NBA lottery pick

Default Dre Needs To Stop Posting Up

This is a great article on how ineffective Drummond is when he tries to create his own shot and how SVG is setting the offense up incorrectly.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/...n-it-with-fire

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Dre Needs To Stop Posting Up

I think he can be most effective if he dedicated all of his talent and physical resources to becoming the league's premier pick and roll rim runner.

Shades of prime Tyson chandler / Deandre Jordan - but higher potential. Kid is still just 23. Just needs to shift his focus on what he perceives his ceiling and ultimate roll will be.

He has more offensive skill than those guys (well that isn't really saying too much! lol) but there is no reason why he can't be super effective in that type of role.

Reggie (with as many flaws as he has) is elite with the pick and roll (two man game). I think Reggie and Dre have only scratched the surface to what they can be with this set up.

As good of a driver as Reggie is in the pick and role, his lack of peripheral vision to find the wide open man is what might hurt this potential set-up....

Interesting article. I somewhat agree. Two things.

1) It's easy to see in hindsight that the Josh Smith trade signing was bad for Detroit. But, at the time, it seemed excellent to EVERYBODY. We had 3 solid big men, 2 who were uber athletic, and one who was coveted for his passing skills. It just didn't work out. I would have liked to see us try to get some sort of trash for him, but SVG did what he had to do.

2) Drummond HAS to work on his post game. The main complaint about Dwight Howard which STILL HOUNDS HIM TO THIS DAY is that he never developed a go-to move. If Drummond wasn't trying to work on this stuff, we would be calling him lazy and not trying to improve.

Our focus cannot be building around Drummond anymore. He needs to be our third best player, but a middle nightmare. As the article stated, that means playing defense. He needs to learn how to play defense first and foremost. I could care less about anything else. JUST DEFENSE. For as athletic, long, and big as he is, he is horrible on defense.

So...Kyrie, Bradley, Tobias, and Drummond? That combination could possibly get another star and keep Bradley in Detroit. Now, we have that young core that could make some noise. (Tobias may have to go for a trade to Cleveland, though)

An article has already been written about Kyrie to the Pistons, hahaha.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/...oing-to-happen

In the article about us not getting Kyrie, the author stated that Cleveland would only make trades that allow them to still make the NBA Finals.

I think this trade still gets Cleveland to the Finals. Hell, I think whatever team LeBron is on, as long as he is in the East, he is getting to the Finals. Tobias and LeBron could be a fun combo playing together, as both as long and athletic with decent 3 point shots. Both can switch easily on defense with the 3/4 and sometimes 5 position.

I don't think Cleveland would care much for losing Channing Frye. And they would get a PG who is good.

I don't see Cleveland getting passed GSW without acquiring anyone short of DMC/Anthony Davis/KAT/Kawhi. None of that is happening.

EDIT: Link not working. It is a Reggie Jackson/Tobias Harris trade for Kyrie Irving/Frye. We'd have to throw in some draft picks, of course.
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 07-22-2017 at 02:00 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Kyrie doesn't want to go to Detroit. He's being so dumb right now.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]Toronto called dangling Jonas Valanciunas before the deadline, and Sacramento and Phoenix also expressed strong interest in Drummond in June, per sources. There

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Kyrie doesn't want to go to Detroit. He's being so dumb right now.
    I understand he doesn't want to go there. But, he also doesn't have a no trade clause, so it's not up to him.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah I said that to friends as well. Problem is he would just leave in a few years.