Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Exclamation Official Playoff PimpCast: Spurs vs. Lakers, 5/23/08, 6:00PM PST, Staples Center

Hi Everyone,

Playoff PimpCast Edition

VS.

6:00PM PST // 9:00PM EST // 2:00AM UK Time // 3:00AM Flemish Time // 4:00AM Bulgarian Time

Television: TNT Television Nationally
Radio: KLAC 570AM LA Laker Radio Station
(Fox Sports West will have Laker Post Game Show, thanks Laker4Lyfe)

Season Record vs. Spurs: 2 - 2
Playoff Record vs. Spurs: 1 - 0

This is the official playoff gamecast for the Spurs vs. the Lakers. Game 2!

So, how many Laker fans are left after the heart attack in Game 1? This was the tale of two games in one... for about 60% of Game 1, the Lakers looked rusty, tentative, tired, confused, out of sync, unfocused and with little intensity (hows that for a list?)!! In the second half toward the end of the 3rd quarter, after being down by 20 an about 5 minutes left in the 3rd, the beast woke up!

I just find it hard to believe the Lakers can come out that flat again in Game 2. So many of the players were flat that they have to be pumped up that they survived a scare and got away with a win. Sasha did a good job of harassing Manu and the Lakers team defense was awesome in the 4th quarter. Gasol was rotating on the help very well which disrupted the way the Spurs like to drive to the basket. I hope we see more of that.

Make no bones about it, the Spurs are a formidable team with incredible poise and toughness. They are gamers and this is NOT a series the Lakers can just glide through! They are going to have to earn it!

Game Preview: ESPN Game Preview

As a side note, I will not be posting in the main forum during the game. I will be right here.

Go Lakers!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Spurs vs. Lakers, 5/23/08, 6:00PM PST, Staples Center

Everyone on the team has to step it up. This is big game. Very important.

I missed the first game. I will do my best to be here game time.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Spurs vs. Lakers, 5/23/08, 6:00PM PST, Staples Center

I feel the lakers need to take advantage of the 3 major highlights of game one.

1. Adequate execution by Bryant. No forcing is needed. When its best to be a facilitator then I hope he finds his teammates. Yet when its time to get down to buiness, then I hope he becomes efficiently aggressive.

2. The Bench Mob will be crucial to the outcome of this series. They need to play with poise, and retain and push the lead while a portion of the starter are out. Farmar, Sasha, and Turiaf will need to focus up and not be afraid of being aggressive. However they need to couple that competitive spirit with proper decision making.

3. I think the biggest asset that the lakers hold against the spurs is youth. I noticed in game one's comeback that the lakers looked viral and full of natural enery and that youthful exuberance gave them the ability to push in a way that dissoriented the spurs. The spurs were one step behind and could not match the natural spryness of the lakeshow. Particularly looking at Bruce, Finley, and Horry you could notice that age is slowly but surely becoming a factor.

The Lakers collectively hold all the necessary parts to beat the Spurs. They just need to play smart and learn a way to keep their energy, intencity, and defencive personality flowing at all times.

Lakers for 2008 Champions
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
As a side note, I will not be posting in the main forum during the game. I will be right here.

Go Lakers!

y?
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
y?
trolls....
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
gts
shhhhhhh

Kobe=MVP07, the main forums has become troll heaven in game threads...
the actual game is very rarely discussed and is more about complaining about refs, (laker and spurs fans) knocking anyone on the lakers not named kobe (kobe fans) and just the overall hate vented at either teams by other posters...
myself i want to post and say things like

"nice spin move by odom"

and not have someone respond with

"he clearly pushed off while ignoring a wide open kobe, what was fisher thinking when he passed the ball to lamar and even though i'm a laker fan the ref missed the call and that's why this series is over! spurs in 3"

i want to say a laker made a bad play, or the spurs made a good play without being flamed..

i like talking the ins and outs of the game, laughing and joking and have an enjoyable time watching the game with my friends here on ISH...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
SoCalMike

exactly... i have enough pressure with the Lakers competing to win and me punching walls... the main forum game threads are a "cespool" as i think gts called it in there... its not amusing to me during a game and at least in here i am amongst friends and if a troll comes in, i have the power to do something about it for the benefit of all.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
Erathia
Good High School Starter

Yeah, I completely understand anyone not wanting to post in the main forums' game threads. Half the thread consists of people that aren't watching the game and just want to troll.

I think this game will be much different in the first half. Kobe, Odom, and Fisher all came out flat and rusty in game 1. Radman and Pau were the only reason we were in that game. Spurs, on the other hand, came out and played a perfect first half. They held down their turnovers and didn't have any offensive disappearances.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Half the thread consists of people that aren't watching the game and just want to troll.
exactly, perfect example the other night loki was going off on pargo for this and that, i thought "what game was he watching?" so i did a quick scan of the play by play and found that i was correct and posted the play by play for loki to see..
his response was
"yeah the feed i was watching went down in the quarter so i didn't see that part"
wtf? lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
exactly, perfect example the other night loki was going off on pargo for this and that, i thought "what game was he watching?" so i did a quick scan of the play by play and found that i was correct and posted the play by play for loki to see..
his response was
"yeah the feed i was watching went down in the quarter so i didn't see that part"
wtf? lol

yeah, i rememeber us saying the same thing about RidonKs as well making comments about a particular game that did not match what was happening.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

it should be interesting to see the adjustments both coaches make. i liked our speed once some of the bench came in...maybe for game 2 phil could use sasha and ronnie a lot. in fact, i liked our perimeter of

kobe
sasha
farmar
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
his response was
wtf? lol

Loki is a true Laker hater and a complete fool at the same time. All he posts is Laker/Kobe hate posts with little or nothing backing anything he types. I don't even read a lot of his posts anymore. If I see his nick, I just skip his post and move along. Not worth reading it.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
it should be interesting to see the adjustments both coaches make. i liked our speed once some of the bench came in...maybe for game 2 phil could use sasha and ronnie a lot. in fact, i liked our perimeter of

kobe
sasha
farmar

You have to remember though; Farmar isn't playing that consistently. He played good yesterday but... unless if he does more, he is unreliable. Sasha is a very reliable player though from the bench without a doubt. I like his perimeter defense.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #14
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #15
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
You have to remember though; Farmar isn't playing that consistently. He played good yesterday but... unless if he does more, he is unreliable. Sasha is a very reliable player though from the bench without a doubt. I like his perimeter defense.

i liked farmars speed against parker. and yeah, sasha is the perfect defender for a slightly banged up ginobili.

and i like turiaf on duncan, hes quick and i feel like the spurs as a whole, quickness is duncans problem..
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: