Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: I would vote for donald turmp if i lived in the US

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    as president. you guys are in financial trouble at the moment and rather than voting for a black guy because its new or a female because its new id rather vote for a guy who actually knows something about money rather then someone who is likeable.

That is all. enjoy your day USA
    not too much mcdonalds today.
    Then you are a very stupid man

It seems like my instinct that he paid people to be there may be correct
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So he floats his balloon, pays some people to chant his name, and the cameras and column inches follow. The dude understands the press.
    [QUOTE]Trump is controversial and well-known and thus it just makes sense that you

seems to have been confirmed
    It has been claimed that Donald Trump's campaign hired professional actors to attend his campaign launch. Pictured right is Domenico Del Giacco, a jobbing extra in New York City, alongside a woman who was identified as fellow actress Kourtney Klotz

.....In an article published on the Medium social media platform, Carusone points to an Instagram post by actor Domenico Del Giacco, showing him posing in the lobby with the tag 'Trump Mania'.
    Sources close to Del Giacco confirmed to DailyMail.com that he was paid to attend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3dL5qpEp4

Neil Young has called out Trump for using his "Rockin' in the Free World", which is not even the best choice at all if you look into the context.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Neil Young has called out Trump for using his "Rockin' in the Free World", which is not even the best choice at all if you look into the context.

The Reagan campaign used Springsteen's Born in the USA in 1984, a song about an unemployed Vietnam vet with a hopeless future. People thought it was patriotic. People are stupid.

Slick-Willy still da bess with Fleetwood Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Will there ever be a 3rd party candidate becoming the POTUS?
    Perot had it until he temporarily dropped out.

Can I finish?

Can I finish?

OK, I'm finished.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Slick-Willy still da bess with Fleetwood Mac.
    Surprised you would like Bill Clinton. Dude is a borderline right-winger by today's looney left standards.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Surprised you would like Bill Clinton. Dude is a borderline right-winger by today's looney left standards.
    Your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of everything I say and everything you potentially read, is not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of everything I say and everything you potentially read, is not surprising.
    Fair enough. You saying he had a good song choice isn't actually an implication of you liking him. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    The Reagan campaign used Springsteen's Born in the USA in 1984, a song about an unemployed Vietnam vet with a hopeless future. People thought it was patriotic. People are stupid.
    With Trump you wonder if they considered Fortunate Son first.

I remember getting into an argument with a friend's older sister about the The Police's 'Every Breath You Take' and how creepy a song it was. I was quite please years later when Sting mentioned it was an explicitly stalker song and how he used to laugh when people who tell him it was their wedding song.

I just learned that Blondie's One Way or Another is a song about her being stalked, but I guess it's obvious once you think about it.

But the truth is songs work on multiple levels at the same time. How many songs with sad lyrics work to actually make you feel good? So yes, Born in the USA has the ironic lyrics, but it also has those ringing opening chords and that booming backbeat and that chorus that is made for stadiums full of folks who are not unemployed Vietnam veterans to sing at full volume. And you're right, his future is bleak, but the song still has a lot of hope. It's sung defiantly and can be taken as a song overcoming your bad circumstances and still winding up as a cool-rocking Daddy in the USA? Who doesn't want to be a cool-rocking Daddy in the USA? I want to be a cool-rocking Daddy in the USA.

And Every Breath You Take is sung as a love song from a devoted paramour. George Jone's biggest hit and the saddest song in the world, He Stopped Loving Her Today was originally written a joke song where you supposed to laugh at the poor bastard in the title, not feel his pain.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    With Trump you wonder if they considered Fortunate Son first.

I remember getting into an argument with a friend's older sister about the The Police's 'Every Breath You Take' and how creepy a song it was. I was quite please years later when Sting mentioned it was an explicitly stalker song and how he used to laugh when people who tell him it was their wedding song.

I just learned that Blondie's One Way or Another is a song about her being stalked, but I guess it's obvious once you think about it.

But the truth is songs work on multiple levels at the same time. How many songs with sad lyrics work to actually make you feel good? So yes, Born in the USA has the ironic lyrics, but it also has those ringing opening chords and that booming backbeat and that chorus that is made for stadiums full of folks who are not unemployed Vietnam veterans to sing at full volume. And you're right, his future is bleak, but the song still has a lot of hope. It's sung defiantly and can be taken as a song overcoming your bad circumstances and still winding up as a cool-rocking Daddy in the USA? Who doesn't want to be a cool-rocking Daddy in the USA? I want to be a cool-rocking Daddy in the USA.

And Every Breath You Take is sung as a love song from a devoted paramour. George Jone's biggest hit and the saddest song in the world, He Stopped Loving Her Today was originally written a joke song where you supposed to laugh at the poor bastard in the title, not feel his pain.
    A lot of people don't really pay attention to lyrics and for many people that do, the meaning goes over their head.

An extreme leftists artist could make a song sarcastically called "home of the free" and some republican candidate would use it.

Also just learned that Born in the USA was originally written for a Paul Schraeder movie for Springsteen to sing in. It became Light of Day with Michael J. Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    A lot of people don't really pay attention to lyrics and for many people that do, the meaning goes over their head.

An extreme leftists artist could make a song sarcastically called "home of the free" and some republican candidate would use it.
    It why a lot of overtly political songs fail. It has to work as a song first.

Steve Earle's Home to Houston is a lyrically anti-Iraq song, but it works terrifically as a rig-rock, truck-driving song. It also works that the POV of the song is not about politics but survival.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DagXi9XGUJU

He's got others that are clunkers.

I would vote for donald turmp if i lived in the US