Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

I wouldn't mind hanging onto Granger, 6'9 and 230 pounds, no reason he can't provide minutes as a stretch 4 (maybe not fast enough to play SF with his age / injury history).

38% career 3pt shooter, but that was as "the man" on those pacers teams - would think as a bench sniper that % could even rise, as the majority of his shots now would be stationary catch and shoot situation's.

Plus this will be his 12th year, a true Vet, a good influence on our locker room. Even if he were playing as a 12th man kind of role, would be good.

Not sure we keep Prince in that case? hrmmm, Lebron was trying to recruit him to cavs..

Byt the way we gave up a 2nd rounder in 2020 for Morris, Bullock, Granger

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Ok. But from what i watched last season, giannis did not primarily play the 4, regardless of what talk radio said. And i watched over 15 bucks games
    Yeah his game just doesn't translate as either a traditional 4 (post play) or a stretch 4 (lack of outside shot)...

Could develop into the #1 wing defender in the league, I would play him on the opposition's most dangerous wing (George, Thompson, Harden, Wiggins etc)

Oh yeah and definitely Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yeah his game just doesn't translate as either a traditional 4 (post play) or a stretch 4 (lack of outside shot)...

Could develop into the #1 wing defender in the league, I would play him on the opposition's most dangerous wing (George, Thompson, Harden, Wiggins etc)

Oh yeah and definitely Stanley
    Dude, if giannis was a piston, he would undoubtedly be my favorite player. The way he gets to the the basket without fundamental skills now is amazing.

I agree, he can become the #1 wing player if he stays on this trajectory.

Weird thing is he shot 3s two seasons ago, then stopped last season. He figured out it only takes him two steps to get from the 3 pt line to the basket and he's too fast and lanky for anyone to stop him. If he develops that 3 ball, he'd on level with durant for lethalness.

^^ woah woah woah lol,

He could become the #1 wing defender, not the #1 wing... But I agree the sky is the limit,

Pretty sure it was Kidd who told him to stop taking 3's last year, smart coaching really, he may as well use his god given body and athleticism to the best of it's ability.

Lightbulb Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

^^ woah woah woah lol,

He could become the #1 wing defender, not the #1 wing... But I agree the sky is the limit,

Pretty sure it was Kidd who told him to stop taking 3's last year, smart coaching really, he may as well use his god given body and athleticism to the best of it's ability.
    Hahaha. Well i stand by my words. Lebron has a few good years left and durant now has a foot injury (which spells trouble for any big man.) Hed contend with harden and george as the best in abut 6-7 years, while still having years in age on them.

Hahaha. Well i stand by my words. Lebron has a few good years left and durant now has a foot injury (which spells trouble for any big man.) Hed contend with harden, george and Stanley Johnson as the best in abut 6-7 years, while still having years in age on them.
    Fixed

Fixed
    Lol. Don't mind it. But you couldn't fix my abut typo?!? Hahaha

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It's being reported all over they both didn't offer him the max. He's a great fit there. They need a C and they have a ton of young talent. It's a team that took the Bulls to 6. They certainly have a better roster than we do, as does Indiana, Chicago, and Cleveland currently.....
    I read a few places that he got max offers from all 4 teams that met with him

Decent college freshman

I gotta think Grangers is gone. I'd think they'd bring Bullock to camp at the least. See what him,Hilliard and Adonis Thomas have to offer.

I really like this roster right now. Its to a title contender, but it looks like an SVG team, asssuming Jackson is back. He has his creating PG, his big guy down low, a 4 man rotation of versatile Fs who can all shoot for the most part and a couple of SGs who can also space the floor, with KCP bringing that Michael Pietrus defense.

NBA lottery pick

It is a bit odd that Reggie hasn't signed yet, but I would have to think it's a lock that he's back.

NBA lottery pick

I'm sure Amare Stoudamire wants to try to play for a contender at this point but with how slim we are at PF I would think he wouldn't be a bad option. Obviously not for a starter but he still can play a meaningful role.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm sure Amare Stoudamire wants to try to play for a contender at this point but with how slim we are at PF I would think he wouldn't be a bad option. Obviously not for a starter but he still can play a meaningful role.
    I don't think STAT serves any purpose for our team. We have ersan and Tolliver at PF. Drummond and Baynes at C. Amare can't stretch the floor. He was never known for his D. In his prime, his weakside blocking ability was fun to watch, but he doesnt have close to that athleticism. He'd take up a bench role on a team that he doesnt fit on.

And all of that is the least of my worries. He has been quite injury prone for the longest time. Signing Amare wouls be a knee-jerk Dumars signing. SVG isn't on the hot seat.

I don't think STAT serves any purpose for our team. We have ersan and Tolliver at PF. Drummond and Baynes at C. Amare can't stretch the floor. He was never known for his D. In his prime, his weakside blocking ability was fun to watch, but he doesnt have close to that athleticism. He'd take up a bench role on a team that he doesnt fit on.
    I hear where you are coming from mate, but we have very little post scoring options - we don't want to pidgeon hole ourselves too much, would be good to sign someone who can actually play some back to the basket ball... But Stoudamire needs to be a rotation guy on a contender otherwise makes no sense for him...

I hear where you are coming from mate, but we have very little post scoring options - we don't want to pidgeon hole ourselves too much, would be good to sign someone who can actually play some back to the basket ball... But Stoudamire needs to be a rotation guy on a contender otherwise makes no sense for him...
    I see it. Makes sense to have that skillset.

Still wouldn't want him. Just looked up his GP to see when he got close to finishing a full season. Hasn't passed 70 games since 10-11. I guess he could be a good veteran presence (since he is in a suit a lot, that's what he would offer), but he'd want too much money for what he actually provides.

NBA lottery pick

Tobias Harris just resigned with the Magic for 64 million/ 4 years. Would you have paid that or went after the weak trades that we did?