Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons 2018 Off Season Moves

The first one is the most obvious. The Pistons need a head coach. What are you all thinking? Stackhouse is a former Piston who has been interviewing with teams. I kind of like that idea. Budenholzer is another name that is getting thrown out there. I'm suprised Mark Jackson isn't a name we ever hear of with all these vacancies. I think he is a good coach.

For the front office I'd really like to see them bring in Billups. I think that would be the best choice.

There's not much this team can do unless they are somehow able to make a major trade. I don't see teams taking on Griffin's contract. I don't see us getting a fair return for Drummond. If they trade Jackson they would need another starting PG and I don't see them getting on in return. We're kind of stuck with this team. We really need to hope Kennard and Johnson can step their games up. Kennard gets a lot of heat for being picked before Mitchell. I actually think he had a good rookie season considering. SVG was terrible at developing young guys yet Kennard was the first one that showed he had promise. His usage wasn't anywhere near those other top rookies. Otherwise I think he would have had pretty good numbers. I think he'll definitely be starting next season. Hopefully he keeps working. Seems like a solid starter at SG for a long time for us. I kind of wish they just would have went into full tank mode quite a while ago though. There's not a lot to look forward to. Do we really think Johnson is somehow going to get to that next level? Seems like a bust to me. Maybe Ellenson can finally step up. They could just trade everyone for draft picks and tank next season. I'd actually be fine with that. Get out of mediocrity and try to get a few young game changers. I don't see that happening though so our only hope is players get better. Healthy the team would have made the playoffs this season. They would have got crushed, but they would have been there.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2018 Off Season Moves

I will say this. It's not as deep of a draft this year so the guys outside of the top 10 would have been hard to choose from. It's not the worst possible season to lose that pick. It still gives Detroit no financial flexibility though.

NBA lottery pick

I don't know if you all saw this but it would have made things so different..... The Celtics would not be in the ECF right now lol. We should have pulled the trigger. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-celt...161118609.html

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

NBA lottery pick

They would need to get way more first round picks back. I understand blowing it up, going young, and building through the lottery. I always hated how they would fight to be a late lottery pick. Dumbest thing ever. But you can't fire sale and not get picks.

It'd be a tough ask getting much back on Griffin and Jackson. At this stage, I'd be clearing up minutes for the young guys to play. Take a bit of a bath now on what you get back. Develop your players + build through the draft. The picks will come.

NBA lottery pick

Reggie sure, but for a team with cap space they should be willing to give up a high first round pick for Blake.

Target?

NBA lottery pick

A team who misses out on a FA. I don't know that we will see any changes this off season. I think if we see a big trade it will probably happen before the next dead line. The new management will definitely want to put their mark on the roster. But they aren't just going to go into full tank mode. That wouldn't look good to the league or the fans.

NBA lottery pick

So it sounds like they are going to interview Kenny Smith, Juwan Howard, and are interested in Casey. Really it doesn't matter who they get for the most part. I don't see it changing things. This is a mediocre team.

NBA lottery pick

Beilein was interviewed today. I find that interesting. I would suck for U of M but he is a really good coach. Bet he would be great with player development. Probably quite the opposite of what we're used to. He is a guy who seems to get a lot from not much, which is a position the Pistons will need to be in for quite a few years in the future now.

NBA lottery pick

Jason Kidd is interviewing today.

NBA lottery pick

Keith Langlois: Pistons holding a free-agent minicamp. Most interesting name: Derrick Williams, former No. 2 overall pick out of Arizona

Pistons confirm that Dwane Casey is the team's new head coach:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=21546

They will officially introduce him at a press conference next week

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I'm just not super excited with the hire. He did a good job in Toronto. I just hate being stuck in mediocrity.