the skills.

He has the skills, just not the confidence. That comes in time.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #48
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

Gotta be kidding me, our weakness's are at SF/SG and we are gonna trade away our second best at that position for PG depth and Hedo Turkolu?
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #49
Fenris-77
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Gotta be kidding me, our weakness's are at SF/SG and we are gonna trade away our second best at that position for PG depth and Hedo Turkolu?

I'm not too keen either. Especially when we can sign Parker and Garbajosa who, between the two of them, can play all five positions and who are both experienced veterans with championship experience. I'm all for signing two of Europe's best veteran players. I'll even put up with all the inevitable 'soft euro' jokes.
Fenris-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #50
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

My stomach would turn if I ever saw Turkoglu in a Raptors uniform. Yuck.. I just don't like his game. It would be like trading for a crappier version of Villanueva.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #51
dgilbert
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Honestly I love this deal. You need to remember, yes, Joey might have potential, but we're getting rid of a big contract, we are getting a guy (Hedo Turkoglu) that lit Toronto up on a number of occasions if you do remember that and Keyon Dooling would be a nice trade bait. we have Calderon, but the thing is, we have Dooling who is a good, not incredible, but good point guard and we might be able to package him up in the Mike James deal or something...There would be big possibilities here.

I don't like seeing Joey Graham go but as we said about the Charlie V trade, top get good players, you must give up good players.
where getting rid of a contract that expires in a couple years, for hedo's, which if i'm not mistaken is a huge one that still has multiple years on it, although I could be wrong on this contract info, and if I am I apoligize. I'm not crazy about this deal.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #52
astroboy2k5
Saw a basketball once

I like this trade can you imagine this possible line up.

pg ford 5-10
sg peterson 6-7
sf turkoglu 6-10
pf bargnani 6-11
c bosh 6-11

That is the tallest front court in the league. Can you imagine turkoglu and bargnani hitting 3's, how could any team cover two guys who are almost 7 feet that can shoot 3's.
astroboy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #53
the truth
...since 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy2k5
I like this trade can you imagine this possible line up.

pg ford 5-10
sg peterson 6-7
sf turkoglu 6-10
pf bargnani 6-11
c bosh 6-11

That is the tallest front court in the league. Can you imagine turkoglu and bargnani hitting 3's, how could any team cover two guys who are almost 7 feet that can shoot 3's.

:rollingeyes:
Bargs is 7 feet easy, Bosh is 6'10, and if anyone is going to play centre it will be the guy that weighs 250 pounds. Lets see, which one is that again? And how do you figure Ford is 5'10? He's listed at 6 even. If you want to start making up measurments then there's no point in posting them next to the players name.

And f Turkoglu! I really don’t like him. I want to say hate but that's a strong word, more suitable his fellow flopping buddy Vlade.

P.S. People say that Bosh has grown some so we'll see if they adjust his measurement, but I doubt they will. Until then he is 6'10.

Last edited by the truth : 07-10-2006 at 10:14 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: