Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #16
Wally450
AD >>> Embiid

Default Re: Any content creators on ISH?

When I torn my labrum during football last year, I decided to video my teams games. Ended up putting little hype videos together for the playoffs and putting them on facebook to attract people to come to games. Ended up getting 20,000 views on the 3 videos I made in a matter of like 3 weeks. Since then I've helped out a buddy in real estate recording houses and putting them up for people to view the house, did another buddies wedding this past weekend, and some other personal videos. Things are going well in the video production department for me. I'm enjoying it.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:47 PM   #17
Levity
NBA sixth man of the year

I have a comedy audio drama on Starburns Audio (Rick n Morty) called "Kevin's Cryptids" season two comes out at the end of October and will guest star:

Adam Carolla, Jeff Garlin, Steve Rannazzisi, Jo Koy, Ari Shaffir, Tony Hinchcliffe, Brody Stevens, the return of Kirk Fox and Darren Hayes, and a butt load more
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:08 AM   #18
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
KBLAZE is a legend/pioneer

Some of us make beats, I have a shitty YouTube channel (2 but who's counting).

But I'm also old school and was writing plays, sketches way before youtube existed. I woulda been big if my boy took it serious, im still very bitter bout it.

We had skits that some would eventually did years after we did. My boy was being recruited by MTV and had 3 agents fighting for him. Was MCing comedy shows and stealing the spotlight from more established comedians in LA.

He decided to focus on rap and that was that.

Im still extremely salty.

And get mad whenever I see a skit on YouTube or tv from something we did 13 years ago.

We started working on skits and shows that were like 'Atlanta', Key and Peele, Chapelle show, Community, etc. Much of it was gold and was getting love by those who saw them live.

SMH

You from LA right? Ever produce for anyone just cutting their teeth and starting out? Did you ever regret it when they didnt deliver the goods over your beat? What you think of Pigeon John? I dig his stuff.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #19
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"

This is something I was contemplating seeing that I rap/produce and recently began shooting my own ghetto green screen music videos

I could post my content here and amass a respectable number of views and a bump in subs, but is it worth the trolling and dislikes that might come with it?

I'll probably do it eventually but for now I'm not that desperate for hits.
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #20
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
You from LA right? Ever produce for anyone just cutting their teeth and starting out? Did you ever regret it when they didnt deliver the goods over your beat? What you think of Pigeon John? I dig his stuff.

From L.A.

And yeah, I made beats for a number of up and coming rappers. Made beats for 'record labels' (aka drug dealers), made music for r&b singers, made beats for dancers.

When I first started you're happy that people are even listening to your beats (still do) and most of the people that asked for beats sucked. But you're excited that people like them and you hope things take off. I became more selective as I got more experience. Rappers had to be dope or they weren't getting anything. Then money gets involved and at some point you lose your musical 'integrity' and start making and selling beats to anyone as long as they pay.

Haven't worked with anyone for years now. Haven't really tried to make 'commercial' beats to sell.

Im not hip to Pigeon John, I'll check him out.

Shameless plug: https://soundcloud.com/agua-1/untitled-6
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #21
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

I pay for Wordpress website as of recently... basically writing onion like articles and things based off what my friends say. Right now it is literally a personal hobby because I like writing satire. In the future after some practice I may start sharing.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: