Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: How much pylometric training does Shannon Brown do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

but yes, shannon brown is blessed with hops.. his athleticism is crazybeautiful
    He's really not that athletic aside from his hops. As an aside, I hate when people exclusively equate hops with athleticism.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    He's really not that athletic aside from his hops. As an aside, I hate when people exclusively equate hops with athleticism.
    you cant have his hops and not be considered a great athlete.. same with farmar.. 2 average sized dudes with insane jumping ability/athleticism (yes jumping ability is very equated to athleticism)

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    you cant have his hops and not be considered a great athlete.. same with farmar.. 2 average sized dudes with insane jumping ability/athleticism (yes jumping ability is very equated to athleticism)
    My point is that Brown is not overall an elite athlete imo. His speed, quickness/agility, body control etc. are not elite. His leaping is. I just don't equate elite leaping with elite athleticism overall.

Dunking on everybody in the park LebrickJames84''s Avatar

Do you guys really believe that. Did you see how Shannon Brown looked in college. Do you realize that college basketball players have to lift weights with he team. He is just playing it down. He is probably saying compared to the NBA lifting what he did in the past was nothing.

Even Kobe said something similiar in his team usa interview.

He does loads, just not specifically 'workouts' but he probably spends loads of time practicing dunks etc. which is the same thing.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wordup
    He seems to have crazy twitch fibres, crazier than Carter and Lebron's
    Fast twitch or slow twitch?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    steroids ruin your knees and dont help you jump higher because they add so much weight.

Steriods don't add weight necessarily. They give you the ability to add weight if you want to by decreasing your recovery time. You can be on roids and be lean and athletic looking. The NBA is the most juiced league there is because everyone is under the wrong impression that you must be big if you're on roids. That's not true.

Decent playground baller

My point is that Brown is not overall an elite athlete imo. His speed, quickness/agility, body control etc. are not elite. His leaping is. I just don't equate elite leaping with elite athleticism overall.
    So Olympic Long Jumpers are not elite athlete's in your opinion?

Gens, always the gens.

If you have a 40+ inch vertical, you are athletic as hell. Not only that, but if you think Shannon Brown doesn't have elite body control then you are crazy. Go for a 360 dunk and try to keep straight in the air. Go try to grab an alley oop when you want to catch it and reverse it in (after you have been running on a fast break).

NBA players, for the most part, are elite athletes. Most people wouldn't be able to do what they do on any given night. Hops doesn't automatically mean athleticism but I think it's bigger than you think.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    He's black.
    lol

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Go try to grab an alley oop when you want to catch it and reverse it in (after you have been running on a fast break).
    I can do that pretty easily. And I don't even have to palm the ball in midair to do it. I can do it with one hand catching the ball, re-adjusting it with one hand, and reversing it all without the other hand touching the ball. Am I an elite athlete, or do I just have good ball/body control?

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Steriods don't add weight necessarily. They give you the ability to add weight if you want to by decreasing your recovery time. You can be on roids and be lean and athletic looking. The NBA is the most juiced league there is because everyone is under the wrong impression that you must be big if you're on roids. That's not true.
    do you understand that steroids ruin your joints, in particular your knees?

It would be career suicide to juice in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    do you understand that steroids ruin your joints, in particular your knees?

It would be career suicide to juice in the NBA
    It's great you say that. Why don't you cite me a source for your purported facts about steroids? I am a premed student so I'd really like to read them. Please explain to me how exactly steroids target the knees. While you're at it tell me the difference between equipoise and winstrol. If they're so tough on the knees wouldn't it be suicide for NFL players to be taking them? I know people that play the the NBA and in Europe personally and I assure you that steroid use is rampant in the the league and abroad.

I can do that pretty easily. And I don't even have to palm the ball in midair to do it. I can do it with one hand catching the ball, re-adjusting it with one hand, and reversing it all without the other hand touching the ball. Am I an elite athlete, or do I just have good ball/body control?
    Dude when you play in the best league in the world and you are one of the highest jumpers in that league then you are an elite athlete. You're just trying to nitpick.