Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Default What if CP3 went to the Lakers?

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Default Re: What if CP3 went to the Lakers?

They would of won the title multiple times
    the 2 best gaurds on one team

If the Lakers want, they can have him now.

3-time NBA All-Star

I actually do think CP3 would've been able to mediate between Kobe and Howard and Howard would've stayed. I also think they wouldn't gotten off to such a terrible start, resulting in Mike Brown getting fired and the terrible hire of Mike D'Antoni. On top of that, I don't think Kobe gets hurt. So they would've had a big three of Kobe, CP3, and Howard. However, I'm not sure Kobe and CP3 really fit that well together, but they'd still be a contender. But wow, if all that happened, Kobe would've been inarguably the luckiest player of all-time as far as talent around him goes.

He was about to until Stern pulled the shadiest move of his tenure as god-king of the NBA

NBA All-star

is it true that Paul Pierce is actually stated as his height at 6'6"?

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    is it true that Paul Pierce is actually stated as his height at 6'6"?
    He is 6'6 without shoes.

Fpliii would overrate him even more.

Just kidding, bruuuuhhhh.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I actually do think CP3 would've been able to mediate between Kobe and Howard and Howard would've stayed. I also think they wouldn't gotten off to such a terrible start, resulting in Mike Brown getting fired and the terrible hire of Mike D'Antoni. On top of that, I don't think Kobe gets hurt. So they would've had a big three of Kobe, CP3, and Howard. However, I'm not sure Kobe and CP3 really fit that well together, but they'd still be a contender. But wow, if all that happened, Kobe would've been inarguably the luckiest player of all-time as far as talent around him goes.

Hes so unlucky that he didnt get Chris Paul. Lebron got Wade and Bosh then Kyrie and Love......

Stern didn't veto the trade for no ****ing reason. He vetoed the trade cause the NBA was responsible for the Hornets and the Hornets would've got raped in that deal. The Clippers offer for Gordan and Minnesota 1st rounder was better AT THE TIME.

Kobe Cp0 and Dwight..

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Stern didn't veto the trade for no ****ing reason. He vetoed the trade cause the NBA was responsible for the Hornets and the Hornets would've got raped in that deal. The Clippers offer for Gordan and Minnesota 1st rounder was better AT THE TIME.
    Raped? They couldn't even pry Eric Bledsoe away from the Clips when they traded an All NBA point guard. Had they got their hands on Eric B. I would say they got the better deal.

Kevin Martin
    Luis Scola
    Lamar Odom
    Goran Dragic
    2012 first-round pick that Houston got from the Knicks

vs

Eric Gordon
    Chris Kaman
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick
    (while NOLA gave up 2 second rounders as well)

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Raped? They couldn't even pry Eric Bledsoe away from the Clips when they traded an All NBA point guard. Had they got their hands on Eric B. I would say they got the better deal.

Kevin Martin
    Luis Scola
    Lamar Odom
    Goran Dragic
    2012 first-round pick that Houston got from the Knicks

vs

Eric Gordon
    Chris Kaman
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick
    (while NOLA gave up 2 second rounders as well)
    At the time, Gordon was a budding "future all star", a great shooter and a great defender and was young. Bledsoe was just potential and didn't play a huge role at the time.

At that time, New Orleans wanted 3 things. Youth, cap space, and draft picks. Those 3 things would look the most enticing to future franchise buyers, and they got all 3 with the Clippers deal. Cap space with Kaman's 14 mil coming off the books, youth with Gordon, and a potentially VERY good draft pick with an unprotected Minnesota first (don't forget, the Clippers waited 5 years for that pick to become unprotected).

The Lakers deal saw them getting an aging Lamar Odom and Luis Scola. Kevin Martin doesn't bring value, Dragic in hindsight might have been okay, and the first round pick from the Rockets wasn't even close to the value of the Minnesota one. Why would they do that? Do you think a potential buyer is going to want a crappy team with no CP3 and aging players and no draft picks? That would bring down the value of the franchise and had it even been sold, would have been a huge loss of money.

Now on to the CP3 to Lakers point. Why do you Lakers fans think the NBA is NBA2k15? This isn't a video game. Just because you have good players doesn't mean they will work. Kobe would not work well with a point guard that literally needs the ball to be effective. Chris Paul is a very ball dominant point guard.

In that case, either Chris Paul would have to become an off ball player (useless, and takes away all of his skill of being a captain), or Kobe would have to be an off ball player (a la Ray Allen), but Kobe's ego wouldn't allow that and Kobe is an iso "give me the ball and let me work" player. That's why all the Laker point guards in the triangle when they were successful were guards that could bring the ball up and only distribute and hit 3's when needed. Think Derek Fisher.. Derek Fisher didn't cross people up and make layups or drive and kick. He just passed the ball along the perimeter and made shots when they needed him to.

You need to learn this so that you can move on in your 5 stages of depression
    Last edited by TheCalmInsanity; 12-30-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Now on to the CP3 to Lakers point. Why do you Lakers fans think the NBA is NBA2k15? This isn't a video game. Just because you have good players doesn't mean they will work. Kobe would not work well with a point guard that literally needs the ball to be effective. Chris Paul is a very ball dominant point guard.

In that case, either Chris Paul would have to become an off ball player (useless, and takes away all of his skill of being a captain), or Kobe would have to be an off ball player (a la Ray Allen), but Kobe's ego wouldn't allow that and Kobe is an iso "give me the ball and let me work" player. That's why all the Laker point guards in the triangle when they were successful were guards that could bring the ball up and only distribute and hit 3's when needed. Think Derek Fisher.. Derek Fisher didn't cross people up and make layups or drive and kick. He just passed the ball along the perimeter and made shots when they needed him to.

You need to learn this so that you can move on in your 5 stages of depression
    /thread

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Kobe would struggle playing with a ball dominant PG and then since Laker fans always place the blame on anyone not named Kobe, it would've been CP3 to take the fall and he would eventually be traded elsewhere.