Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Banned

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Andre Berto on September 12

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Boxing died tonite. Seriously, there is nothing out there to watch at this point.

Cotto-Canelo coming up in a few weeks. This is the rebirth. End of the worst era ever, the businessman safety dance bullshit era. Now we can get back to Boxing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    You understand at some points in those fights he is trying to put on a show and be a little more aggressive. It's not like he couldn't have fought Maidana different in the first fight. Even with Berto he was going for a knockout but his hands weren't holding up. If anything it's his hands that have betrayed him, he looked very sharp last night.
    Mayweather trying to put on a show

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Cotto-Canelo coming up in a few weeks. This is the rebirth. End of the worst era ever, the businessman safety dance bullshit era. Now we can get back to Boxing.
    The good thing is that we get away from the Mayweather sweepstakes and hopefully get the best fighting the best. It's weird how such a good fighter can hold a sport back (not money wise but good matches wise). There will be a gaping hole at welter that must be filled. I'm excited about that.

NBA Superstar

I swear Mayweather stans are some of the biggest excuse making fgts i've ever seen in the history of stan fgts

seriously tho y'all are some stupid mf'ers that think u know shit but have no fukkin clue. i have so little respect for y'all opinions i wish i could put u bitches on some dumbass mf'er list. i really need to start one tbh

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    I swear Mayweather stans are some of the biggest excuse making fgts i've ever seen in the history of stan fgts

seriously tho y'all are some stupid mf'ers that think u know shit but have no fukkin clue. i have so little respect for y'all opinions i wish i could put u bitches on some dumbass mf'er list. i really need to start one tbh
    Excuse for what he hasnt lost?? What? You mad he doesnt entertain you enough?. Is he suposse to risk himself more so he can make more money??

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Excuse for what he hasnt lost?? What? You mad he doesnt entertain you enough?. Is he suposse to risk himself more so he can make more money??
    I've always been a fan of Floyd, but I've come to the realization that even now when searching for a point of enjoyable fights, people are still having to dig all the way back to Corrales, Gatti, maybe Judah or Mosley... He's a fighter claiming on camera, the mic, the internet that he can do anything he wants with his opponents and thats why he deserves to get paid what he demands. In the ring he's not reflective of a fighter that believes that. Instead, he does just enough to win a decision in his hometown, with his prefight demands met before talking more harsh words to set up another timid performance. The lamenting of these fights is not a condemnation of Floyd as much as it is fight fans tired of listening to him talk with conviction and then having to witness him fight to squeak by instead of making a statement because fighting that way would put his "0" at risk.

As talented as he is he should be able to fight with more assertion and "closing the show".

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    I've always been a fan of Floyd, but I've come to the realization that even now when searching for a point of enjoyable fights, people are still having to dig all the way back to Corrales, Gatti, maybe Judah or Mosley... He's a fighter claiming on camera, the mic, the internet that he can do anything he wants with his opponents and thats why he deserves to get paid what he demands. In the ring he's not reflective of a fighter that believes that. Instead, he does just enough to win a decision in his hometown, with his prefight demands met before talking more harsh words to set up another timid performance. The lamenting of these fights is not a condemnation of Floyd as much as it is fight fans tired of listening to him talk with conviction and then having to witness him fight to squeak by instead of making a statement because fighting that way would put his "0" at risk.

As talented as he is he should be able to fight with more assertion and "closing the show".
    Yeh but we'll never know if he could've been more exciting or dominant because he'll never do it. He beat manny the monkeys of his back now. He's drained the very heart and soul out of boxing. And future fighters are now going to look up to him. Wanting to be undefeated and super rich all by taking the same approach. Methodical and boring with big cocky mouths. This is why manny needed to win that fight. To set the standard for the next generation. But unfortunately the play it safe tactic will be the go to stragedy for the next line of superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One

I think it's his damaged hands. Hell, yesterday after like round 7 he said he hurt his hand.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I think it's his damaged hands. Hell, yesterday after like round 7 he said he hurt his hand.
    Floyd always had trouble with his hands even before Gatti and Hatton.

Margarito pussyfied him and he became a duck cherrypicking diva.
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-14-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Golovkin fight is getting closer and Chocolatito is on the undercard.

The search and destroy beast mode type of fighters.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller

he's supposed to fight u stupid fgt. boxing is based on fighting. not tagging, hugging, and running waiting for judges to tally gay stats.

one day there will probably be a girl who can do the same thing since it doesn't take a man to tap, hug, and run

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Boxing died tonite. Seriously, there is nothing out there to watch at this point.
    What an awful post. There's already been great matches this year and more to come before the end of the year.