Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Lance Stephenson

I been reading about this kid since last year and from some of the stuff I've heard he can ball. Everybody making it seem like he's a thug with the sex assault charge against ( he plead gulity and will not have to serve jail time, counseling and 3 days community service). John Wall was arrested for burglary and nobody is labeling him. I think the kid should be about to show what he can do at Cincy and how he acts off the court next season before he is called a thug and bust. I hope that the kid can play at Cincy and have a career in the NBA.

Y'all might think I'm crazy but I think he will be a top 10 pick in the draft next year if he decides to do a one and done.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Lance Stephenson

Pretty much, possible... I like his game, but considering that he's kinda mentally defective with regard to his selfishness and sorta overdone swagger he's gonna fail...

Anyway i enjoy watching him play

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonson
    Pretty much, possible... I like his game, but considering that he's kinda mentally defective with regard to his selfishness and sorta overdone swagger he's gonna fail...

Anyway i enjoy watching him play
    Shut up loser.

Banned

Stephenson wont be Top 10, probably late Lottery if he has a good season.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Stephenson wont be Top 10, probably late Lottery if he has a good season.
    whats ur problem?
    i did, mention that im probably one of those who are really enjoying watching him play, but im just sayin that hes gonna have problem unless he doesnt change his attitude

Banned

whats ur problem?
    i did, mention that im probably one of those who are really enjoying watching him play, but im just sayin that hes gonna have problem unless he doesnt change his attitude
    There is nothing wrong with his attitude, thats why its so ridiculous to bring it up.

The only example people tend to use is him throwing the basketball at some player 2 years ago.

I've followed Lance since 9th grade after hearing about his Rucker Park debut, and there is nothing about his attitude thats not different from most HS athletes, except he lives and plays on a bigger stage in NYC.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    There is nothing wrong with his attitude, thats why its so ridiculous to bring it up.

The only example people tend to use is him throwing the basketball at some player 2 years ago.

I've followed Lance since 9th grade after hearing about his Rucker Park debut, and there is nothing about his attitude thats not different from most HS athletes, except he lives and plays on a bigger stage in NYC.
    Okay, so i guess there are plenty other losers out there like NY DAILY NEWS:
    Some have cited Stephenson's on-court demeanor as a turn-off. Others were scared away by questions surrounding his eligibility, a pending sexual assault case and rumors of Stephenson's possible involvement with an agent. His father's constant presence caused some programs to cease courting the Coney Island star.
    then probably also a loser called Eamonn Brennan from Yahoo! Sports rivals.com saying:
    His attitude. Chris's post had a quote from a USA Basketball coach about why Stephenson didn't make the under-18 team last year, and it was about team-related attitude. In the Daily News story, a Big East assistant says "With Lance, it's always me, me, me." Davidson's coach, Bob McKillop -- coincidentally the coach of the U-18 USA Basketball team that cut Stephenson -- is now on the record saying:

"Five percent of the game is played with the ball in your hands," McKillop told the News at the time. "The other 95% is played without the ball in your hands. Lance had to work on that."
    Yeah, even SNY.tv just cant hire some solid folks reporting:
    His on-court behavior, which has been termed selfish by some and which got him cut from the U.S. under-18 team by Davidson head coach Bob McKillop last summer, is another issue that may have scared some schools off. So has the looming presence of his father, Lance Stephenson Sr., who is directing the recruiting process.

A slew of colleges have reportedly bowed out of the recruitment, including Florida, Florida International, Kansas, Maryland, St. John's and possibly Arizona, leaving Memphis seemingly as the last team standing.
    Cmon, I dont wanna mess with you, but one definetly cant doubt that his attitude cant really be called mature...

Ah, by the way i've followed lance since his first abcd camp...

Banned

Okay, so i guess there are plenty other losers out there like NY DAILY NEWS:

then probably also a loser called Eamonn Brennan from Yahoo! Sports rivals.com saying:

Yeah, even SNY.tv just cant hire some solid folks reporting:

Cmon, I dont wanna mess with you, but one definetly cant doubt that his attitude cant really be called mature...

Ah, by the way i've followed lance since his first abcd camp...
    What does any of that say about his attitude?
    Father directly took control over his recruitment, so did plenty other HS players who have parents make decisions for them even though they are 18 or 19.
    Lance played at a Lance-ball system at Lincoln, so did Tyreke at ACA and I didnt see anyone saying he cant adjust to the NBA. If you watched Lincoln the past few seasons you'd realize how that team revolved around 2 players, Lance & Padgett, the rest were either too undersized or just werent talented enough.

And each school that mutually seperated from Lance, was considered pulling out due to the NY media sensationalizing his late recruitment.

wut college is Lance going to?? did he chose yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JaE_BLiZZy
    wut college is Lance going to?? did he chose yet?
    Cincinatti.

Decent playground baller

Anyone who still thinks this kid is first round material is out of their mind.

He has fallen off the NBA prospect board, and his play this year is going to determine if he gets back on it.

IMO, He won't get back on it.

Probable secound round pick to undrafted when he comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of his, and I really hope he does make it in the NBA, its just that at this point its not very possible.
    I am going to follow him wherever he goes though, whether it be Europe or the D-league or whatever.

I hope you can make it to the big stage lance!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lukeridnour08

He has fallen off the NBA prospect board, and his play this year is going to determine if he gets back on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of his, and I really hope he does make it in the NBA, its just that at this point its not very possible.
    I am going to follow him wherever he goes though, whether it be Europe or the D-league or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeridnour08

how are you a huge fan of him you don't know him like that in person he isn't nice at all. My cousin goes to the same school with him and they are in the same graduating class. He is anything but nice. I respect him for his achievements and skill set but I don't like him as a person.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    how are you a huge fan of him you don't know him like that in person he isn't nice at all. My cousin goes to the same school with him and they are in the same graduating class. He is anything but nice. I respect him for his achievements and skill set but I don't like him as a person.
    What the **** @ disliking a player for not being nice to your cousin.

Your cousin is probably a douche or doesnt cross his circle.

Saw a basketball once

Honestly, he should stay for at least two years at the Cincy Campus. Year 2011 he then could be the big time prospect everybody want to watch playin.