Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: Which Team Could Win The Championship By Just Changing Their Head Coach?

I think GS using their experience from previous years and players getting better, had more to do with them winning than just Kerr taking over. Kerr was an upgrade, but lets not act like that's all that changed. A young team can make big strides over the years, which is what happened with GS.

But as for the thread, I'd say OKC is probably the first team that comes to mind, granted we haven't seen Donovan coach yet.

Default Re: Which Team Could Win The Championship By Just Changing Their Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    LOL @ thinking it was all Jackson's fault and a change for a 1st year head coach was the main reason they won the championship.

How about Jackson helped mold those players into who they are and they proceeded to get better as they got more experience as a team??

I didn't even hear any GS players say it.... but it's pretty shitty on their part for not giving Jackson any credit whatsoever after winning the title. If they did, I rescind my comment.
    It had a lot to do with Jackson (both ways) - Kerr said nothing really needed to be changed with the defense because Jackson did such a good job, but he was running one of the worst offenses in the league (even though we know they had the talent capable of being a top three offense).

So yes, in a sense it was Jackson's fault, because he had his team running Isolation plays almost every time down the court, and you simply can't win a championship like that nowadays.

Warriors.
    Rockets.
    Thunder.
    Cavs with a GOAT coach.