Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: I guess the new age NBA is being forced down our throats

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I agree that every era laments the passing on to a new generation - where basketball fundamentals are traded for athlethicism and one on one and1 plays.

But when you think about it, most of the time, the "Traditional Teams" always win out.

Bird's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, Jordan's Bulls, Bad Boy Pistons, Hakeem's Rockets, Big Three Spurs, Shaq-Kobe Lakers, One hit wonder Pistons, Big Three Celtics, and Kobe-Gasol Lakers. They all played traditional basketball and not the "everyone clear out while I drive and try to get freethrows".

The only recent culprit was the Shaq-Wade Heat. But everyone knows that series with the Mavs was one of the most disgusting things to watch. Wade literally jumping forward to defenders to get free throws.

Coincidentally the tables have now been turned against the Traditional Teams. The no hand-check rule really limits playing defense and just opens up the lane for everyone. This rule is so ridiculous, It's not even "accepted" by us weekend warriors who only play in the park.

If regualr guys like you and me can play basketball and get to the hole with hand checking... why can't the league?
    Quote Originally Posted by LMFAO
    Wisdom.
    "If regular guys like you and me can play basketball and get away with kicking the ball, double dribbles, crab dribbles, traveling, hand checking, palming, pushing, punching, fighting, illegal screens, illegal defense, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, no shotclock and say **** as much as we like all the time because we have no referee... why can't the league?"

See what i did there? :)

Default Re: I guess the new age NBA is being forced down our throats

A league where:

-team loyalty means nothing?

Is that why guys like Fisher, Duncan, Dirk, etc stay with the teams they love for less money? Is that why the Bulls paid Jay Williams' dumb ass even when they were not contractually obliged to?

-perimeter players > post players

And the best perimeter players are the ones that can score in the paint. Players that can score down low and create from outside will more than likely be better than bigs on offense.....but on defense bigs are still key.

-individual talent trumps team basketball

Really? Is that why the Bulls and Spurs finished with the best records in the NBA and not the Heat?-everything is a foul

-being friends > having rivalries

You're crazy if you think all the PC statements made are real. You couldn't feel the rivalry of the Lakers/Mavs series? You couldn't tell that it felt SO good for them to beat the Lakers after all the titles they've won? Kobe likes Ray Allen? Cleveland likes Joakim Noah? Quentin Richardson and PP get along? KG and Noah?

-toughness and grit don't exist anymore

Butler trying his hardest to come back isn't toughness? Kobe playing with a jacked up finger for two years isn't toughness? Rondo coming back in the game after gruesomely dislocating his elbow isn't toughness? Rose playing with sprained ankles even though his game is predicated on speed isn't toughness?

No one is forcing anything down your throat you have the right to turn the TV/PC off and not watch basketball....and judging by your take on things that might not be a bad idea.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 05-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.