Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

Raptorballfan has an OK reputation so far

I just watched that YouTube clip from a previous post. He seems to move really well! I'm excited to see how he does. Only problem is, an edited movie of me making all of my shots can make me look pretty good too, but you'll never find me in the NBA! He looks like he's a big man that can really hang with an up tempo team. He should be fun to watch. Does anybody else have any other video's of Bargnani playing?
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I think Andrea is a worthy pick and will be an important piece this year. He can definetly shoot it and create match up problems since he is very quick for his size to the rim.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #18
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Bryan Colangelo has said that Bargs will be a center.

But here is the question that worries me about that, can he take the Shaq's, Dampier's and Wallace's night after night after night?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #19
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
But here is the question that worries me about that, can he take the Shaq's, Dampier's and Wallace's night after night after night?
first, no1 can take shaq XD
second, dampier and wallace added 2gether doesnt equal the offensive powers of bruce bowen
third, im more worried abt him guarding duncan, gasol etc etc lol i know wallace dampier are BIG, but they dont have any offensive arsenal
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #20
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far

Yah, defensively, no rookie big man can ever take on Shaq or wallace because they are just too big and will pound their way in... these guys have already developed their strength and adjusted to the NBA level. However, Bargnani can take these guys offensively by playing to his strength, which is outside shots and drives. Of course I doubt the other team will put their centre on Bargnani but Shaq can't guard Bargs when he is outside the paint.. it be like target practice for Bargnani.. now Ben Wallace I am not sure since he is a defensive beast and will adjust. Having Bargs play his mid range game as a Centre will defintely free up the paint a bit for Bosh or drivers like Ford and Fred Jones... to this extent I can see why Bargs will play centre.
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #21
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

Raptorballfan has an OK reputation so far

^^^ Agreed. If Barg's plays centre, he's not going to be playing a Shaq like game. Offensively, he'll be pulling the other centre's out of the paint to guard him, which opens the door for guys like Bosh, TJ, and whoever our SG is to drive the paint. Defensively he'll be in tough, but the Raps are going to try to avoid playing a real pounding inside game with Bargs on the floor. That's what will make this team fun to watch, TJ driving and dishing to Bargs who was wide open because the opposing Centre decided to cover the paint as he is accustomed to doing. It'll be a fun high motion offense.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #22
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Cool
Bulls rebuilt the ABSOULUTELY proper way, stock pile young talent and then grab a couple good veteran free agents to put them over the top. John Paxon should definetley be in line for exec award if the bulls can atleast reach the east finals which his HIGHLY possible.

bulls are overated. strcitly defensive teams cant win without playing zone and ben refuses to do that. also, their offense is not good enough to keep up with most of the east.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #23
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapsFan4Lyf
first, no1 can take shaq XD
second, dampier and wallace added 2gether doesnt equal the offensive powers of bruce bowen
third, im more worried abt him guarding duncan, gasol etc etc lol i know wallace dampier are BIG, but they dont have any offensive arsenal

good point. i see ben wallace being put in the elite big man category way to often. elite defender category, yes, but hes not an elite big man because he can't score. and even though hes one of the best defenders i didnt beleive that ben should've won DPOY last year because his defense did not mean the most to his team. We were an offensive team last year and he mostly just got in the way.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #24
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i found something (which i found) interesting about bargnani today

he is 7 foot 255 similar to

Quote:
Greg Oden also has many impressive and rare qualities: his humbleness, a quest to improve his game daily and a willingness to be coached. The 7-foot, 255-pounder is a more intimidating man on the court than off of it and will only get tougher.

everyone seems to think oden will be a great Centre in the nba and hes the same size as AB and theres raps fans wondering if hes big enough to play centre, the way i see it bargnani is the same size as oden only with far more advanced offensive skills, (which 7 footers with big time skills are very rare) and from what we've been hearing hes not a bad defender or shot blocker, if he can get better at rebounding he can definatley be better than oden, and hes meant to be the next david robinson!
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #25
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
i found something (which i found) interesting about bargnani today

he is 7 foot 255 similar to

everyone seems to think oden will be a great Centre in the nba and hes the same size as AB and theres raps fans wondering if hes big enough to play centre, the way i see it bargnani is the same size as oden only with far more advanced offensive skills, (which 7 footers with big time skills are very rare) and from what we've been hearing hes not a bad defender or shot blocker, if he can get better at rebounding he can definatley be better than oden, and hes meant to be the next david robinson!

oden seems like he has more room to develop a duncan-like body and bargnani seems like he might develop into a nowitzki body. they may be the same size and weight...but if yopu watch oden play you have to admit he's more talented.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:20 AM   #26
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

bargs will eventually play the 5.

think of a guy like memo okur, with a higher scoring average.

perimeter offense, sometimes on the inside.
interior defense, keeping hands up making life difficult for shorter players.

i can see andy putting up 23, 10 and 2 bpg in his prime.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:44 AM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I must say I never seen a 7 footer as active as Andrea.

This Guy reminds me a lot of Nowitzki's play (im not 12) and I think The raps have a great enough team to go a little deep in the playoffs. Prolly lose in 6 in the first round or maybe even advance to the second but they have to play very well.

Just think of all the talent you guys have now

Andrea, Bosh, Ford is ur Core.

I can't wait to see what happens this year.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: