Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Odom our X-Factor Against Spurs

The title says it all. I believe our key to winning this series lies w/ Odom. He is a huge mismatch for any Spur defender. He can take Duncan/Oberto/Thomas off the dribble and can help racking up fouls for them. We need him to be agressive offensively, and he will also be defending Duncan at times. I say we need to pound the ball into Odom, hopfully get their bigs in foul trouble.

If we win this series, I expect Odom to have had the most impact. Kobe will do his thing, Gasol has been steady, but we really need Odom to perform at a high level. Who can really guard this guy? He is quicker than Duncan and Oberto and too big for Finley, Manu, Bowen, Udoka. Odom needs to get the ball early in the 1st quarter.

Of course many other things need to go right for Lakers to win this series but I think Odom's performance is one of the most important factors in winning.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

Default Re: Odom our X-Factor Against Spurs

I posted this in the pimpcast:

Both the Lakers(pau-odom-24K) and Spurs(manu-parker-duncan) have 3 Ballers on their squads. Respectively an X-factor or sleeper should not be picked from this group.

lakers xfactor will be ariza on offense and defense. :crossingfingersheplays:

If Ariza doesn't play...fisher on offense...and sasha on defense.

Spurs xfactor on defense will be how oberto/thomas are used to guard gasol/odom.

Spurs xfactor on offense is Bruce Bowen. For some reason he always shoots above average offensive numbers against us.

_____

I do agree odom is key to Laker victories. In the same way Gasol and Kobe are key. We need consistenct production from all three or we will struggle to stay in it.

Look for the Lakers to keep Pau in the pivot point of the triangle.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
I posted this in the pimpcast:

Both the Lakers(pau-odom-24K) and Spurs(manu-parker-duncan) have 3 Ballers on their squads. Respectively an X-factor or sleeper should not be picked from this group.

lakers xfactor will be ariza on offense and defense. :crossingfingersheplays:

If Ariza doesn't play...fisher on offense...and sasha on defense.

Spurs xfactor on defense will be how oberto/thomas are used to guard gasol/odom.

Spurs xfactor on offense is Bruce Bowen. For some reason he always shoots above average offensive numbers against us.

_____

I do agree odom is key to Laker victories. In the same way Gasol and Kobe are key. We need consistenct production from all three or we will struggle to stay in it.

Look for the Lakers to keep Pau in the pivot point of the triangle.

I dont know, I dont know the actual definition of x-factor. I view x-factor as the most important key to success outside of the main guy. And Odom really is the key to winning this series.

Not sure if we should count on Ariza as having any real impact. He hasnt played in some time and I dont really think he is in bball shape. Anything out of him would be a huge plus.

I dont think it really matter who we put on Parker. Fisher, Sasha, Ariza all cannot defend him. I think the key is to shut down Duncan and Ginobili. Parker will get his points, and we really struggle against this type of pg. If we can shut the other 2 guys down, then I would say it was a success
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I dont think it really matter who we put on Parker. Fisher, Sasha, Ariza all cannot defend him. I think the key is to shut down Duncan and Ginobili. Parker will get his points, and we really struggle against this type of pg. If we can shut the other 2 guys down, then I would say it was a success

I agree with parker is getting his no matter what. Sasha size could give him some issue.

Paus length will certainly give Duncan a harder time than usual.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: